Sign in to follow this  
Kolzig

Cing goes bankcrupt

The Japanese developer of such games as Another Code, Another Code R: A Journey into Lost Memories, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Last Window and Little King's Story (co-developed) has gone bankcrupt 1st of March 2010.

They had more than 200 million yen in debt. That's more than 2,2 million US dollars or 1,6 million euros.

Last Window was just finished and had a release in Japan, but I think there are no news yet what will happen to the possible western release of the game.

I am very sad that that this company has gone down as these people made some great games. The games had a lot of good going for them at least adventure gamewise even though all the games were very dialogue heavy.

I've been saying this ever since I played Trace Memory: Cing is easily the most innovative DS developer there is. Not even Nintendo can match them when it comes to using all the hardware's features in unique ways.

The stories in both Trace Memory and Hotel Dusk were pretty forgettable (Good characters, though), but the puzzles were very creative and some used the DS in surprising ways. As far as I'm concerned the reflecting puzzle in TM still stands as the most memorable moment I had in a DS game yet.

I wish Nintendo just went ahead and bought the studio, but I doubt their games sold enough to justify that kind of investment.