Scratch

Battlethumbs: Idle Company

I posted the PAX East coupon on Slickdeals.net and that almost broke EA Store... 20 bucks for BF:BC2 is by far the sweetest deal of the year.

There was another $10 off until Sunday evening... making it $20 total for the digital version.

There was another $10 off until Sunday evening... making it $20 total for the digital version.

Yup. I posted about this in the general deals thread on Saturday. =/

Also, I forgot how janky PC games were temporarily, seemingly totally mystified when I couldn't join a multiplayer game. I forwarded some ports to no success... then I dug through the game files and found an updater, so I manually updated the game. I suppose that's the detriment of using retail/EA Store versions rather than Steam, laaaaame.

Even the retail or non-steam version have the auto-updater built in. So when you launch the game, the update application runs first and then depending on whether an update is available it proceeds to launching the game.

Disclaimer: I am completely basing this on my experience of running the non-steam beta.

A quick request, can someone edit one of their posts at the beginning of the thread with a list of people's names for people to add to their in-game friends list. Also, what clantag did people decide on?

Clantag is Thumbs. I'll see if I can dig up the names of people I have on my list and edit the first post later.

Oh shiiii- This is the thread I was looking for. I'm RoflsaurusWrecks on steam. I'm in the group but have no friends :getmecoat

So is there a particular server everyone is on? Also, is it on Sundays at 3pm (just want to make sure)?

It is on alternate Sundays at 3PM EST. We are scheduled to play this Sunday if everything works out as planned. I have friended you on steam, but that's not enough. Is your BC2 game ID the same as well? You need to have one of us in your friends list there, to be able to join a game.

Also post your skype ID if you have one, since we use skype for communication instead of the ingame voice/chat.

I have BC2 but between playing on my clan's servers (~200th in the world, were sitting on ~20th for a while) and my Australian time zone.. this isn't going to work out. :getmecoat

It is on alternate Sundays at 3PM EST. We are scheduled to play this Sunday if everything works out as planned. I have friended you on steam, but that's not enough. Is your BC2 game ID the same as well? You need to have one of us in your friends list there, to be able to join a game.

Also post your skype ID if you have one, since we use skype for communication instead of the ingame voice/chat.

My BC2 ID is Frank Jaeger, I'll have to get skype tonight, probably under RoflsaurusWrecks

I had a good time this Sunday, the game is SO much more enjoyable when you're in a squad that knows what they're doing. I was impressed how my ping was good in UK servers, I was averaging 70. Looking forward to the next one!

I had a good time this Sunday, the game is SO much more enjoyable when you're in a squad that knows what they're doing.

Even when they drive the tank into a wall?:mock:

That was hilarious, I was on the gunner seat asking myself what were you drinking to drive like that...

My BC2 ID is Frank Jaeger, I'll have to get skype tonight, probably under RoflsaurusWrecks
I had a good time this Sunday, the game is SO much more enjoyable when you're in a squad that knows what they're doing. I was impressed how my ping was good in UK servers, I was averaging 70. Looking forward to the next one!

YEAH! Good games guys! I'm loving this game right now. I reckon we have enough to take over a whole server if we were all online at once :eek:

I think we should have a bash at squad deathmatch if we can find a server; let some hilarious Thumb on Thumb action take place :grin:

Good games. Good games.

Oh man! I was playing Rush Laguna Presa as Offense on the Rock Paper Shotgun US server. We were losing really badly so I was just screwing around, and I found a jet ski. We were at the area where you need to cross the bridge or follow a stream and then go up a hill, so I just barreled down the stream at full speed. I zipped past some teammates who were in a firefight with some Defense. I charged straight into the defense who were holed up in the stream, and collided with a rock at full speed. It was an incredible jump that carried me straight over a group of enemy snipers and then planted me on land. I was typing out "OMG THAT WAS A SICK JUMP" when a Carl Gustav hit me straight in the back. Someone on the other team was like "Yeah you got really high :)". It was the best, it reminded me of insane jeep drivers in Battlefield 1942.

Anyways I just got this game and I really want to play with you Thumbs guys!

I picked this up for 360 last week and have been playing it most nights since, when you're actually in a decent squad and working together, even in the most basic ways such as tossing out ammo packs and medkits or spawning on one another it really is great fun. Are there any Thumbs playing the 360 version at all?