Sign in to follow this  
Nachimir

Grand Thumb Auto XLVII: Bummed in the swingset

Is this a thing that will occur?

Join me at 21:00 GMT, tonight, Tuesday the 19th of January to find out. Or perhaps I'll play more Borderlands if noone turns up.

Sorry I've not been around for a while, I've been distracted by a new games night at a local boardgames shop, and am now going to alternate between that and this.

Hey, I've been meaning to join in on these gta sessions for a while now, think I'll join in this eve if that's cool? It's been a while since I had a blast on that.

My gamertag is F4T C4T (which reminds me, I should go and put it in the gamertag sharing thread!).

I bought borderlands in a sale yesterday so if it is a poor turnout I'd also be up for that if you don't mind dragging round a low level noob!

Of course that's cool, though I'm guessing it might be a quiet one tonight.

Coop Borderlands probably a bad idea, since both my characters are level 30ish and I'll go insane if I have to play through the introductory missions a third time :)

I hope it was fun. I got back about half an hour ago, but I have a presentation to give at University tomorrow evening, so I'm in bed trawling through quotations.

When people come to my house, and I point to my bedroom and say 'that's where the magic happens'... I'm certainly not lying.

I hope Grand Thumb Not Borderlands Auto was fun for you all.

Or perhaps it'll be the busiest in ages!

Cheers everyone, I think that's the most laughter I've ever heard in one :)

Highlight for me was during the last race, F4T C4T setting my lamborghini on fire, running me over at high speed just after I bailed from it, then running me over a second time just as I was getting into another :tup:

Or perhaps it'll be the busiest in ages!

Cheers everyone, I think that's the most laughter I've ever heard in one :)

Highlight for me was during the last race, F4T C4T setting my lamborghini on fire, running me over at high speed just after I bailed from it, then running me over a second time just as I was getting into another :tup:

Yeah, it's been one of the best in recent times.

Yeah, I had a lot of fun with today's game. I always like it when we get enough people that we won't all fit in a Live Party. Some truly ridiculous moments today, most of them with Jon as my primary antagonist (bastard) and always in hilarious ways. Last week's was sorta dry, but this was a definite high point.

Also, welcome aboard F4T C4T, hope to see more of you.

Hey guys, that was a blast last night. I'll be sure to join you all more often.

Nachimir, I couldn't avoid hitting you as you bailed out of the Lambo! The beauty of it was the arc of your bounce as you hit the tarmac then perfectly aligned with my windscreen.

I'd like to forget the bit where upon starting the firetruck race, I managed to instantly eject myself out of the truck instead of firing my water cannon... it had been a while since I'd played this game.

Hitting me just as my character was opening the door of the next one was a nice touch though ;)

I accidentally bail quite a bit, and did it once last night. Control mappings for other games keep overriding stuff, so after lots of Borderlands, I kept pressing the left stick to run too.

Also just remembered: cops and crooks, bailing from the car, shouting "Just leave me to die!" when the cops caught up with us, killing them, then getting to the boat using the cop car. Then Miffy: "I said cheese it. It is not being cheesed!" :)

The melee deathmatch where we all ended up in vehicles was great too.

Ha, yeah lots of good moments!

Regarding controls and Borderlands, I'm really struggling with that right now. My main gripe is not being able to toggle sniper aiming. The fact that you have to hold the movement stick in means I'm constantly nudging my shots wide at the worst of times because my thumb starts wavering under the pressure. It just not comfortable to have to hold those thumb sticks in.

I keep flipping between default layout and angelic which has aiming on the left trigger which is easier but both have things such as melee or crouch that I really don't feel comfortable with either. It's so infuriating not to be able to set my own layout. Guess I'll just have to settle on one and get used to it.

Its strange because I've played many shooters before with different layouts and I've rarely struggled this much to get a hold of the controls.

Ah well.

It's always nice to have a fresh face in GTA, I really like muscle car races, probably wouldn't do if we did them weekly though.