gdf

Plug your shit

Hey I've finally completed my personal portfolio site (for now). Check out my work at mrseanlane.com. Pass it on to any people you know working at game companies in Austin, TX.

Everyone else, hopefully it's mildly entertaining!

Edited by syntheticgerbil

For my video production class this school semester, I did a very strange music video! Have a look and tell me what you think!

May contain wizards.

XzvqthUBeiY

That was mildly entertaining! Good job, syntheticgerbil—you lived up to expectations, as advertised!

I like it! I especially liked the looser, more gestural drawings and animation. I know no one who works in the Austin game industry, tho.

That wizard scares me silly, very nice. It's equal parts school project and real video clip. The second minute (first appearance of the wizard) drags on a bit, but as soon as the wizard pops up a second time and starts singing, it's golden all the way through.

As can be expected, killer soundtrack. Did you make it yourself?

That wizard scares me silly, very nice. It's equal parts school project and real video clip. The second minute (first appearance of the wizard) drags on a bit, but as soon as the wizard pops up a second time and starts singing, it's golden all the way through.

As can be expected, killer soundtrack. Did you make it yourself?

That's not actually the wizard I was thinking of, but oh well.

The song isn't mine, that's Gross Magik, by Tobacco. The original music video for the song I felt was lacking, so I thought making a fanmade music video would be fun. I also thought making it as trippy as possible would be appropriate.

My next few videos will be music videos for my own songs.

axjc0JPMvXU

(And not as stupid as that one.)

Hey, a McCloud recommend, awesome! Well done and good luck, Kingz!

Yeah, this is awesome! Just don't forget where you came from.

Congratulations, Kingsz! Well deserved, I think! How's the traffic so far?

Who are all these peasants here? Kingzjester doesn't communicate with the lowly directly—He has people who do that sort of thing for Him. Please take a number.

Not too shabby! About 1400 unique visits today so far. Not as extreme as I feared (hoped?) it would be, so the server is still holding up. I am curious how this will peter out over the next couple of days.

Very nice, it sort of is right up McCloud's alley. I really like the pallet on page 2 as well.

Wow, Scott McCloud! Great work, Kingzjester!

The second episode of Behind The Bytes is up now. This time we're looking at the Zelda franchise. Or at least our absurd approximation of it.

KQGWc8Mmsw4

A few tweaks after last time: a shorter script, generally pacier editing, and a different location for one of the talking heads. Hopefully it's better overall. The last episode was featured on Kotaku, so I'm hoping lightning strikes twice...

I don't plug shit much, but this is the best thing I've ever been involved with.

For the past 14 months, I've been a part of Nottingham Hackspace. It started back then as three of us in the pub saying "Hey, wouldn't it be great to have a hackspace in Nottingham?". We went through meetings in a pub, to a private room above a pub, to having a store room near an event space, to having 250 sq. ft. of your own space. One month ago, we moved into a four thousand square foot workshop and studio. Our hand was kind of forced by notice being served on our landlords at the last place, and it was a huge risk, but it's gone very well so far.

We had an open day today. We expected long quiet periods with busy spells, but it was busy throughout. People from Leeds, London, Manchester and Northampton hackspaces came over to visit and show projects. There were pedal powered setups powering a stereo playing funk, a bubble machine, and a blender making smoothies. We had a 3D printer making stuff all day. After 4 p.m. we kicked the public out (in a friendly way), then got drunk, rode bikes and unicycles, and shot nerf guns at each other.

Throughout, this has entirely been supported by members fees, and whats more, the rpice is "Pay whatever you think is appropriate to your use of the space". No one has really tried to take the piss yet.

Photos of most things here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nottinghack/sets/72157626706422487/with/5771457297/

I've been watching you gush over the Hackspace on twitter. It sure is purty! :grin:

Hey Thumbs, me and a few friends have been working on a little XBLIG title for a while now. It finally passed review the other day so I thought I'd plug it a bit here.

marketplace link

There's a blog here and I'm handing out some free codes on @TeamSumo at the moment as well. If you try it out at all, let me know what you think! Warning: it's local multiplayer only (no singleplayer).

While I'm at it I might as well plug my website too: http://gclarkedesign.com/. Needs a bit more work on it but for now it'll do.

Kingzjester, I love the Hobolobo site. Nice idea. I like the depth and layout and the drawings are great. You too Syntheticgerbil. Good luck with the applications. In fact there's lots of cool stuff in this thread! Keep it up everyone. :)