Chris

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 3: "Your Buddy, Space Marine" or "The Capper"

Hey, so, the awesome new theme song sounds like Roundabout by Yes. Coincidence?

Yep!

I'm still laughing at Jakes impression of the Chris "Boost Remo" robot sporadically. Brilliant cast this week/month.

I'm still laughing at Jakes impression of the Chris "Boost Remo" robot sporadically. Brilliant cast this week/month.

That was Jake? I thought it was Sam.

Microsoft Sam, that is.

That voice gave me the sudden urge to play Sam and Max Season1 again...

Jake said the "Boost Remo" part, then I said "Is that you?" We joined forces to create a robot (voice).

Is it just me, or was Steve REALLY workin' that Boost Remo nickname?

Almost sounded like he was compensating/striking back for his (what must be, from his perspective, sort of terrible) nickname a bit.

I get the impression that "Scoops" has really caught on and stuck outside the 'cast. I have (probably inaccurate) images of him sidling up to his desk at work and having his boss and another guy who comes in fairly early say, "Mornin' Scoops!" while he chuckles on the outside and seethes, "Yeah, cause that never gets old guys" internally...

I confess I forget what Steve's name is half the time. Even before the reboot he was Scoops to me. Jake will always be Jake "Video Games" Rodkin (gotta say the whole thing.

I think the community should get Chris a good nickname, Boost doesn't fit for me.

Is it just me, or was Steve REALLY workin' that Boost Remo nickname?

Almost sounded like he was compensating/striking back for his (what must be, from his perspective, sort of terrible) nickname a bit.

I get the impression that "Scoops" has really caught on and stuck outside the 'cast. I have (probably inaccurate) images of him sidling up to his desk at work and having his boss and another guy who comes in fairly early say, "Mornin' Scoops!" while he chuckles on the outside and seethes, "Yeah, cause that never gets old guys" internally...

Everything you have written in this post is correct.

I think the community should get Chris a good nickname, Boost doesn't fit for me.

Customization doesn't fit Remo

Jake said the "Boost Remo" part, then I said "Is that you?" We joined forces to create a robot (voice).

WHAT?

I've never before confused the identities of the cast members, but I was pretty sure that Scoops was doing the robot voice.

No, Jake is the Gentleman of Robot Voices. He should have his own show.

Which begs the question (!) did he do one of the voices for the old computers in S&M Episode something?

This has been pointed out before, but yeah you could say it's spread:

scoop.png

No, Jake is the Gentleman of Robot Voices. He should have his own show.

Which begs the question (!) did he do one of the voices for the old computers in S&M Episode something?

No that's Jared Emerson-Johnson. We've known each other since we were 13 years old or something, and both of us have done that stupid "MacinTalk Pro Bruce High Quality" voice since high school. Jared ended up doing it for real for Synth (or whatever he's called... Curt?) in Sam & Max.

No that's Jared Emerson-Johnson. We've known each other since we were 13 years old or something, and both of us have done that stupid "MacinTalk Pro Bruce High Quality" voice since high school. Jared ended up doing it for real for Synth (or whatever he's called... Curt?) in Sam & Max.

High quality? More like high comedy. You should do it more. Also, no matter how much you do it, it would be impossible to turn into a "meme", so that's a plus.

Lol, I was thinking the exact same thing during the podcast as well.

I like how in The Idle Thumbs podcast everyone has a nick name now, Chris is Boost, Jake is Video Games and Hot Scoops is Hot Scoops.

It's good fun, though I recall a cast in Idle Thumbs podcast where Steve was getting a little irky with Chris about being called Scoops, which made it a bit more funny.

It seems like he's at peace with it now though, so that's good.

This thread embodies Idle Thumbs to a tee. Was I noticing some anamosity between Jake and Steve this week? I heard Jake, after much "bullying" say "Scoops" and Steve suddenly got quieter.

Internal power struggle?

Fight for Curleys gold?

Who Knows!?

I like how in The Idle Thumbs podcast everyone has a nick name now, Chris is Boost, Jake is Video Games and Hot Scoops is Hot Scoops.

It's good fun, though I recall a cast in Idle Thumbs podcast where Steve was getting a little irky with Chris about being called Scoops, which made it a bit more funny.

It seems like he's at peace with it now though, so that's good.

He is one with the Scoops, you might say. Or two with the Two Scoops, as it were.

That Google search is fantastic.

I know, typing 'hot scoops' into google has now become my favorite thing to do with google since typing 'why is there'.

Ahhh, good times.

And Chris, I hope you didn't take any offense to my inquiry about the Yes thing, I enjoy the occasional nugget or reference in a song and always see it as homage. I thought maybe it meant you were a fan.

Maybe you were just answering me with the name of your Yes cover band, which is Yep!

I know, typing 'hot scoops' into google has now become my favorite thing to do with google since typing 'why is there'.

Ahhh, good times.

And Chris, I hope you didn't take any offense to my inquiry about the Yes thing, I enjoy the occasional nugget or reference in a song and always see it as homage. I thought maybe it meant you were a fan.

Maybe you were just answering me with the name of your Yes cover band, which is Yep!

Nope, all I was conveying is that it is indeed a coincidence, as I have never heard that song.

Wow, the reader mail was bizarre this time around. I want to see the David Cage E-mail! PLEEEEEEEEEASE

And what was up with the LucasArts musicians battle? Amazing!

And I'm all for a recorded mock Clear Channel radio bumper made by Mr. Remo.

Edited by syntheticgerbil

as usual another great episode, thanks for the cast guys

sometimes during the work day, i find that my mind wanders on to something particularly amusing from an episode of thumbs and i will start laughing, today was one of those days. two words, "battle pope"

Play Patapon while watching The Bone Collector instead of Heavy Rain.

I like this.