Sign in to follow this  
Patters

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 2: Scoops Horn

Screw it someone needed to post it:

This week the past returns, distilled to its core and a little prettier. And on a hex grid, most likely. Also discussed: Scoops horn. If video games made you fly, that would probably be really scary.

Games Discussed: Civilization V, StarCraft 2, Command & Conquer 4, STALKER: Call of Pripyat, Resident Evil 5: Lost In Nightmares, Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space, Team Fortress 2

Rad episode chaps, convinced me to bit the bullet and buy Pripyat, so obviously I started playing Shadow...

Face it thumbs, you wish you had slightly creepy dreams about The Idle Thumbs Podcast. :fart:

Excellent episode dudes, I possibly lol'd more throughout this episode (especially at the beginning) than any of your other one episodes. I am super soaked for the next one.

Awesome pod-shit! I feel the new group is beginning to solidify very well. I busted out laughing a couple times in my office, which always manages to get me unwanted attention from curious coworkers. People are always weirded out by that. For some reason if you're wearing headphones the assumption is that you're listening to music. And music can't be funny, RIGHT? SO WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING DUDE!?!

I feel ya Chris, I used to be Moonsmart too. Now I'm not even Earthsmart. And I'm a Geographer. I guess because I care more about video games than the Earth. lol, boy that sounds crappy!

Hey Jake,

Is there any way that I can watch some of your inter-developer TF2 matches on SourceTV. Maybe you could schedule some of them on the steam group. I would spectate you and say:

"I'm watching Video Games play video games!"

Jake works at Telltale, not looking glass. :tdown:

!!

I gotta stop drinking wine and trying to be funny... I always embarrass myself. Back in a few months maybe.

Quits forum!

BYE!

I think you missed the short period here Telltale was renamed to Looking Glass, and back again.

Also, unfortunately, nobody works at Looking Glass anymore. It's weird that the BioWare guy just went along with that, haha.

lol, right, ok so I wasn't COMPLETELY wrong... still. I'm not much of a drinker but you all just witnessed my "rock bottom"

I'll be back with something worthwhile and will lurk in the interim.

lol, right, ok so I wasn't COMPLETELY wrong... still. I'm not much of a drinker but you all just witnessed my "rock bottom"

I'll be back with something worthwhile and will lurk in the interim.

No, you were completely wrong.

BYE!

Oh wait, I replied to the wrong person. My claim of complete wrongness was in error!

They were a few outstanding posts. Regardless, the being punched at the station has inspired me to write in an e-mail. Goddamnit.

I welcome the 50% frequency of episodes. For 50% of long may it continue. By which I mean I'm glad it's not less frequent. Not the opposite.

Of course, I shouldn't derive a trend from two episodes. It could be months before the next The Idle Thumbs Podcast. What a fool I'd look then. I dare not entertain the thought.

Ha, I had the same reaction as Chris when playing Call of Pripyat. The guy pulled out his gun to kill himself and I mashed the 1 button a bunch of times real quick to get my knife out and stabbed him before he got a shot off.

The knife is hilariously powerful in this game. I've stopped trying to shoot dogs and boars and instead go knife commando on them. It's cheaper to buy (or find) bandages to stop bleeding than ammo for picking them off from afar.

Ha, I had the same reaction as Chris when playing Call of Pripyat. The guy pulled out his gun to kill himself and I mashed the 1 button a bunch of times real quick to get my knife out and stabbed him before he got a shot off.

The knife is hilariously powerful in this game. I've stopped trying to shoot dogs and boars and instead go knife commando on them. It's cheaper to buy (or find) bandages to stop bleeding than ammo for picking them off from afar.

Yeah, for sure. It's not worth wasting bullets on animals when you can just knife them. (Fuck animals.)

I can't believe that, during the TF2 studio team name mashup subject, the (possibly) best one didn't emerge: Biow-izzard

e: Just heard the dude's mail about getting in a bumfight over the horse bag. Maybe it's best you didn't pick this one up.

man all this talk about stalker reminds me I still need to finish SoC. I'm only a few hours into it, having barely gotten over my frustration with the game's quirks. Now that CoP is out I feel tempted to just jump into that, but I really want to finish SoC... ;(

I got maybe 10 minutes into Pripyat, encountered some bandits, and got fucked up in less than five seconds. I am... not used to this kind of game.

Hey The Idle Thumbs Podcast,

So incredibly great to have you guys back (even sans Nick, though he got many great shout-outs on this episode). You have filled a void in my week. The image of Sid Meir with a bathtub full of bloody steaks and "video game" is amazing. Photoshop mock up, I'm praying for your arrival.

Please keep it up until your endurance fails.

Grendyll

IMPORTANT STUDIO TF2 COMPETITION UPDATE:

BioBZ beat Telltale 6-2. Jake got 18 points! The BioBZ team is in fact way overpowered. This season is horribly unbalanced, actually.

PS: Jake, you should hang out at the SR TF2 server. We're cool there.

IMPORTANT STUDIO TF2 COMPETITION UPDATE:

BioBZ beat Telltale 6-2. Jake got 18 points! The BioBZ team is in fact way overpowered. This season is horribly unbalanced, actually.

PS: Jake, you should hang out at the SR TF2 server. We're cool there.

I will suck hideously but I will try to stop by sometimes. It's hard to be bothered connecting to any other server when we run our own TF2 server in the office, as everyone just jumps on that at lunch/after work and has essentially no ping, no worries about admin access, etc. That said, I should probably occasionally play on the SR server just to mix it up. There's only one guy in our office who regularly plays on SR and he was going to be a ringer for BioBlizz if he played at all. Traitor!

And yeah, to nobody's surprise Telltale got completely rolled by BioBlizz, but that's okay. We occasionally captured a point before being wholly destroyed. The novelty of inter-studio play, and of the Telltale office turning into a first person shooter team is entertaining enough that I don't care how we fare. Coming in not-last in the league would be cool, though, if that happens.

Well... what'd you expect from an adventure game company.

I expected exactly what happened, and it was fun. Dave Grossman isn't on the TTG inter-studio league team, but he regularly plays TF2 on the office server, which continues to strike me as awesome.