Sign in to follow this  
Sombre

Dawn of War 2

Is anyone actively playing this at the moment? I just picked up a new laptop and as such, I've been playing a bit of DOW2, and after hearing the PC gamer UK podcast, heard the "Last Stand" mode is meant to be bombass. Any players interested? I've not played yet, so i'll probably blow, but hey, video games!!

SteamID: Fallen189

GFWL: Mako Eyes 189

Is anyone actively playing this at the moment? I just picked up a new laptop and as such, I've been playing a bit of DOW2, and after hearing the PC gamer UK podcast, heard the "Last Stand" mode is meant to be bombass. Any players interested? I've not played yet, so i'll probably blow, but hey, video games!!

SteamID: Fallen189

GFWL: Mako Eyes 189

A played a bit with JamesM in December, it's pretty Rad. I'd be up for some more.

Just played a random game with matchmaking, I can see myself learning to love this. However, I got yelled at because "I was level 1 and a noob", which I threw out there at the start. Yikes!

I may be interested at some point, especially after the Chaos Rising expansion comes out. Have not tried out multiplayer yet, but I love the single player campaign and overall gameplay.

I may be interested at some point, especially after the Chaos Rising expansion comes out. Have not tried out multiplayer yet, but I love the single player campaign and overall gameplay.

I've not tried out the "Multiplayer" beacuse I know it'll be starcraft syndrome. Last Stand, however, just throws you into a huge arena, and you fight till the last man, ala horde mode from Gears 2.

I'm up for some Last Stand or whatever it's called. Like Patters said, it's pretty fun. Also, I've only played once, so you don't have to worry about me calling you a n00b.

Hey cool, and we're all English people. Fuck the scourge of International ping! Hit me up on steam/XBL and we'll go shoot some guys! And hopefully get past wave 9...

I'd love to play as well. I only recently got the game so I'm likely crap at it, but I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. :D

Wasn't it possible to co-op the main campaign or something? Or was that some other game?

I'd love to play as well. I only recently got the game so I'm likely crap at it, but I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. :D

Wasn't it possible to co-op the main campaign or something? Or was that some other game?

Yeah, you can do, although it sounds a bit like it's a "main guy plus guest" affair. I think you get the same units, but split them over two people for massive damage. Or finer micromanaging or something. I wouldn't mind giving that a go, if we can work out some sort of schedule (as in not just playing one mission then forgetting all about it... Not that that would be particularly horrendous, but it'd be a shame).

just picked this up on steam during the boxing week rape fest. Ive played 1 single player campaign level. Id love to play more with you fin English folk with your funny language.

I'd like to get into the Last Stand mode. I played a ton of the regular multiplayer when the game came out, but I've only played one or two games of Last Stand. I just don't enjoy matchmade multiplayer, but I'd be down to play with some Thumbs.

So, should we organize a thing, or do we prefer to ambush each other with invitations on the spur of the moment?

Good to see a mild response, this pleases me! I'm pretty much ready to roll anytime after Friday, simply due to a large amount of uni work. Saturday, maybe we could get some LS going at about...6/7pm UK time? Which I believe is roughly mid day for Chris. If anyone has any issues with that time, or any other requests/comments, please let me know if this sounds good with you guys?

Played a little straight up co-op with Pirate yesterday, was pretty rad. We ended up using Skype above steam chat or the windows live interface, it was a lot nicer, it would be cool to try this for Last Stand.

Also, I would be interested in doing a few skirmishes, with the maximum player count for that being 6 players, opposed to the 3 that last stand offers.

Good to see a mild response, this pleases me! I'm pretty much ready to roll anytime after Friday, simply due to a large amount of uni work. Saturday, maybe we could get some LS going at about...6/7pm UK time? Which I believe is roughly mid day for Chris. If anyone has any issues with that time, or any other requests/comments, please let me know if this sounds good with you guys?

Yeah, that works for me. It's always tough organizing transatlantic games but if people in the UK are fine with that time, it seems good.

We already got too much people then anyway, so I think it'll be fine.

It looks like I might be out tomorrow evening, probably from a little after seven, so if we could start nearer six that would be good for me. Since you all obviously want the best for me, I'm sure we're in agreement. Six o'clock sharp it is, then. OK? Great.

Great turn out and matches, thanks for coming to the first of what I hope will be many games!

How did the other team do? Chris, Pirate and myself made it to wave 9 several times, and FINALLY pushed through to wave 10 in an incredibly lucky move when my Eldritch storm cleared out everything.

When is the best time for you guys to all get together again? I had a ball, so I'm down for a lot more Last Standing and such. Would the same time tomorrow/Monday be okay for you guys?

Edit: Just realised the game is 75% off at the moment, an absolute steal if you wanna get into it !

http://uk-thq-eshop.gamesplanet.com/pc-games/buy-download-Dawn-of-War-II.html

Tomorrow I might be booked playing board games with Jake and Scoops, but if that turns out to be a little later in the day, I'm definitely down for morning Last Standing.

Tomorrow I might be booked playing board games with Jake and Scoops, but if that turns out to be a little later in the day, I'm definitely down for morning Last Standing.

No rush, we have plenty of time to play it. I'll check before I/We roll out if you're ready. Anybody else?