Sign in to follow this  
Sombre

Dawn of War 2

No rush, we have plenty of time to play it. I'll check before I/We roll out if you're ready. Anybody else?

By that I meant, if board games happen later in the day. For me, early DOW2 is better.

Lazy weekend for me, so I have time. Good game earlier. Fun stuff.

Made it to wave 10 in Last Stand after which we got killed really, really fast by a bunch of Space Marines with plasma weapons. Maybe there is a place on the map where you can kind of funnel the enemies through as to not get overwhelmed by a million dudes.

Has anyone else managed to get past wave 10? If so, how? You need to share your strategy. :D

How did the other team do? Chris, Pirate and myself made it to wave 9 several times, and FINALLY pushed through to wave 10 in an incredibly lucky move when my Eldritch storm cleared out everything.

After I dropped out to give Remo a place, and JamesM left,: Jeff, Illleria and myself teamed up. We ended up getting to wave 11 and dying, we had a really good thing going, which is probably why I had DoW II open for 4 hours and 57 minutes. Damn this game is good. I really hope the expansion has more maps though.

After I dropped out to give Remo a place, and JamesM left,: Jeff, Illleria and myself teamed up. We ended up getting to wave 11 and dying, we had a really good thing going, which is probably why I had DoW II open for 4 hours and 57 minutes. Damn this game is good. I really hope the expansion has more maps though.

That was my only issue with the game type, the lack of maps. The time we had was outstanding though, it's such a great game. I run as the Farseer, Remo played the Ork flamer and Pirate as the melee Marine. How about your team?

That was my only issue with the game type, the lack of maps. The time we had was outstanding though, it's such a great game. I run as the Farseer, Remo played the Ork flamer and Pirate as the melee Marine. How about your team?

Jeff and I were both Space Marines, Illeria was a Farseer. once we both got jump-packs they became invaluable,

Yeah good times. Had never played Last Stand and it was tons of fun. Don't know how anyone gets by map 11, but I guess we said that about map 9 and ended up beating that pretty easily most times towards the end. And yeah jump packs are awesome, combined with the far seer's storm ability was a great combo.

I can imagine jump packs being pretty handy. I'm forever using the charge ability to keep the enemy scattered and on their arses.

Haha, oh man, that was an amazing couple of hours.

We just managed to make it to wave 14/15, with a combination of Chris teleporting dudes, my invincibity/confuse and some absolutely outstanding jump pack kiting from Pirate!

dudesofwar.jpg

Can't wait till next weekend, that was incredible.

Wave 15! Next time we'll go for Wave 16 and beyond. I'm sure we can do it. :D

wow that's impressive. anyone know if Farseer gets any sort of teleportation?

My next level up is GROUP teleportation, I'm buzzed :D!

We have started an ongoing rivalry between Illeria, Jeff and I vs Chris, Pirate and Sombre. We over took your high score and are now sitting at 526000 ish. :tup:

We have started an ongoing rivalry between Illeria, Jeff and I vs Chris, Pirate and Sombre. We over took your high score and are now sitting at 526000 ish. :tup:

Bah :P

We'll get there, we have limited time due to work/timescales and such.

We will emerge victorious!

And we didn't get anywhere close to wave 15, we didn't even get past 10 today I don't think. Just imagine our score at wave 15! Game is so addicting even though it's the same map over and over, can't wait for the expansion, adds Tyranids and Chaos. :tup:

And we didn't get anywhere close to wave 15, we didn't even get past 10 today I don't think. Just imagine our score at wave 15! Game is so addicting even though it's the same map over and over, can't wait for the expansion, adds Tyranids and Chaos. :tup:

We're not focusing on points at the moment really, just seeing how far we can get so we can prepare accordingly. It's so goddamn fun.

Yeah, I don't really remember ever checking our score at the end. It seems more like Tetris or something, where I'm concerned with notching the level counter up more the score counter.

Yeah, I don't really remember ever checking our score at the end. It seems more like Tetris or something, where I'm concerned with notching the level counter up more the score counter.

pfft. Thats what losers say!

pfft. Thats what losers say!

So what level did you get to?

I take it this is the vaunted "Horde Mode" that was added to DoW I'm hearing about? Somehow variations on that design end up being my favorite part of a lot of multiplayer games... Not surprising since I usually take teamwork-oriented versus over getting raped by strangers in a huge free for all, and pure co-op over team vs. modes.

How are you guys coordinating timing, sound like it might be key the way you're talking about teleportation and jump-jetting. Does DoW2 have built-in VoIP that I'm unaware of?

I take it this is the vaunted "Horde Mode" that was added to DoW I'm hearing about? Somehow variations on that design end up being my favorite part of a lot of multiplayer games... Not surprising since I usually take teamwork-oriented versus over getting raped by strangers in a huge free for all, and pure co-op over team vs. modes.

How are you guys coordinating timing, sound like it might be key the way you're talking about teleportation and jump-jetting. Does DoW2 have built-in VoIP that I'm unaware of?

It's called "Last Stand." And yep, it has built-in voice chat. It's automatically enabled as far as I can tell. I believe it goes through Games for Windows Live. I already had a headset set up for other games and I didn't have to mess with any options or anything.

So what level did you get to?

Oh shit .

The VOIP works well for us, it's really useful.

So, is this some persistent RPG thing? I thought it was only an RPG.

Oh shit .

The VOIP works well for us, it's really useful.

Well, it works. The quality is quite shit and often times I have to pay real close attention so I can hear what is being said. Sometimes I just have to extrapolate what is being said by everything I can hear afterwards. :P

Otherwise I'd be going "What? ............What? ............What did you say?" the entire frigging time.