Armchair General

A new multiplayer game (for the times when left for lobby gets too much)

INCREDIBLY off topic but...

MW2 singleplayer is really good, but has the length of a hamster on a cold winters day...

:hmph:

I tried the Spec Ops mode - its good, but I aint playing with no randoms (ooh! Double Negative!) 'cos they all seem to be tw*ts on MW2...

Is MW1 worth me shelling out for? Is the single player good on that one? Is it longer then MW2 is?

MW1 campaign is good, but if anything, shorter than MW2.

Also, I'm sure you could find some willing Spec-Ops partners on here. I'd offer to assist, but I got pretty fed up after doing them all on Veteran at least twice (once on PS3, once on PC). Maybe, though.

Oh god, why did you have to post that? D:

Post what, old fellow?

:P

Were you drunk when you posted that? How long did it take you to realize that it was probably only funny to us at the time? :grin:

So it's getting to that time again....a new refreshed multiplayer. It's not urgent, I'm still loving BC2, but there is a palpable void growing :hmph:

The question is...what on earth could we play?:erm: I have no idea, being locked away in revision land for so long, so suggestions please folks. Let's discuss!:tup:

I'm not really sure... What kind of games are out there? It would be cool if we could find one that wasnt a FPS, or a FPS that was different from L4D and BC2. I know that these two are not the same, but there's no point in swapping one of these (or more preferably, alternating) for another game that's exactly the same style.

What we need is a different genre to add, but I know that FPS is usually the most accessible for online multiplayer - especially where you want at least 8 people to be able to play.

:erm:

We already have Forza 3, GTA4, Super Street Fighter IV, etc.

A lot of you guys should give TF2 more of a chance, it's a little confusing with the 9 classes but once you've got it (it doesn't take long) it's phenomenal. I'd go as far to say it's the best competitive game of the past decade.

Shattered Horizon is pretty cool. It certainly plays differently and I think it's still 10 bucks. The minimum specs are a bit tough though:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 / AMD Athlon64 X2 5600+

Memory: 2GB

Graphics: 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon HD 3870

DirectX®: 10 (Does not support DirectX 9)

Vista or Win 7 only.

It's supposed to be playable with those. The Futuremark guys know something about performance :P

Would anyone at all be interested in a Diablo 2 crawl? I never got passed the Jungle area and it's something I'd like to tool through one day.

Would anyone at all be interested in a Diablo 2 crawl? I never got passed the Jungle area and it's something I'd like to tool through one day.

Someone stole (I still don't even understand HOW they managed that) my LoD key, so I'd be up for the original at least.

Shattered Horizon is pretty cool. It certainly plays differently and I think it's still 10 bucks. The minimum specs are a bit tough though:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 / AMD Athlon64 X2 5600+

Memory: 2GB

Graphics: 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon HD 3870

DirectX®: 10 (Does not support DirectX 9)

Vista or Win 7 only.

It's supposed to be playable with those. The Futuremark guys know something about performance :P

I'd vouch for that. :yep:

I don't think there is anything new coming out multiplayer wise. There's Medal of Honor which is coming out in October. I think the multiplayer in that game is being done by DICE which could be interesting. Other than that I can't really think of anything.

I can't tell if that's supposed to be sarcasm or a real suggestion. Honestly, I don't want to play a RTS in multiplayer on a regular basis.

A tongue in cheek suggestion then... I used to have many hours of good fun playing that game with 3 mates. Possibly a bit long in the tooth now though!

I have Diablo 1 and 2 if anyone was interested in that direction. I dont have any of the expansions though... Natch...