Sign in to follow this  
Sombre

Dawn of War 2

Count me in as a noob as well. I haven't played the game since I finished my first playthrough.

Okay, let me just redefine the noob scale then. I guess I should play some hours of single player before I even attempt multiplayer.

Okay. I've turned down every possible grafic thing and I still get about 8 frames per second in multiplayer. The other theory is that brilliant matchmaking always connects me to someone from, let's say Brazil.

Any ideas?

Edit:And it happens only with this game

Okay. I've turned down every possible grafic thing and I still get about 8 frames per second in multiplayer. The other theory is that brilliant matchmaking always connects me to someone from, let's say Brazil.

Any ideas?

I hate to be "that guy", but have you done the usual rigermerole of checking drivers and such? How do you cope with other modern games?

Any ideas?

Try a local mp game against bots?

It works perfect with bots and after everyone leaves me after 5 seconds in Last stand the game sudenly runs perfect and I can actually made it to 5 wave(Relic, please release single player version of Last stand)

Also drivers aren't the problem.

It works perfect with bots and after everyone leaves me after 5 seconds in Last stand the game sudenly runs perfect and I can actually made it to 5 wave(Relic, please release single player version of Last stand)

Also drivers aren't the problem.

Well the game uses peer to peer connection, maybe there lies the problem. I play mostly with Jeff and Illeria and we get max pings of 220 ish, with isn't bad for cross Atlantic.

I'd love to, but:

1. I'm probably busy
  2. I haven't played it yet

I'm with you on the noob scale, 'blix. I want to play more, but at the moment I'm knee deep in "shit I graduate next month and need to earn it" procedures, so my single player campaign will have to remain at "3 levels complete" for the time being. That said, I'm housesitting until the 12th, but after that if there's a game scheduled that I can make I'd be happy to give last stand a whirl with some people of comparable skill. It sounds really fun, and hopefully doesn't take too much time (?).

I am slowly making my way through the single player...getting to grips with it a bit but still firmly at noob school.

I am up for some EU gaming sometime over the weekend but with Battlefield coming out tomorrow, DoW may fall off the radar a little/lot...

Okay, let me just redefine the noob scale then. I guess I should play some hours of single player before I even attempt multiplayer.

I don't know, all three modes are pretty radically different. I guess Last Stand and the campaign are probably the most similar, but it's still not really the same thing. In Last Stand you start off with very few skills, and you're only ever controlling one guy, so the only sense in which you'll get overwhelmed is being slaughtered by the swarms of those bloody Eldar banshee things in wave 9. I haven't played the other races for a while, but the Space Marine force commander guy starts with two skills: you press Q to do a charge that knocks guys out of the way, and W to do a powerful mêlée attack that also knocks guys out of the way. It's good fun to knock guys out of the way. Eventually you unlock more options, but it's all introduced very gradually, so it seems like you have a chance to get familiar with things before more stuff gets thrown in. I don't think it would actually be that bad a place to start. You might not get especially far in, but I feel like there aren't really any principles from the main campaign that need to be learnt. There isn't much cause to be taking cover, for example. At least, not if you focusing on close quarters.

Not that I want to discourage you from playing the main campaign. I just don't think it's a prerequisite.

I am slowly making my way through the single player...getting to grips with it a bit but still firmly at noob school.

You should try it co-op for a bit. It's a pretty great way to play it, I think.

You should try it co-op for a bit. It's a pretty great way to play it, I think.

I concur. You only control 2 squads in co-op campaign, so you have considerable oversight. It's fun.

I'm having some problems adding people to my friends list. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the server problems.

Our last high score was wave 15. I will report back later tonight with our progress,watch this space!

Update: We rocked our previous high score and wave count, completely changing how we play the game with some awesome unlocks achieved over the night (thank you dead body teleporter!!)

We made it up to wave 16, which was an evil version of us, who we faced off equally with until the end, until we just fucked up and died. Hot damn the last 3 and a half hours flew by, I love this game mode!!

1293181-dowguys.jpg

I am the dead one

Edited by Sombre

We managed to increase our high score again, I've decided to start doing screen shots now too.

4415383886_d2829c3cbe_b.jpg

This was the second time we got to wave 12, and promptly got destroyed.

If I may, how do you guys seem to play, in regards to tactics?

Well for early waves, 1-9, we stay planted Jeff on the left point, me on the right, and Illeria covering both. From wave 10 we head north, Illeria casting storms and jeff and I dropping in and out of crowds of enemies.

Well for early waves, 1-9, we stay planted Jeff on the left point, me on the right, and Illeria covering both. From wave 10 we head north, Illeria casting storms and jeff and I dropping in and out of crowds of enemies.

This Seems to work fairly well. My favorite part of Last Stand is trying to figure out a strategy chocolate that works for your team. Seeing as how as you level you get different equipment, each players game play style changes dramatically. A good example of this is when i picked up my seakers 2nd piece of armor which game me more health (as opposed to the one I was using before which gives 50 energy). Depending on which I chose changed my style of play completely.

Hey all, new guy here, I've been playing last stand a lot too and I'm down for a game of it, got to level 17 or 18 I think is my max. Game gets insane.

Because our usual last standing is disrupted due to GDC and the like, Patters and I are gonna try and get a few of us together tonight to play some standard 3 on 3 with chaos rising. I'm not sure if you can play with us without it, but I think you actually can. If you're down for some thumbtastic multiplayer tonight, holler!