Sign in to follow this  
Korax

Portal ARG?

Yes, yes and YES. Bought and bought. The lighting in those screens looks gorgeous.

Hey Chris, could you ask someone of Valve when you interview them how much did the decision to put Portal in Half life universe change the original idea of a Half life story?

Amazing! That kid's room turret is the best! :tup:

Also this:

Excursion funnels are part of an investigation into how well test subjects can solve problems while traveling through a churning funnel of liquid asbestos. Results so far have been highly informative: They cannot.
Can't wait!

This is something really unique as a viral campaign for an upcoming release which this is really starting to look like.

Also the hardcore crazy gaming community never stops to amaze me. It's been less than a day since this update went live and groups of people have already figured out so much about all kinds of "secret" stuff Valve has put out. :tup:

With every ARG, I always wonder how many ARGs have actually failed. What happens when a game's fans aren't smart enough to decode the clues or no one cares.

If an ARG fails does the company responsible just pretend it didn't exist and just do a traditional press release? Or would they just try and drop obvious hints?

I stopped reading the article halfway when the spoilers began, but I can't wait! =) So good to hear this. A bit sad that it's not going to be Purple Box with Episode 3 in it, but hey, I won't mind.

I'm interested how they'll up the ante so much that the world and mechanics will endure for a full-length game without become repetitive. No doubt or criticism there whether they can pull it off or not: only curiosity.

I'm so happy to hear from single-player Valve again. While they're doing awesome multiplayer stuff, I've always enjoyed their single player games the most. Although I was at first disappointed that it wasn't Half-Life related, and also doubful of a full-length Portal game, I really have no doubt it's going to be completely amazing. What's more, all the technological advancements they've been making with the Source engine will make the coming single-player games even more awesome. I have little doubt there'll be some talk of Half-Life from Valve this year.

I was just playing Portal again when I came to an idea that maybe all those ''cave is a lie'' were written by Gordon or Alex before you came there.

Also this:

Excursion funnels are part of an investigation into how well test subjects can solve problems while traveling through a churning funnel of liquid asbestos. Results so far have been highly informative: They cannot.

Can't wait!

"Asbestos is harmless!" is a registered trademark of Aperture Science dba Aperture Laboratories © 1996 All Rights Reserved

Well, yeah, pretty much, it seems the Source engine has been ported. So the Orange Box is going to be Mac as well as the L4Ds, but Portal 2 is going to be VALVe's first multi-platform release that is simultaneous on Win/Mac. Just a tiny little side note to all of the awesomeness that we've seen so far in regards to this very exciting sequel.

Edited by Chuckpebble
cuz I can't properly form a thought into a typed sentence without having to rewrite it a few times...

The update has sorta kinda totally been the best pre-marketing I can remember.

Now if only BioShock had done the same. :yep:

They continued the ARG in their GDC slideshow, which ended before the final slide (which was supposed to reveal info about the G-Man and something else) with a BSoD, titled "GLaDOS" And it had yet another secret message, apparently.

I hate it when awesome stuff happens on conventions and I'm not able to see. Do you know if it'll be cast unto the web at a later point?

It was just a joke during Gabe Newell's acceptance speech for a prize...

Sure, but according to insane people the error message has translated to "S U S : P E N D ... U N T ( I ) L ... E E E.", E E E being, perhaps, E3?

"Oh Portal 2's great. It's the best game we've ever done."

-Gabe Newell

'nuff said. Can't wait for it.

So far every follow up has been better than the one before, so it's probably true for this one as well. :grin:

Dear Subject Name Here, Aperture Science is pleased to inform you that we have partnered with Valve to announce the gala CANCELLATION of the June 14 Portal 2 event at the Regal Theater. The event will be replaced by a surprise. And even though the cancellation of the event certainly counts as a surprise, we are pleased to further announce that the cancellation of the event is not THE surprise. However, per International treaties regarding the definition of the word "surprise", of which both Aperture Science and Valve are signatories, the time, date and content of the actual surprise will only become available as you experience the surprise.

If you'd like to ask fruitless questions about the E3 Portal 2 surprise or, more fruitfully, schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve's Special Envoy to Surprises, Doug Lombardi.

Thank you for **RECORD SCRATCH!!!**

PS: The surprising record scratch is also not the surprise.

:tup: Got to love them.