Sign in to follow this  
Sombre

Dawn of War 2

Sort of?

Four players, everyone gets a separate hero (from one of the five races) you simply defend until you die, with. . .20 waves? 25? Something, with each escalating in difficulty.

3 players a champion of each of the races is available, there are 20 waves. You unlock new stuff with each level your champion gains.

3 players a champion of each of the races is available, there are 20 waves. You unlock new stuff with each level your champion gains.

Ah, well, it's been a while. I was sort of right.

Annnnyway.

We've definitely got enough for a couple LS teams.

We also have enough for a 3v3 or so, but I'm not sure all of you are interested so. . .more!

I'd be up for a few games of Last Stand and possibly some multiplayer as well.

James and I have discussed starting up again when the expansion comes out. Watch this space!

Four players, everyone gets a separate hero (from one of the five races) you simply defend until you die, with. . .20 waves? 25? Something, with each escalating in difficulty.

Isn't it actually three players? I'm sure I remember doing it and being weirded out by the fact that it was three players because almost nothing is three player co-op.

Edit: I just noticed I'm several posts too late to this objection because I totally didn't notice that the thread had gained another page.

Edited by Gwardinen

So we've got;

Wubbles -LS, MP(?)

Gwardian - LS, MP(?)

Gruff - LS, MP

Sleepdance - LS

Snooglebum - LS

JamesM - ?

Miffy - ?

Patters - LS, MP(?)

So we've got at least 2, maybe three groups worth of Last Stand, and at least one 2v2 of competetive (I think?)

Prospective times? Saturday/Sunday is probably best for people, but let me know exactly and we'll try and set some stuff up.

I bought it a while back but never got around to playing it. If there's a league for people who know nothing, I'm in!

I'm up for either mode. I'm theoretically free weekday evenings (GMT, not Fridays) and weekends, but whether I turn up depends on whether I get caught up watching a film or something with my flatmate.

Toblix, I'm sure you'll learn the ropes fast enough. Each of the multiplayer modes are quite different from both the single player and each other, so they're all a bit of a learning experience, but I don't remember the mechanics of any of them being particularly taxing. Which isn't to say I was any good at them.

I might be able to rope in semi-Thumb Dan/Danny Boy/whatever (who used to play Last Stand with Sombre and me), but he's a bit busy having slightly more of a life these days.

Am I mutilating my metaphors? I posted that on my way to work, well before my brain has even reached its meagre peak level of functionality.

Am I mutilating my metaphors? I posted that on my way to work, well before my brain has even reached its meagre peak level of functionality.

Nope, "learning the ropes" is correct.

Alright, sounds, well, if not good, then informative, James. :mock:

Anyone else? :shifty:

I'm up for either mode. I'm theoretically free weekday evenings (GMT, not Fridays) and weekends, but whether I turn up depends on whether I get caught up watching a film or something with my flatmate.

Toblix, I'm sure you'll learn the ropes fast enough. Each of the multiplayer modes are quite different from both the single player and each other, so they're all a bit of a learning experience, but I don't remember the mechanics of any of them being particularly taxing. Which isn't to say I was any good at them.

I might be able to rope in semi-Thumb Dan/Danny Boy/whatever (who used to play Last Stand with Sombre and me), but he's a bit busy having slightly more of a life these days.

Wasn't it you, Remo and Sombre Vs Jeff, Illeria and I?

Will totally play multiplayer and would also like to co-op through the singleplayer, as long as it's not with Patters; he sometimes kills my units, not even accidentally. "They were in the way" THANKS PATTERS!

Will totally play multiplayer and would also like to co-op through the singleplayer, as long as it's not with Patters; he sometimes kills my units, not even accidentally. "They were in the way" THANKS PATTERS!

Well. They were.

Wasn't it you, Remo and Sombre Vs Jeff, Illeria and I?

I don't think I ever actually played with Boost in the end. Switch Remo for Dan and that sounds about right, though.

I don't think I ever actually played with Boost in the end. Switch Remo for Dan and that sounds about right, though.

It was me you and Dan, and me, boost and illeria iirc

It was me you and Dan, and me, boost and illeria iirc

Illeria was definitely with me.

I think it was haganehylian with me, if that name rings a bell

That's Pirate.

Looks like I'll have to be counted out of all future DoW 2 games, because for some reason, the game immediately crashes on startup for me for no reason whatsoever.

I'm not bitter at all. :hah:

I think it was haganehylian with me, if that name rings a bell

Yea, it was me, Chris and that guy that talked a lot. :hmph:

Alternatively: How dare you forget about me!? ;(

So, uh, how 'bout that DoW II? Assuming the least, I'm probably available Friday-Sunday most weeks. I rock the Eastern US timezone.