lobotomy42

Bit.Trip series

Yes! I think that is the looks most of the indie game scene is going for right now and this game just totally nails it. Complete awesomeness. Also bonus points for the Anamanaguchi tune at the end.

Wow! Looks like they pulled that game off nicely.

If you're really interested in that game, check out this podcast to listen to an interview with one of the devs. Its actually very entertaining.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2010/01/podcast_nlfm_episode_3_bittrip_down_memory_lane

The episode starts off with the song "Pleather for Breakfast" from the No More Heroes soundtrack, I actually keep it on my iPod just for that.

If you subscribe to the cast, the same feed gets you some nintendo release news but it also gets you this NLFM podcast, of which there are four so far. I think the 2nd one is 8bit christmas music and I forget what the first one was, but definitely also check out Episode 4 of that, its quite good.

The Bit.Trip games are excellent and, really, one of the few games that makes me get any use out of my Wii. They're stylish, they're challenging, and they're relatively cheap.

Runner looks to be a bit different from the previous games. It's eschewed the pretty abstraction of the first two for the metaphor of a running dude. It's something along the lines of

. I'm curious to feel how it plays.

I have only played the demo of the first one that was in the Wiiware channel, and these games really have something good going.

My Wii is temporarily out of use but when I get it back on I'm most likely going to start buying the Bit.Trip games and Megaman 10 of course.

Void only just came out this weekend in the UK, so I'll be putting some time into that this weekend.

I've been a big fan of the series since the release of Beat, but I'm absolutely terrible at Core.

Bit.Trip RUNNER is out today. I'm surprisingly bad at it.

But it's SO delicious. Every bit as good as I thought it'd be.

I was thinking of buying it on Friday, but I will first have to go through some other stuff in my backlog.

And I would also need to buy all the other bit.trip games.

The games aren't particularly related to each other - I only have Core and Runner, and I don't feel inclined to get the other two.

I've played quite a bit more Runner now. The last few levels at the end of each section get challenging (mostly due to length, I guess.) I've long since given up trying to grab the coins.

The quick-look on Giant Bomb cured me of any impulse to buy this game. The jump looks frustratingly low.

I know it's going to be one of those games with an early frustrating part you only get by 1/10 times, and are forced to run another 30 seconds of terror, thinking that you'll screw up on something easy.

yeah, those stair steps seem very frustrating. I'm gonna wait and see if there's a patch to make them easier for people who suck at games like me.

Those stair steps are not really hard at all. It took me maybe one or two tries to get through them. I think they were mentally misled by their own assertion early in the video that there is no jump variance. This is false - you definitely stay in the air quite a bit longer if you hold the jump button down, which they seem to be doing. Lightly tapping the jump button produces a shorter, quicker jump, which is what you need to do on the stairs.

Seriously, the game isn't *that* hard. The only really challenging levels are the very long ones right before the boss battles.