Sign in to follow this  
Jake

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 1: THE GREAT GATLING-GUNSBY

old-reference-laden yuckfest

I disagree, I want more of this shit rubbed in my face as often and as forcefully as possible. It makes me feel like a horrible person, but I laugh my ass off at any mention of Far Cry 2, Puffins, Wizard, Gold Game Gate Fold Gold Fold, Trine, Bird Noise or Horse Bag. Laugh my ass off.

Jake saying "Dream Dream Dream" was my favourite part.

Thank god, I downloaded the song last night, only to be disappointed by the 2 min length, then upon waking this morning saw a new episode was posted. Thanks for the laughs as always Chris, Video Games and Two Hot Scoops

I for one welcome our new Ad-hoc-cast masters.

Plenty to interest me and make me laugh. The appearance of the in-jokes during the readermail felt more like a sending off for them than anything else. Good show.

Idle Thumbs is advanced video game podcasting

I suppose I can understand why you say that if you've never heard The Idle Thumbs Podcast. I, too, used to like Idle Thumbs before I discovered the vastly superior TITP.

The Return of the Progidal...

My Son Returns.

Steve is sharp. Not to imply that Jake and Nick aren't, but they sometimes have trouble articulating what they want to say, whereas Steve can go toe to toe with Chris in a discussion.

Maybe but I've always considered Jake as the funny guy and more of a, uh, moderator than the other two anyway.

As for the chemistry, I don't think it should or can change much. Steve was on how many episodes of Idle Thumbs? Probably ten or even more? So it's not like he is completely new to the team.

Personally, I liked the "first" episode a lot, hope there are many more to come. Twice a month or so would be great but even if it's less, I'll be happy with it.

This is suddenly becoming a "Does Jake have nice hair? How does he smell" kind of surprisecast territory.

Regardless, I visibly creased as I was walking to university today. God bless you all.

UPDATE: It's not even been 24 hours since the new episode was released and I've already listened through it *EDIT: 10* times.

Edited by Roswell47

UPDATE: It's not even been 24 hours since the new episode was released and I've already listened through it 7 times.

Shhhhh! You'll scare them away. They're like, uh, badgers, or something. Very flighty.

Yaaaaaaay! Awesome! I'm downloading right now, can't wait to hear it and then read all these spoilerific forum pages!!

Today's plans? Out the window!!! Get me a beer and a video game, stat!

HAPPY! I have a 7 hour plane trip tomorrow and was sad that the new cast would likely come out after it was too late for me to put it on my ipod. I'll be listening while flying to Orlando for reading week tomorrow. Thank you so much for getting this out before the weekend, Thumbs!

And MDK is the original gunhead from what I can tell. Which is odd because then Jake refers to the Virgin Interactive Genesis ports of those Disney movie games, which were made by people who went on to become Shiny Entertainment.

Oh wow, I seriously forgot about Kurt's sniper helmet gun thing in MDK when they were talking about the gun head concept. I need to play those games again.

I know I've posted here before but damn is it good to hear another cast again. I find it marginally strange to be already speaking of the podcast being repetitive. Or that it's 'not the best one, but good'. That's not how I approach it at all. To me it's just a 'thing', that I amuse myself silly with. It feels like coming home.

Ohh man, The Bodycount of Monte Christo.

I just want to thank you guys for coming back. Losing Idle Thumbs and 1upYours/ListenUp back to back was painful for a gaming podcast junkie. GWJ and Drunken Gamers were the only thing tiding me over.

I was kind of in denial anyway. I refused to delete the Idle Thumbs feed on iTunes...just in case...and what an awesome surprise. :tup:

Wait, I thought Episode -7 was the consensus best? Or was that -7 of yet another podcast?

the thing is that this IS the best episode...the best episode of "The Idle Thumbs Podcast"....it can hardly be any different, since it is the only one so far...hehe

So glad Thumbs is back that iv made an account just to post my happiness!

THANKS GUYS! You have given me countless laughs and i thank you :)