Sign in to follow this  
Sombre

Dawn of War 2

Gunnerkrigg Court aside, when's the next scheduled... thing? How can I join?

So many people now, I'll set up some 3v3 time sometime this coming week.

Totally up for learning the multiplayer, but am a bigger fan of the Last Stand mode as noted ;)

I could guide someone through that, although I've got this wierd thing - in all multiplayer modes I can't get text chat working (voice I don't care about). This only happened I think after Chaos Rising...

...any ideas? Is it broken for anyone else? (apart from the HTTP and HTTPS ports I've port forwarded everything for GFWL and Steam...).

Very, very odd...

Can someone tell me how high my ping can be in a typical RTS before it's unplayable?

Probably up to a second wouldn't make too much difference except maybe in pro Starcraft 2 games.

Totally up for learning the multiplayer, but am a bigger fan of the Last Stand mode as noted ;)

I could guide someone through that, although I've got this wierd thing - in all multiplayer modes I can't get text chat working (voice I don't care about). This only happened I think after Chaos Rising...

...any ideas? Is it broken for anyone else? (apart from the HTTP and HTTPS ports I've port forwarded everything for GFWL and Steam...).

Very, very odd...

I totally agree, Last Stand is badass.

The text chat in that game is kinda buggy. I haven't had that particular problem before, but sometimes it won't let me backspace. Odd.

I'm a huge fan of last stand so definitely up for that, and I am also prepared to dip my toe in the tyranid infested waters of multiplayer, though I have never tried it before.

Picked up the gold edition today, have been playing a bit of everything so far. The game is fantastic.

I played many many hours, last stand is an awesome/favorite mode! Although I just had a great co-op session. :tup:

Steam: AcridMeat

Live: AcridMeat

Looking forward to playing more and more and more. :clap:

Wait, my attempt to install Win7 on the iMac was foiled, and I gave up entirely. So right now I'm just waiting for iSteam to be released and the Starcraft 2 mac client to emerge.

So you get to keep it...for now

Is anyone still playing DoW2? I still haven't had a chance to play Last Stand for myself so I'm definitely interested.

Is anyone still playing DoW2? I still haven't had a chance to play Last Stand for myself so I'm definitely interested.

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

Resurrection-ay! (Youa no smoko!)

So I'm thinking of setting up some DoW2, and I was thinking of alternating Last Stand and competitive every other week/time we play.

So just gauging interest for now. If you'd be so kind as to tell me whether you want to do both or just one of them, that would be excellent. We can start looking into available times after we have anywhere from 4-8 people. (LS/Comp respectively.)

So, who's up?

I'll play, but I'm probably pretty awful.

My guess is that none of us have extensive competitive multiplayer knowledge. I could be entirely wrong about this.

I may be interested in trying it out, but I can't necessarily commit to sticking with it. I've played only a little of both modes, and found Last Stand entertaining because the co-op in that game is entertaining in general.

I don't know how much I'd get into competitive, as the only competitive multiplayer RTS I've spent any amount of time with for years has been StarCraft II.

I'd be more then up for Last Stand, but I can't say I'm a big fan of of the competitive multiplayer aspects of that game. I think the consensus is that last stand wins.

I'm up for it next Sunday, dunno about anybody else.

I'll express an interest, but I'm not very reliable with being available for multiplayer at specific times these days.

How does Last Stand work tactically? Is it just a cooperative version of the defensive missions in the original campaign?

How does Last Stand work tactically? Is it just a cooperative version of the defensive missions in the original campaign?

Sort of?

Four players, everyone gets a separate hero (from one of the five races) you simply defend until you die, with. . .20 waves? 25? Something, with each escalating in difficulty.

Like James, I will express an interest. I really liked the single player of DoW 2 and would be interested in playing more. Unfortunately, I work evenings and weekends, and still don't have an internet connection at the apartment I moved into last month, so I'm even less reliable than him for actually playing a game.