Chris

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 3: "Your Buddy, Space Marine" or "The Capper"

Just finished listening a bit ago. I am still quite happy that you guys are putting out new casts. I was running out of things to listen to, since I had already gone through the archive twice. This gives me more things to listen to while gaming. So, thank you.

Anyhow;

I am the one who sent in the e-mail about same sex things (or lack thereof) in Mass Effect.

I just wanted to follow up on saying that while there are not exactly lesbian relationships in 2, you still get options to express being a lesbian. A fling with Kelly, expressing interest (but getting shot down) in Samara, and doing things with Morinth (although the results are...bad.)

Did I hear right that Steve spoiled Heavy Rains ending? Or was it a joke?

It's not the ending, it's part of the premise. It's a known thing from early in the game.

The picture of Video Games Rodkin inset... HOLY SHIT indeed.

What a stand-up cast! I too was not expecting another cast so soon, but am extatic to be blasted so frequently! Be careful, guys- I'm not sure you understand the fervor of your little fan base here, (Some of us are on our second or THIRD listen of the entirety of the archives... The other day I had some crazy thought about doing transcripts of the whole lot and had to stop myself, how much TIME would that take? Why?!) so if you blast super often and then stop we'll all get withdrawals again or something.

Also,

<-- Horsebag totally IS the sleeper meme du jour!

That is...

Mostly inaccurate and sort of full of fail. There are only two ways to react to that, cooperatively swoop in and clean it the hell up, (good god that sounds like work) or shun it pretty hard.

Not sure the phenom needs a wiki, really. Thinking back to some random thread back when I was just a lurker that attempted to catalogue or organize the various memes... Sometimes quantifying a thing sucks the soul RIGHT out of it, boys and girls.

Edited by Xeneth

Quite some memes are already disappearing from the internet. I'm not planning to keep all the domains I erected around.

Quite some memes are already disappearing from the internet. I'm not planning to keep all the domains I erected around.

What about all the people who depend on those domains and the services they provide? Ah well, at least 8bac isn't going anywhere.

This is the sort of dressing and hairstyle that will look ugly after one year, let alone a decade. It reminds me of an unfunny entry in 'worst album covers'.

At least it's even gayer than this

worst_album_covers_4.jpg

So there's that.

So, people, how awesome is Flotilla? Who's playing it? because this is crazy awesome.

I'm a terrible strategist so when I went back to homeworld 2 it basically raped me a new hole, even if I lvoed the mechnics and the ambience so damn much.

However with Flotilla it combines a type of game I love with a really focus strategy simulator that I'm getting the gang of. The crazy universe itself is enough to keep me going for a really long time.

Now if he could figure out how to do a mp expansion.....

The idea of TF2 just being an Aparature Science experiment is actually so cool I started dreaming about it(+adding all other Valve franchises).

It's not the ending, it's part of the premise. It's a known thing from early in the game.

I know the boys are being drowned, but it seemed more like you were saying a bit more than that: that the player has to save a particular boy from a slow drowning.

I'm near the beginning of the game, so knowing that a) the boys are being drowned in a way from which they can be rescued, and B) that you actually can rescue one of them (instead of just being fucked around by the tricksy killer) saps some of the tension for me, which is a lot of what the game has to offer.

Ugh, maybe I'm just reading too much into it. Don't even tell me if I am or not. Maybe I just need to take a break from games media til I'm done...

It's a terrible game so you'll thank me when I tell you that the Origami Killer is

I actually had that spoiled for me by accident as I was quickly scrolling through /b/. At least, I think I had that spoiled. Anyway, this game is turning out to be stupider by the minute.

I haven't played the game yet so I'm still fairly ignorant about it. It seems like everything I've read about it has been praise.

But it's nice to actually see some negativity about it (not being sarcastic). It seems like if a game generates enough of a buzz (pre or post release), people jump on the bandwagon and praise the hell out of it just because it's in the spotlight - because it's easy to agree with other people.

It's nice to see some people who aren't afraid to say that they don't like it!

Play Patapon while watching The Bone Collector instead of Heavy Rain.

Edited by SoulChicken

Guys I fixed the wiki.

I'm not sure I got all the relevant information, though, feel free to edit if you have something to add.

Guys I fixed the wiki.

I'm not sure I got all the relevant information, though, feel free to edit if you have something to add.

This made my day. :clap: