Sign in to follow this  
illeria

Starcraft anyone?

Many of us are eagerly awaiting Starcraft 2 to come out, and a lucky few have gotten into the beta. Unfortunately I haven't, and I'm sure a lot more thumbs are in the same boat as me. Im just curious if anyone else would be interested in some starcraft online matches? Its been years since I've played and I wanna sharpen my skills for when the Starcraft 2 is available.

Many of us are eagerly awaiting Starcraft 2 to come out, and a lucky few have gotten into the beta. Unfortunately I haven't, and I'm sure a lot more thumbs are in the same boat as me. Im just curious if anyone else would be interested in some starcraft online matches? Its been years since I've played and I wanna sharpen my skills for when the Starcraft 2 is available.

I believe Wokkels (a new member) is pretty good at Starcraft...you may have a challenger.

U wanna try to start gaming on iccup.com then to get ur skills on par again.

All my Clanmate's from Starcraft have gotten a SC2 Beta key except me some im really bumbed out but then again i gotten Battlefield for now so im happy.

I can do some games vs ya but if u really want to get skills back on what they used to be its best to just start massplaying on iccup

www.iccup.com/starcraft/

It's a Ladder loads of people play on it ( the majority of Starcraft players now ) and its good for loads of games. Unless you play 2v2's like i do then its waiting for hours to find a team to play against which isnt afraid of "you"

Nice, ill hafta check that out. Im not the best starcraft player by any stretch, but im alright.

Nice, ill hafta check that out. Im not the best starcraft player by any stretch, but im alright.

I've met alot of people who said they were "alright" and turned out to be a D+ rank on ICCup

The ranks there go from E ( lowest ) , D- D D+ , C- C C+ , B- B B+ , A- A A+ , Olympic ( highest )

Its rare that someone gets Olympic only koreans reached that.

A- to A+ are mainly the best known non korean players + all koreans * ( non koreans are A- sometimes A )

usual good Western players are around B rank.

With that being said i just hope u wont get hit in the face for not being a high ranked player alot of people get demotivated really fast when they thought they were good but infact werent.

I've played SC2 a little bit and u would need alot less skill to compete unlike in current starcraft. My reckon a C/ C+ player can get a long way in SC2 and be a serious competitor for the time being.

But let me know when u intend to play maybe i can do a couple of games against you :) or with you.

I've met alot of people who said they were "alright" and turned out to be a D+ rank on ICCup

The ranks there go from E ( lowest ) , D- D D+ , C- C C+ , B- B B+ , A- A A+ , Olympic ( highest )

Its rare that someone gets Olympic only koreans reached that.

A- to A+ are mainly the best known non korean players + all koreans * ( non koreans are A- sometimes A )

usual good Western players are around B rank.

With that being said i just hope u wont get hit in the face for not being a high ranked player alot of people get demotivated really fast when they thought they were good but infact werent.

I've played SC2 a little bit and u would need alot less skill to compete unlike in current starcraft. My reckon a C/ C+ player can get a long way in SC2 and be a serious competitor for the time being.

But let me know when u intend to play maybe i can do a couple of games against you :) or with you.

yea for sure, I'm definitely going to give this a shot, if anything just so I can see how well i can do.

I wouldn't mind playing with you guys. I'm a complete newbie to Starcraft and am no good. I've heard the best way to get good at Starcraft is to play with other good players of Starcraft. Anyone care to oblige?

Key factors in learning the game will be - Mass gaming and Having a set of trainers who'm are higher skilled. Those cant play against you but they can help you going over replays and giving advice on what you should have done. Now its very hard to listen to that and follow the advice but just doing it and failing will result in being able to pull something off really well in the end.

Or ofcourse you can do that yourself. but you have to know what to look for. Starting off with just playing a game and looking at ur enemy what he's doing and just copy that build for ur next 20-30 games. like u want to play Protoss but ur horrible in Protoss vs Zerg so you pick Zerg 1 game u play the tactic u lose against alot and then u find a Protoss who rapes that tactic and copy his build and "timings" and u improve ur own skill with that.

The site i gave earlier is for the lower ranked people all about that. Some dont know it and just cry about playing vs higher ranked people but some study their games and become really good eventually. Its just all down to time.

Anyone else on thumbs in the bronze ladder? I got into the beta last week, but I'm not super great at the game even though I understand the fundamentals.

I wouldn't mind playing with you guys. I'm a complete newbie to Starcraft and am no good. I've heard the best way to get good at Starcraft is to play with other good players of Starcraft. Anyone care to oblige?

id love to play a few games with u. like i said i'm not very good but i could tech u a few things. the best way to learn is to just play as many games as possible

Wokkels[boB] is my account on iccup. im almost always online there sitting in a channel :)

If u guys wanna game on europe or any other server lemme know here :) im down for some fun :)

I am a total noob as well but I think I want to get into this game. In the past I've only played some WC3 and completely missed StarCraft but with the SC2 hype and watching a few replays it seems fun.

Might be cool if we can get a group of thumbs together to start playing and learning.

I gotten into the SC2 beta a couple of days ago invite from a Friend who'm i've known from SC:BW

my account is Wokkels.wokkels in SC2 Beta just add me and lemme know from where u found the acc, else ill just think ur another Random 2v2 player who added me cuz i gave him a win. :)

I wont really be teaching anyone who doesnt know anything about Starcraft cause the gap is just way to big. but can be giving out pointers if someone would need them in the game so they can get abit of a head start.