Scratch

Battlethumbs: Idle Company

Hey Brian, don't cry about nobody being your friend, I have been trying to befriend friends on BC2 for ages, the friends list is properly borked. It is no reflection on you :tup:

I did get your friend request..ok'd it and then...NOTHING. Hopefully they will patch it asap because it's making organising games really difficult. So hang in there buddy, we never leave a man behind :grin::tup::grin:

If you add me and the rest of us on Steam, we can usually coordinate via that and skype to make sure we get in the same server. I think i am Armchair(space)General on Skype, but I may be ac3144; I forget.

Try that and we can work around it until the friends list is functional again.

EDIT: Sorry, just read you posted your skype id, I have friended you on that now.

excellentttt

I just finished a two and a half hour hour game, and the friends list status thing is rubbish - cause i couldnt tell if anyone was also ingame that I could hook up with...

Meh...

Oh, and also - Am I the only one who thinks that anyone who calls someone a 'Noob' ingame is invariably always a tosser? I mean, who the hell says 'Noob' anymore? The the vocabulary equivalent of a shell suit with parachute pants...

I just finished a two and a half hour hour game, and the friends list status thing is rubbish - cause i couldnt tell if anyone was also ingame that I could hook up with...

Meh...

Oh, and also - Am I the only one who thinks that anyone who calls someone a 'Noob' ingame is invariably always a tosser? I mean, who the hell says 'Noob' anymore? The the vocabulary equivalent of a shell suit with parachute pants...

I'm no noob! I'm ELITE :D

so all u noobies are still playing this game? :P was pretty much a waste of money for me - 2weeks intensive gaming then calling it quits again :P

I still haven't finished the single player. funny enough, while i was waiting for some downloads to finish last night I jumped in to continue my game.

not sure which mission it is but you need to go to 3 spots in the desert. well I went to two of them and essentially at each place one of my guys hung out - the last place i was trying to goto seemed to be inside of a castle which the doors where shut and I couldnt get in :( i think it bugged on me so i drove around doing some STUNTS!

good times.

That's odd. All 3 places were accessible to me from the get go. First time, I did the castle in the middle first. You had to take some sort of side entrance to get in; maybe you missed it?

That mission was a load of ass if you didn't do it in the right order. They leave it open, but there is an order from Alpha to Beta to Charlie that makes it a lot easier. If it gets tough and you keep dying, you can just run to the point marked on your map, which triggers the next cutscene even if you haven't killed all the enemies. That last bit, on the quad, I ignored every enemy and just drove straight into the trigger for the next cutscene. :grin:

I'm glad that that was possible. I wouldn't have continued playing the singleplayer otherwise. So frustrating sometimes, and the crappy checkpoints don't help.

On a more positive note, I did love some of the music cues that set in after long moments of silence. More like ambient tunes that set in every once in a while. They reminded me of the Outcast OST in a way. Maybe because of the timbre.

Man, this game sure seems more fun when you can actually run it. I cranked everything up to max and it's smooth. Tried it for one life, blew up two stations. Of course the gameplay problems that were nagging me can't have gone away, but dealing with them should be easier. You guys still playing this?

Looking forward to a great game of BC2 tonight, peeps!

Who's on board????

:tup:

I will definitely be there!

wasn't sure where to put this but i guess here is as good as any really got back into bc2 so much so in the last 2 weeks i finished the climb to 50. so now that I'm done my grind (not including all plats but whatever X_X) I'm finding my self just kinda having more "fun" with the game. I guess I mean not just playing to win or to grind out the next rank. So I found out that smoke grenades when shot up into the air will time out and just go off in the air. Creating your own clouds in this game is possible, so the first thing i did after learning about this was: bfbc2game20100621002920.jpg

300 foot willy as seen from anywhere on the map :D

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM.

Well......shall we? (I have)

As have I.

I have to wait a few days. I've been playing quite a lot of Bad Company 2 actually. I still don't always quite enjoy it :X But I've found Conquest actually suits me better.

I hear tales that the flamethrower is not throw-ey? Confirm/deny?

Ummm, it's pretty good when faced with a closely grouped bunch of enemies. It doesn't throw very far, so yeah I guess it's not that 'throwey'.

Great fun though and they have sharpened up the accuracy of all the guns, much easier to hit someone now.

On another point, annoyingly and somewhat ridiculously, you can have a heli full of engineers who can shoot and then switch weapons to repair the heli while in flight. An indestructible heli is a major fucking annoyance.

It's worth the £10 for sure, get it and join in the shootin' pardner.

Having not played BC2 online ever, but as this seems to be the thread for it, I'll ask this here: Single player quality? I really enjoyed the BC2 campaign, and wouldn't mind more of it.