Chris

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 3: "Your Buddy, Space Marine" or "The Capper"

Secret DS-blowing blackmail attempt, it seems.

God I wonder who put that up. That was a few years ago, I would estimate 2006 (although possibly late 2005, since it's pre-DS Lite apparently). I'm pretty sure we were playing Mario Kart.

Can you confirm/deny that's you and video games?

Yeah, that's me sinking into the chair, and Jake facing away from the camera.

hasn't that picture been posted before on idlethumbs?

From his crossed legs and hand in lap, I dare say he's happy with the way the night turned out. :naughty:

Hey. Could you put the number of an episode at the begining of the episode name so I can actually know which one is which on my iPod? Thanks

Your description of flotilla and suggestion to play it was tops!

downloaded the demo and i played the shit out of it. Iv already bought the game its insanely addicting for some reason haha.

Hey. Could you put the number of an episode at the begining of the episode name so I can actually know which one is which on my iPod? Thanks

What? no! that would make things easier. That's not the idlethumbs way.

At the beginning??? Pff! We will put it 32 characters deep into the title thank you very much.

At the beginning??? Pff! We will put it 32 characters deep into the title thank you very much.

Jake is so sassy.

Everything you have written in this post is correct.

HOLY-

*Falls out of chair*

I'm... I'm sorry! I didn't mean to, I thought I was being funny, honest.

SWEET Mario Kart DS shot! You're in battle mode, right? blowing your balloons up while trying to steer at the same time is hilarious. I love the crazy positions and faces we get into when we're totally absorbed in a video game- Immersion personified!

I think Chris was trying to force the RTS metaphor a bit, but that's okay because I can tell that SC2 is constantly on his mind these days. Or at least his twitter. More SC2 chat, please!

Well, it already is there.

So with the whole Activision / Infinity Ward thing blowing up, I've been thinking about how I'd love it if there were games depicting some of the game business stories that are recapped on the show.

For instance, the current drama could be a Final Fight style brawler where, after receiving a pink slip, you and your buddy fight your way through hired goons up an office building to the executive suite so that you can quit before being fired.

Games about making games, man that would be sweet. I'm gonna listen to older shows to find more. I'm sure there could be a rythm game about the release of rythm games. Release 'em too soon and the market over saturates and collapses, release 'em too far apart and, well actually, I don't know, I never bought one, so I guess you would win by just ever releasing one. Ha, kidding.

So with the whole Activision / Infinity Ward thing blowing up, I've been thinking about how I'd love it if there were games depicting some of the game business stories that are recapped on the show.

2s1xhck.jpg

You can see from Kotick's face that they're already inside him.

haha that's terrible.

Also, anybody notice that somebody sent in one of the questions from this episode to the Gamers with Jobs podcast? I'm pretty sure it had elements from the Thumbs response in it as well.

SWEET Mario Kart DS shot! You're in battle mode, right? blowing your balloons up while trying to steer

Well, the guy on the sofa clearly lost, he had his balloons blown.