JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Picked up Talos Principle for PS4. Guess it doesn't count as a deal as I bought it on steam a few years back at full retail. 

Anybody have any idea where in Europe would be cheapest pre-order price for Breath of the Wild for Wii U? I've seen Finnish shops have it for 59.90€.

Does Amazon Prime in Europe work the same way as in the US? It's 20% off physical copies of games you pre-order (or maybe even just order). If that is the case, then perhaps legit answer is Amazon?

Amazon Prime in .nl is just a very limited version of their online streaming thing.

Amazon's website exists in only few European countries. Now they have in Amazon Germany free shipping to Finland which is cool, but I don't think I can get Prime from there as I think the Prime there is meant for Germany and Austria.

There's a massive humble bundle live that supports the ACLU, Docs w/out borders and IRC. 100% goes to charity. It's a $30 minimum, but it's massive.

featured games: Stardew Valley, The Witness, Subnautica, 2064, Thirty Flights, Stanley Parable, Invisible Inc., Octodad, Remastered DotT, plus a bunch more that I'm sure have been in every other humble bundle.

47 items in the bundle so far (some are ebooks), with apparently more to be added...!

https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom

Final Fantasy is having a 30th Anniversary sale almost everywhere? I heard even the eShop is getting one, but it might be in the US only.

I'm wondering if I should get the PC version of FF8, but I wonder if it's worth to double dip just to skip the grinding and such?

Sorry, everyone, to go back to the freedom bundle, but they added even more things recently, and my mind simply can't process these astronomical levels of generosity

Yeah, it's a crazy deal! Bummed I missed out on Subnautica, but that was my fault for sleeping on it until I got home frome work. 

GAME in the UK and Amazon in the US have offers on Steam Link and Controller. I just ordered a Link for £15.99. Worth a look at that price, even if (like me) you're unsure how it'll work with your set-up.

Valve has also right now discounts for the hardware in Steam, but maybe those Game and Amazon deals are better.

It looks like the EU eShop will have a SEGA 3D Classics sale, of the individual titles and the collection. Is the 3D Classics collection worth getting? It seems to be cheaper to get the separately. 

The Classics Collection is worth it. I have it as physical game card. Power Drift is really cool arcade racing game and Puyo Puyo 2 is also excellent. There are also many other games in the Collection of course, but those two I definitely want to mention.

Is like the other 3D Classics with little extra modes and such? I also heard it comes with 3DS themes, but maybe that's just the physical version?

It's pretty lucky that it has all the Sega 3D Classics that I don't own... except 3D Ecco The Dolphin? 

There are extra modes and versions on the Classics collection but (for me) it was worth the asking price at retail for Power Drift alone.

I'll be picking up some more of the stand alone games - £2.24 is crazy money for what are always the best versions of these games.

Humble Bundle Space Sale

A lot of good games on here, although some of the deals are not the best. Good excuse to pick up something like Stellaris or Off-World Trading Company you might have missed.Weirdly I can't find a link to it from the homepage, just from the newsletter. The sales still seem good, though!

Good deal on the new Homeworld. Wish I had the time to dig into that. 

Also includes The Swindle for only £3, the best cybersteampunk stealth platformer from the year before Xcom 2 came out.

8 hours ago, Ben X said:

Also includes The Swindle for only £3, the best cybersteampunk stealth platformer from the year before Xcom 2 came out.

Yes indeed! Fantastic game - £3 is silly money for.

I'm very much looking forward to his Behold The Kickmen.