Scratch

Battlethumbs: Idle Company

anyone's friends list just get wiped for the 10th time? X_X

Mine did yesterday, although it was back online within a few hours. Ive had troubles adding people to my friends list as well as getting invites from people. Seems to be ok now but it was very glitchy the first week of launch.

What kind of systems do you guys have? I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+, 4 gigs of slow (DDR400) ram and a Geforge 8600 GT. Would this game even run for me? I can't quite figure it out for certain from the requirements.

What kind of systems do you guys have? I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+, 4 gigs of slow (DDR400) ram and a Geforge 8600 GT. Would this game even run for me? I can't quite figure it out for certain from the requirements.

If I had to guess, I would go for no. You are running on the line of minimum requirements.

Mine runs quite well... It's an Intel i7 overclocked and running at anything up to 4Ghz (it throttles itself see) 6Gb of DDR3 Ram (overclocked), an overclocked Nvidea GTX 260.

At work I run it on a Core 2 Duo with 2 Gb of DDR2 ram and a 8600GT, so your rig should have balls enough to run it...

It's my shit web connection that spoils it for me...

Hmm, okay, what kind of Core 2 Duo do you have at work and how well does it run?

or 360 ;(

Now that wouldn't help at all!

boring question, and I apologise in advance for not reading entire scrollback:

anybody playing this on 360?

Hmm, okay, what kind of Core 2 Duo do you have at work and how well does it run?

I don't know if you have given this a try yet, but have you tested out your specs on the system requirements website?

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srl

I know they aren't completely accurate but you get a pretty good idea of whether it would play at all.

boring question, and I apologise in advance for not reading entire scrollback:

anybody playing this on 360?

Most of us are on the PC and only a select few have expressed their opinion on playing it on either PS3 or 360.

Now that wouldn't help at all!

I have a core 2 duo 2ghz, the supposed minimum, and I run everything on medium without a hiccup. I have an 8800gt and 4gb of ram.

I have a core 2 duo 2ghz, the supposed minimum, and I run everything on medium without a hiccup. I have an 8800gt and 4gb of ram.

From my knowledge there more who just run it on minimum and no problems. except for the problems who people who super PC's have aswell.

Can you run it? just compares your computer to the minimum specs, which I can do by myself anyway. Though I did try it just in case and they say I pass. What happened to demos? :/ But a game like this is not really playable unless there's a way to actually make it smooth. I might just get it and hope real hard.

Anyone else playing on PS3? Shoot me a friends invite if so. I'm level 19 now, game is a blast. I haven't even maxed out any of the classes because I switch between them so often.

lol rly? :P im maxed on 2 - and only 1 more weapon to go on assault and ill be maxed on 3 and level 19 aswell xD ( PC tho )

lol rly? :P im maxed on 2 - and only 1 more weapon to go on assault and ill be maxed on 3 and level 19 aswell xD ( PC tho )

--

brkl:

A friend of mine Pocket - is running this game on daily basis on this system:

# Operating system:Windows 2.5.1.2600 (SP 3)

# CPU type:AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000

# CPU Speed (GHz):2.62

# System memory (GB):1.999

# Graphics card model:NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

I havent heared any complaints from him yet about it.

Whoah whoah whoah. You mean to tell me that a developer game minimum requirement specs that are actually able to run the game well? What the hell has happened to the world?

its just a version of XP.

but hey it works for him :\ normaly he's pissed like mad as soon as he see's 1 minor bug and would throw away a game just like that.

he aint so its working for him. be worried about it or not thats up to you im just giving you a fact :)

I have it. It's playable.

Rad, DICE have done a really good job on this game then.

It's not nearly as fun as on the PS3 though. I'm sure playing with Thumbs will be great, but multiplayer by myself is just bullshit.

Yeah. Sad puppy. You all ought to move to the PS3 :getmecoat
or 360 ;(

I have both systems. Occasionally I'm down for casual FPS play. I played a lot of Halo 3 at one point and a pretty good amount of Call of Duty: World at War. I was more partial to COD because it was slick, quick and simple. However, when I tried the multiplayer demo of Bad Company 2, I felt like a couldn't figure out what the hell was going on (to be fair I only played it once for a few minutes, but it was clunky and overwhelming to me). If either of you guys care to advance an argument as to why I might want to consider buying this game for PS3 or 360 I'd be open to considering it (note: I would probably lean toward 360 b/c of multiplayer).

Well, you probably shouldn't since all Thumbs are playing it on a PC. Otherwise the games are pretty similar on the consoles and PC, except on PC you're playing with and against people with $300 Razer mice and 2000xsomething resolution screens all sniping at you from across the map with ecstacy fueled precision.