Sign in to follow this  
Korax

Portal ARG?

The surprise was they screwed up this weeks Wednesday deployment and halted everything for the sake of TF2 on Mac.

The surprise was they screwed up this weeks Wednesday deployment and halted everything for the sake of TF2 on Mac.
Was there a Wednesday thing at all? Did I just miss it?

Apparently it was going to be TF2. It's also possible CSS is in the mix as well, because independently the beta of CSS was pushed out for Mac as well.

VALVE ANNOUNCES MAKING GAMES IS HARD

June 9, 2010 -- Aperture Science, doing business as Aperture Laboratories LLC, in partnership with Valve today announced the successful completion of an ethics-review-panel-supervised release date restructuring process. Portal 2, the sequel to the ground-breaking title that earned over 30 Game of the Year awards despite missing its original ship date, is now targeted for a 2011 release.

Representatives from both companies acknowledged that public safety concerns factored into the decision. They went on to say that even though Portal 2 will arrive slightly later than planned, all life on earth won't instantaneously stop as every molecule in your body explodes at the speed of light, which is what would happen should a rip ever appear in the fabric of Valve Time.

"Also, the game will be even better," they added, missing an historic opportunity to create the first product delay press release to mention that a product is being delayed to make it worse.

To ask questions about how close we all came to dying, or to ask futile questions about the previously announced E3 ***PORTAL-2-THEMED-FOR-GOD'S SAKE*** surprise or, less futilely, to schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve's delegate to the EU's Valve Time Studies Group, Doug Lombardi.

NNNnnnNNNnnNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOoooooo!!!

nooooom.png

NNNnnnNNNnnNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOoooooo!!!

This is still at least a year earlier than when Episode Three will come out.

Don't know if anybody else noticed, but a number of indie games had a weird "Potato Fools Day" update on the 1st. Digging through the data has revealed more ARG-type stuff. Unknown whether or not it's related to Portal, but it is close to the release date.

Details: http://valvearg.info/wiki/Valve_ARG_Wiki

I just took a look through that wiki ARG site... dear God. Valve is really going all out for this one. They are even dragging the indie devs into this now. There's just so much... stuff.

Does anyone else find one of the magical factors of the Muppets this face? (Kermit.)

kermit-nonplussed-792835.jpg

Every time I see a character do that, I grin like a madman. It's the perfect "I am not amused" face.

(The shopkeep does it at :30, for reference.)

I just got the joke of the Count...

I always wondered why he's always counting things. But then it struck me ... Count von Count. Sure, in Dutch he's called "Graaf Tel", "Tel" is count in Dutch. But considering he's usually named "de Graaf" (i.e. the Count") it really didn't help ton convey the joke.