monkeyarmada

Mice for gamers.

I don't know if that FPSgun mouse is actually any good at all, but it looks more ergonomic than most mice, which force your hand into a position that's not good for your wrist.

I don't know if that FPSgun mouse is actually any good at all, but it looks more ergonomic than most mice, which force your hand into a position that's not good for your wrist.

It looks interesting except I think you'll be putting pressure on the narrow edge of your forearm (over a table edge) rather that flat side (I think that makes sense) so you may end up with different problems. It also forces you to move the whole hand and arm with a pistol grip rather than just finger tips, I wonder if that would just put more wear and tear on the elbow and shoulder, moving the wrist problems up the arm?

I imagine it to be more fatiguing.:gaming:

S.

Ergonomic mice!

ViH9sEhHecs

People move mice like that? I have always had the base of my palm resting on the mat.

I don't know if that helps you at all. But I doubt everybody gets these problems.

I bought my cheap logitech keyboard just a couple of years ago and it still has that annoying beeping thing with some buttons. When I press Left Shift+W+D for example. That's quite annoying in some games.

Logitech G5 owns, been using the same one for 2-3 years now. My roommate recently got a deathadder and it feels really good too.

I bought my cheap logitech keyboard just a couple of years ago and it still has that annoying beeping thing with some buttons. When I press Left Shift+W+D for example. That's quite annoying in some games.

Yeah, that's the exact same button combination I kept having trouble with. I could run diagonally right but not left. It was stupid. I think batches of keys share lines that can only take a certain number of inputs at a time. I haven't seen that in a while, though. I'd assumed it was a thing of the past.

It's called ghosting, and you need this.

I'm just kidding. Well, it's called ghosting (or masking), but you don't need that keyboard. Or maybe you do, since you're keyboard is so cheap.

Ergonomic mice!

My mom actually has a vertical mouse and says that it works. Always when I try to use the mouse, it just feels too weird.

At my workplace I use this Rollermouse free and it's perfect for non-gaming! Also I have a bit of a problem using normal mouses these days so when I use this 8 hours per day it really releases the pressure in my hands.

rollermouse_free_7.jpg

Finally, what split-screen PC gaming has been waiting for! You and a twelve-fingered friend can make full use of all of your digits, and still have four keys left over convenient forehead access!

It's called ghosting, and you need this.

Whoa. With that I can press 26 keys simulatenously? Even if I smash both my fists into the keyboard in anger, it will still not beep. Awesome.

Cool, I'll finally be able to play with my 5 arms and 1 extra appendage without it freaking out on me.

When I beat my keyboard with my fists, the damn thing better beep.

Yeah, actually I was thinking the same after posting that

Do laser mice still have problems with speed as mentioned in this article from 2007:

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1265679

I've noticed a general trend towards laser mice, but I've yet to see anyone test newer mice in this manner (which seems to be a pretty good quantitative way of benchmarking them). I tried a logitech g3 mouse but I didn't like the feel of it and ended up going back to my mx300 and eventually a g1 mouse (which is optical).

I will admit to being a bit picky about the feel of mice though and once I find something I like...I hate change (this is the reason I have a backup mx300 still in the box and I intend to get a backup g1 for similar reasons (what if I can't get the mouse I like anymore and mine breaks)).

I tried a razer mouse...can't remember what it was called but it was optical and I liked it...but the shape just wasn't right for me...I couldn't find a way to grip it that worked.

On keyboards I really like the mitsumi keyboard I have...its the best feeling membrane keyboard I've used...I wouldn't mind to get a mechanical keyboard (the ABS one looks good but I'm not sure how many keys you can depress at once...my mitsumi occasionally glitches when I'm trying to crouch, hold shift, and esdf around (I like using esdf because it keeps my hands on home keys so I can find my way around the keyboard easily without even thinking about it)). Mitsumi also made the NES, SNES, PSX, PS2, and Wii controllers among many others...all of which used membrane switches...which may be why I like the feel of their keyboard's membrane switches (I could go rambling on about mitsumi keyboards forever, but I won't other than to say I've had 2 of them (and an apple keyboard they manufactured) and they all still work flawlessly on the machines they're on).

Edit: Ok the razor mouse I tried was the Diamondback. Also, crap I really got rambling up there.

