Sign in to follow this  
Jake

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 1: THE GREAT GATLING-GUNSBY

Sweet!

Although I was hoping you would number them with roman numerals this time round.

Oh, thank you thank you thank you!

I was shaking with laughter during the "horse bag" reader mail, so much so that I almost fell off the subway platform. I would have died happy.

And Oliver Twist would actually make an awesome game (just not as Gun Head). You would play as Fagin and send your urchins throughout London to pick a pocket or two. It would essentially be a 19th Century version of Syndicate.

fuck no!

Is Remo's place that terrible that it requires more than a week to overcome it?

Hmmm, they say in the podcast that Dante's Inferno didn't have to change the name to something more extreme, but I'm pretty sure the name of the poem is Divine Comedy (which is divided in 3 parts, inferno, purgatorio and paradiso).

When I saw this was live I started laughing manically to myself. Also saying "video games" repeatedly.

Thank you, you beautiful men.

I woke up feeling like shit and almost emailed in sick. Then I checked idle thumbs and there was a podcast.

What better way to walk to work than to listen to this while doing so?

Great return, look forward to the next one, whenever that may be.

Hmmm, they say in the podcast that Dante's Inferno didn't have to change the name to something more extreme, but I'm pretty sure the name of the poem is Divine Comedy (which is divided in 3 parts, inferno, purgatorio and paradiso).

Yeah, but the poem is still "Inferno" by Dante, and we do mention the other parts (to imply EA won't use those names).

I think Chris really said it best that sums up my opinion on ME2; as a sequel to Mass Effect, it wasn't the sequel I would have prefered, but as a video game that was a continuation of Mass Effect I really enjoyed it.

Fable/kotor visual system... yep agree, that's retarded and a step backwards.

Steve seemed more lively.... maybe having something to prove to take Nicks spot? Not that Nick was overly dynamic or talkative anyway.

Anyway, great cast, really missed it, also you convinced me to play Heavy Rain demo just for some laughs.

I'd like to hear your opinion on Jack. I was playing her loyalty quest for the 2nd time yesterday and there was a part where she says something like: "Shit I don't understand. I'm a dangerous bitch, yet sometimes I feel like an innocent girl. Fuck, let's blow this place to pieces."

At that moment I cringed, almost facepalmed. WORST CHARACTER EVER.

I'd like to hear your opinion on Jack. I was playing her loyalty quest for the 2nd time yesterday and there was a part where she says something like: "Shit I don't understand. I'm a dangerous bitch, yet sometimes I feel like an innocent girl. Fuck, let's blow this place to pieces."

At that moment I cringed, almost facepalmed. WORST CHARACTER EVER.

That is the most amazing piece of dialogue I have ever laid eyes on.

Fable/kotor visual system... yep agree, that's retarded and a step backwards.

Fortunately, that approach was limited to that and once I switched it off the Renegade journey was in the same spirit of the original. Even better maybe.

It is really wierd that it is there and its like they know it's wierd, so the very first thing you get told you can do is get rid of it. Wierd.

"Shit I don't understand. I'm a dangerous bitch, yet sometimes I feel like an innocent girl. Fuck, let's blow this place to pieces."

In the first Mass Effect, when the Council screwed me over for like the third time, my Commander Jane Shepard retreated to the ship, slowly slumped to the ground against a wall, and sighed. Some "don't give up" dialogue followed from Kaiden, but Shepard's defeated body language did more to add weight to the scene than anything else.

I...don't see that happening this time around.

Hahahah oh man the stuff you guys said about Heavy Rain is so right. Just started playing it and I'm having the same experiences with the animation system. It's like directing your own retarded comedy double-take mini movies.

Wait for it .... waaaaittt for it ... maaaaybe he's gonna open the car door now OH YES HE'S GONNA OPE-- no he's not.