Chris

PAX East Meet

Jake and I would like to do some kind of PAX East meet. Since it's already super last-minute, anyone from the Boston area have some quick suggestions on potential places we could meet up to have a drink that are relatively close to the convention center and likely not to be too overcrowded? During last year's PAX meet, we ran into difficulty when our original venue was completely full. We lucked out with another one but that was probably a fluke.

Also, since there's so little notice for this one, there will probably be fewer attendees than at last year's, so we shouldn't need a huge amount of space or anything.

Bummed about not being in attendance, but wanted to keep the thread bounced high and encourage East Coast Thumbs to hook up (In a platonic way).

If a bunch of people show up with musical instruments at least you'll know who to blame...

A Thumbs meet-up should be called a Thumbs Up, damnit!

I will not rest until this comes to be.

There are plenty of pubs around that area since it's so close to Berklee and Northeastern... SoulChicken might know something that's closer, I don't usually hang around that area. Another option are the sports bars near the Fenway Park, it's definitely within walking distance as well.

SoulChicken volunteered his roof a while back. I distinctly remember requesting cocktail service.

I'm going to ask around about this today and come up with a couple of suggestions. If the weather is good though we are going to my roof.

Cool. Sorry to keep harping on the roof, but it's pretty awesome that you have one.

:getmecoat

No not at all, it is awesome, its a shared roof for the building. It doesn't look like its going to be warm enough on Saturday evening but let's not give up hope.

I can probably have stragglers over for video games and drinks after the meet though. We can have a Pikmin 2 tournament or 10 of us hotseating Far Cry 2.

Given I've used the grill in the depths of winter, we would have something to eat too. Obviously not 40 thumbs but 10 or so of you can come over :)

In the meantime, please tell me I am alright looking for a place that is over 21's only... Wherever we go, you will get carded in this town.

I've got a good idea for a place near the convention center, I'll stop by this evening and scope it out. Also waiting to hear back from a couple of people, who I think will suggest a sports bar in Fenway, which might not be bad at all as its not a game night. I think my idea might be a winner though.

Finally, looks like I have a spare pass for Friday and Saturday...

I, sadly, will not be 21 until this coming May... blah.

I ate at a place on newbury today named Joes american grill or something like that, asked the lady how large a group they could handle, she said about 15 max :s

Food was pretty good though, price range was about 10-15$ish I think.

I ate at a place on newbury today named Joes american grill or something like that, asked the lady how large a group they could handle, she said about 15 max :s

Food was pretty good though, price range was about 10-15$ish I think.

Feel free to at least show up to the pre-meet at the convention center entrance at 7:15. We still haven't actually figured out where we're going after that. Hopefully we will have by then!

This is one of the main reasons why I don't too excited about these various conventions... sure, the actual convention is important, but the after-parties are often worth half the trip.

Fuck, I forgot my PAX pass at home... dammit

Might not make to the first keynote :frusty:

Fuck, I forgot my PAX pass at home... dammit

Might not make to the first keynote :frusty:

You and me both. Hooray for us!

Except I wasn't going to the keynote I don't think.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o50_ZlMnjqY&hl=en_US&fs=1&start=56"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o50_ZlMnjqY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I dug this up the other day and I was so happy.

You and me both. Hooray for us!

Except I wasn't going to the keynote I don't think.

I managed to sneak out of work and get my pass... where's home in your case? CA or the hotel room?

Conf-Greh-Nade!

Conf-Greh-Nade!

Conf-Greh-Nade!

/chant

Conf-Greh-Nade!

Conf-Greh-Nade!

Conf-Greh-Nade!

/chant

Nono, this will (hopefully) be an Expansion PAX