gdf

Plug your shit

HAHA! Head crushed with a clawhammer.

Luckily I provided you with James' personalia as a test.

I have played it and IT'S FABULOUS!! :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup: Really addictive, funny little asides with the robots, some hilarious ball-block million miles an hour action and a prize when you complete it!

Nice work guys! I am about to conquer the medium and hard modes, bring it on!:clap::clap::clap:

I sent one in, cause why not?

[squid Division's last known post before he was brained with a ball-peen hammer. The murderer must have some kind of obsession with hammers or something.]

Wanted to share this with you guys, this is short film I worked on a while ago called "Avatar Days",it was filmed, vfx'ed and comped all 4 days.

http://vimeo.com/9157869

Originally created for the Darklight Film Festival's '4 Day Movie' project, Avatar Days is a portrait of four online gamers in Dublin whose daily lives contrast with their virtual identities.

Director: Gavin Kelly

I worked on the 3d elements; modelling, texturing, rigging, animation and motion capture data along with John O' Connell and Cormac Kelly.

Will.

edit: my channel

http://vimeo.com/willsharkey

As promised over in the 'Life' thread, here is a little mini-podcast-thing I have been working on recently. Kind of an evocative voxpop-collage mood piece around cosplay and the MCM Expo.

I interviewed 18 comics creators from the Expo (including Kieron Gillen, Ben Templesmith, John Allison) and tied it together with some suitably whimsical music.

Check it out here!

This is still all quite new to me, and I'm trying to do something a little different than a straight-up 'cast. So any comments would be appreciated.

Well I finally put a blog together about my 12 games before Christmas and have written two pieces about Half Life 2 so far.

http://twmacb.posterous.com/

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Drath, will add you on backloggery, it is always good to see some one else fighting the pile of games staring at them.

I helped to make this machine:

1qg44L910r8

Here's the weekend where we built it:

umMB2Ray_pU

I'd have rather had it without cheesy names painted on everything, but hey there were two dozen people there and some of them needed something to do.

Posted this in the flash games thread, but I made a game for the 48 hour reddit game jam competition. It requires HTML5 since it's canvas based, check it out. The theme was Opposites.

If you want to vote, or check out the other submissions (the guy that made Black & White did a good job) here's the reddit thread.

That's a pretty cool cool game, dude. Relaxing mood thanks to the music and visual design and a pretty rad concept. I did get stuck after a few minutes, and the display was too tall for my netbook's screen :grin:

Pulling some of my own shit out and smothering it on your monitors, I just wrote a pretty hardcore defence of Killer 7.

That's a pretty cool cool game, dude. Relaxing mood thanks to the music and visual design and a pretty rad concept. I did get stuck after a few minutes, and the display was too tall for my netbook's screen :grin:

Sorry about that, I would have put in scaling if I'd had a bit more time. Honestly, it's supported most of the way, I would just need to remove a few hard coded image dimensions on the sprites. You could try changing the dimensions of the board in the settings section, though I haven't done much testing on anything but 8x8. You would probably have to adjust the wall density slider as well.

Reviving this topic to plug my new feature on a site called Cerebral Pop - each week, I'll give my impressions on a different Netflix Instant View film. For those of you Americans out there with access, it might be a good way to get some recommendations that you might not have considered before.

Here's a link to my first article:

http://www.cerebralpop.com/2010/08/netflix-minute-step-brothers.html

Reviving this topic to plug my new feature on a site called Cerebral Pop - each week, I'll give my impressions on a different Netflix Instant View film. For those of you Americans out there with access, it might be a good way to get some recommendations that you might not have considered before.

Here's a link to my first article:

http://www.cerebralpop.com/2010/08/netflix-minute-step-brothers.html

Although I hated Stepbrothers I have to say that was a nicely written piece. Also, agreed, John C Reilly is awesome.

Ok, so we made a podcast.

It's our very first try, so we're very welcome to feedback (especially from you guys, since very thing that brought you here is that you are a fan of a quality podcast.)

Are we too structured/rushed? Or going on too many tangents? Do we cover everything we set out to? Do we need more editing? Less? What do you think of the background music? Any tips for avoiding the skype problem of "well.. uhm.. I... no, you go... no, YOU go..."? Is my accent extremely annoying?

So yeah, would really appreciate some constructive feedback, even if you hated it and never want to listen to us ever again.

We're doing it over skype, yes. Me and Jens are Norwegian, the boss is Irish, and the host and a couple of others are 'mericans. So the only way we could do it with people in the same room is just me and my friend (which we still might do at some point, but in a smaller scale). That's why I asked about tips to eliminate the "skypeness", because I know some people here (like Jon Cole) do podcasts themselves.

Ah whoops, guess I missed that. The reason I asked is that for about the 20 minutes I listened to, it wasn't very skype-y. So as a skype podcast it comes off pretty well. I found the background music pretty distracting though at the beginning, and it didn't add much for me.

Have you guys considered doing video chat with skype? Isn't that what like GWJ does, they aren't in the same room right? I would think that would help with the talking over each other. I haven't finished listening but can give some full impressions later.

Tips to eliminate Skypeness -

• Do a decent amont of pre-show : if you know who is most versed on a particular topic, it's easier to defer to them in conversation and avoid talking over each other.
  • Have each person record their own audio : by having the separate audio, you can edit out blatant screw-ups that wouldn't feel too inorganic (also you will likely get a better sounding podcast out of it)
  • Have an established order of doing things : use the same order to introduce yourselves at the beginning of the show and at the end of the show (like if you want to plug your Twitter feeds or something like that)
  • Set a regular length goal you want to reach : even if you set your sights at one hour and go for 70 minutes, you at least all know that you should probably be a little more brief around the 55 minute mark

As for the other stuff, the background music is kinda weird. I'm not really sure what to think of it yet; I guess I'm just curious if you'll be using different music every week and what kind of stuff you plan on using. Also, http://www.conversationsnetwork.org/levelator

If everybody records their own audio you can do a proper stereo picture where every talker is heard from a distinct location. This helps immensely for clarity and makes the podcast sound more natural.

A blog where I will hopefully post semi-intelligent things about every game I check-off my backlog. The two posts on there are kind of insane, but I wrote them to get myself motivated. We shall see.