Chris

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 3: "Your Buddy, Space Marine" or "The Capper"

Gay Shepard Presents:

"Your Buddy, Space Marine" or "The Capper"

Video game news explodes, as two unrelated sentient robots -- one good, one evil, both out of control -- battle to the death for headline dominance. Amidst the wash of corporate power-plays, decapitations, and ASCII art, we also talk about the Indie Fund, and play some games.

Games Discussed: Flotilla, StarCraft 2, BioShock 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II, Far Cry 2, Blitz II: The League, Gears of War, Mass Effect 3: Everything's Gay Dudes Everywhere - The Ballad of Gay Shepard (If You Want Him To Be Gay), The Capper

minipod_itunes.png

minipod_rss.png

Apple fans should bind use to the "i" key for an Apple theme in Rapture. There's a rumor (which I just started) that binding the use key to "i" also renames Andrew Ryan to Steve Jobs.

Pretty much every other report of Splinter Cell: Conviction has been about the action-ey stuff. Now that I know you can still effectively play entirely stealth, I am suddenly incredibly excited for it.

Flotilla sounds awesome, will have to check that out. semi-related: why isn't there a new Homeworld? is there some lame IP thing?

great 'cast

Hooray!

This is almost weekly (but don't tell 'games).

The increased frequency of this podcast has pleased me, with a depth that has certainly surprised me.

definitely. :grin: and did you "insert your finger in the inner world of your body"? :miyamoto:

Jesus, my PC died last week and I wanted to send you guys read mail, I totally didn't think there would be another one this quick.

Anyway, I just wanted to say appreciate bringing the cast back(I was literally listening to the old ones over and over) and the fact they are happening more then twice a year, but now we had one two weeks in a row, awesome!

Even if the frequency fluxuates it's really, really appreciated.

Thank you guys.

Edit: Did I ever mention the new theme start sounds like a spanish tristram? It's cool.

Edit2: Holy shit, I was just thinking the other day how I liked the robot podcast assistant and I'd like to see the return. So that's cool.

Edit3: Whats the name of the robot assitant thing, its some wii dsi thing right?I cant remember the episode it showed up in

Edited by Murdoc

Flotilla sounds totally awesome and way outside my ability to comprehend.

Homeworld was like that for me, too, but then Yes recorded some kind of promotional song about the game and then everything fell into place. Unless that place was along the Z-Axis (studios RIP). If only there was some kind of progressive rock song to make clear what was once obtuse in Flotilla...

Man, my brain had an orgasm when I heard Scoops' description of Flotilla. Gonna have to check that out.

I am considering remaking Chris's stupid loud noise thing with a loop of "HOORAHHHH FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUU". Tempting.

Holy Maloney, this may be the best cast ever. Everyone was great, but, really, Jake dominated this time. Just the right mix of cool anecdotes, news and zany hijinx. Also, thanks for mentioning the multiplayer board. Maybe we'll get a full eight player Forza 3 session.

Edit2: Holy shit, I was just thinking the other day how I liked the robot podcast assistant and I'd like to see the return. So that's cool.

Edit3: Whats the name of the robot assitant thing, its some wii dsi thing right?I cant remember the episode it showed up in

Nintendo Help is his name. His game consists of helping, which seems to involve playing FMVs of Nintendo's QA department.

An emission happened for me too in that measurements-taking mission. Only, the guy wasn't able to complete his work before it hit and I had waited too long to run for cover, so I took my last anabiotic pill. When I woke up, he was still there taking his measurements. It seems the game doesn't kill NPC's when they are out during an emission, at least not mission-related NPC's.

Did I hear right that Steve spoiled Heavy Rains ending? Or was it a joke?

It was probably dumb of me to send a picture to a podcast.

I didn't even realise they had the same shirt, but holy shit.

post-1002-13375603194078_thumb.jpg

I'm surprised that after that number two key bit nobody said an even grosser thing about squeezing a strategy chocolate onto Two Hot Scoops' chest.

While it doesn't connect to the Cage thing really, Jake also looks about 10 years younger than usual in that picture, which independently amuses me.

I joined this forum just to say that I haven't even listened to this episode yet, but "Mass Effect 3: Everything's Gay Dudes Everywhere - The Ballad of Gay Shepard (If You Want Him To Be Gay)" is probably the fucking funniest thing ever.

I like that the crew gets together when tons of news comes out. I'll have to keep reminding myself that this isn't going to be a weekly thing.