Do laser mice still have problems with speed as mentioned in this article from 2007:

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1265679

I've noticed a general trend towards laser mice, but I've yet to see anyone test newer mice in this manner (which seems to be a pretty good quantitative way of benchmarking them). I tried a logitech g3 mouse but I didn't like the feel of it and ended up going back to my mx300 and eventually a g1 mouse (which is optical).

Edit: Ok the razor mouse I tried was the Diamondback. Also, crap I really got rambling up there.

I'm not really aware if there are still "problems", but this kind of benchmarking falls pretty cleanly into the "HXC FATAL1TY GAMERZ PWN JOO ASSES" territory as far as I'm concerned. I've never really felt any noticeable lag or lack of responsiveness in laser mice, personally, or I never cared to acknowledge them. However, I do tend to respect opinions like not liking the "feel" of something, I just can't help but think that benchmarking like this is a quick and easy scapegoat for confirmation of a particular group's opinion.

On a slightly less... confrontational note, I got a chance to play with one of Microsoft's new BlueTrack mice and I think I'm into it. I've been considering upgrading my laptop mouse (while the one I have is nice, it's only 3-button), so I might give the Wireless Mobile Mouse 5000 a shot.

I'm not really aware if there are still "problems", but this kind of benchmarking falls pretty cleanly into the "HXC FATAL1TY GAMERZ PWN JOO ASSES" territory as far as I'm concerned. I've never really felt any noticeable lag or lack of responsiveness in laser mice, personally, or I never cared to acknowledge them. However, I do tend to respect opinions like not liking the "feel" of something, I just can't help but think that benchmarking like this is a quick and easy scapegoat for confirmation of a particular group's opinion.

I think its a valid benchmarking method...I agree with respecting opinions on something like "feel", but those are subjective and while they're fine for forming opinions...I like the idea of having more objective benchmarks as well to give an idea of how a potentially expensive mouse might perform if they can't try it out. I DO agree that such a benchmark shouldn't be a quick and easy way to dismiss a product or system within a product (like laser mice).

I did manage to make my g3 (which I still have lying around somewhere) skip in something...and I became paranoid about it (in addition to not liking the feel of it)...I was constantly worried that turning too fast would have me staring at the floor again (and occasionally that happened to me). I seem to remember it was when I made little twitchy movements...and thrashing around like I often do to see if someone is going to shoot me in the back or if a zombie is sneaking up on me...after that I became really hesitant to drop a lot of money on another laser mouse for fear that it would have the same problems (though I'm starting to wonder if the mouse I bought was defective). I guess my enthusiasm for benchmarks like the one I linked to was that it would give me one objective indication of how the mouse might work for me that I could work off of...where most mouse reviews leave me wondering if the guy reviewing it has the same preferences that I do (and I admit that I'm nutty about this stuff and picky as hell...I don't like using greater than 800dpi with a mouse because its what I'm used to...and I still prefer CRTs for my PC because the colors are far better than LCDs, I'm not locked into a native resolution, and I have more than enough space for one on my desk (I have a 22" SGI branded Sony FD Trinitron currently that I got from some place for around 300 bucks or so...and it weighs almost as much as I do, so it builds muscle to move it)).

Anyway, before I start rambling incoherently again (too late), I'll just say that I didn't mean to link to anything that was all "1337 Pr0 G@m3r" or anything...I just thought it was a nifty way to benchmark things that made sense to my OCD computer programming math loving mind (and deep down, I want a turn table like that...I like having gadgets I'll never use).

(I like using esdf because it keeps my hands on home keys so I can find my way around the keyboard easily without even thinking about it)

Wow... I wish I had thought of that years ago, before I became set in my WASD ways. Makes a hell of a lot of sense, but I think at this point the change in distance would throw off my ctrl and shift pinky-ing something fierce, not to mention the automatic 1,2,3,4,5 reach location muscle memory I've got from playing MMOs and the higher degree of "fold under" to reach the alt key with my thumb.

Games that encourage a lot of hotkeys train such odd contortions to feel surprisingly routine, hah!

Also, did we ever joke around about the connection between the new Cyborg mouse being called the R.A.T. and Nick Breedon's Twitter being rat-related?

...'cause if we didn't we should... totally make a really lame joke about it. Yeah.