gdf

Plug your shit

Argh, wait, there won't be any until maybe Thursday. Bookmark the rss feed and sit tight.

Alternatively if you want to sponsor me, to Hobo Lobo instead of whatever it is I do, I am sure we can arrange something. :buyme:

sponsor? to sponsor you, you'd have to do things you wouldn't like.

but we can work something out with that talent of yours! (the drawing, the drawing). I've been looking for artists to do digital graphic novels for tablet devices. check your PM

Having said that, I'm available to write bum jokes and predictable niche references for tablet devices.

I'm available for nonconstructive criticism and pointing out the obvious.

sponsor? to sponsor you, you'd have to do things you wouldn't like.
You want me to work faster on the comic that you admire and desire to read, but you'd only consider paying me if I did something else entirely, assumedly perverted? :tmeh::shifty:

On a related note, my sister is in town through this weekend, so I dunno if I will get to do any Loboing. Sorry!

Kingz is getting poached! Hands off, he's ours!
Aww. I am being conserved! :chaste: No worries, bbX1138, as long as the natural habitat is undisturbed, the majestic Kingzjester will roam the prairies... or you know, whatever.

Throwing my hat into the ring for "I remember when this was good" griping!

(It's quite fantastic so far, Kingz.)

If anyone with talent wants to waste it, I have plenty of ideas that will end in total failure.

If anyone with talent wants to waste it, I have plenty of ideas that will end in total failure.

I believe that's the same pep talk Steve Jobs used to get people to join Apple.

I believe that's the same pep talk Steve Jobs used to get people to join Apple.

:grin:

Yea, not exactly the strongest sales pitch, OssK. :grin:

For every magical lunatic who talks that talk you have two dozen charlatans with delusions of grandeur who will waste your fucking time by being charming.

:fart:

For every magical lunatic who talks that talk you have two dozen charlatans with delusions of grandeur who will waste your fucking time by being charming.

Very true.

Straight up: here's a pilot for a webseries I've been developing with a couple of friends. Just some dudes with some equipment and a sense of humour.

We've called it Behind The Bytes, based on Behind The Music (and, more importantly, the Simpsons episode 'Behind The Laughter'). It will peddle completely fictitious short documentaries, looking at the scandalous lives of video game characters. The pilot is about Tails, from Sonic the Hedgehog: it is a tragic tale of companionship, obsession, and sprinting.

Have a look.

0OV2ZRm3o44

Comments, pointers, feedback? We're going to see if there's an actual audience for this kind of thing, before proceeding.

Edited by Nevsky

Very good indeed! :tup:

It's very close to being brilliant, in fact. Well done.

Um. Ways to improve it? The graphical stuff is good, the acting... not great. Not terrible, but could be improved.

The story is what made it interesting, and made me keep watching. I'd say do more of that. Nothing massively convoluted, though. Just more drama. You could have added stuff about Sonic feeling guilty about leaving his old partner behind, and that's how Tails got involved in Sonic 2, for example. (I'm a sucker for characters and story.)

Technically the SEGA guy's backdrop could have been less bland, and the audio quality wasn't great (echo-ey rooms).

Funny stuff. Would definitely like more :tup:

Sleepdance, Miffy, glad you both liked it! Now, Thunderpeel...

Very good indeed! :tup:

It's very close to being brilliant, in fact. Well done.

Um. Ways to improve it? The graphical stuff is good, the acting... not great. Not terrible, but could be improved.

The story is what made it interesting, and made me keep watching. I'd say do more of that. Nothing massively convoluted, though. Just more drama. You could have added stuff about Sonic feeling guilty about leaving his old partner behind, and that's how Tails got involved in Sonic 2, for example. (I'm a sucker for characters and story.)

Technically the SEGA guy's backdrop could have been less bland, and the audio quality wasn't great (echo-ey rooms).

Funny stuff. Would definitely like more :tup:

Thanks for the comments, and I'm glad you liked it overall. And, yeah, all the points are valid, and ones that occurred to us when we were shooting/editing:

Acting: The straightforward answer here is that we're not actors, apart from Samantha (who I think is noticeably better). We aimed to keep the team tight, so the three guys are all hyphenates. Also, we were still feeling out the characters as we went through the day-long shoot.

Location: We shot it all in one day at a friend's flat, so were limited in terms of space. For the Jeff Tozai segments, we were going for 'corporate void', and instead got a slightly reverb-tinged man-in-an-empty room effect. If there's a next time we'll try something different.

Thanks again, guys. We're trying to get it out there, and get some eyeballs on it, just to see if there's actually an audience for a series like that. So far, traffic has been slow, but I'm hoping it picks it up soon.

Straight up: here's a pilot for a webseries I've been developing with a couple of friends. Just some dudes with some equipment and a sense of humour.

We've called it Behind The Bytes, based on Behind The Music (and, more importantly, the Simpsons episode 'Behind The Laughter'). It will peddle completely fictitious short documentaries, looking at the scandalous lives of video game characters. The pilot is about Tails, from Sonic the Hedgehog: it is a tragic tale of companionship, obsession, and sprinting.

Have a look.

Comments, pointers, feedback? We're going to see if there's an actual audience for this kind of thing, before proceeding.

That's very well done, Nevsky. I think the quality is top notch, so no complaints there. For internet shorts I would recommend to keep it very short and fast paced. I know it wouldn't be easy, but I think it would improve if you cut about three minutes from it.

Sleepdance, Miffy, glad you both liked it! Now, Thunderpeel...

Thanks for the comments, and I'm glad you liked it overall. And, yeah, all the points are valid, and ones that occurred to us when we were shooting/editing:

Acting: The straightforward answer here is that we're not actors, apart from Samantha (who I think is noticeably better). We aimed to keep the team tight, so the three guys are all hyphenates. Also, we were still feeling out the characters as we went through the day-long shoot.

Location: We shot it all in one day at a friend's flat, so were limited in terms of space. For the Jeff Tozai segments, we were going for 'corporate void', and instead got a slightly reverb-tinged man-in-an-empty room effect. If there's a next time we'll try something different.

Thanks again, guys. We're trying to get it out there, and get some eyeballs on it, just to see if there's actually an audience for a series like that. So far, traffic has been slow, but I'm hoping it picks it up soon.

Hey, I thought it was great. It was close to becoming something that could turn viral, if you ask me. So close, in fact, that I listed possible ways to improve it. (I wouldn't bother if I thought it was miles away.)

Pretty amazing that you did it all in one day, too.

A note on the acting: I didn't think Samantha was massively better, actually. She had more range, but that almost detracted from the "documentary" format. I'd consider using the trick they used on Larry Sanders: Get people to run through their stuff quickly, over-and-over, until they're not thinking about it. I'd say you kind of want to not act. If you know what I mean. Because the comedy comes from you being normal (just like it does in The Office UK or Spinal Tap or Larry Sanders).

Anyways, I over-analyse things like this all the time, and it's probably not helping, so you should just ignore me. All I'm trying to say is: I think you could all be excellent in it, you don't need to be actors.

Bottom line: Keep going! :tup:

Edited by ThunderPeel2001