JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

This is a longshot, but if anyone gets a coupon for Trackmania Turbo and you want to give it to me, please PM.

Just gone and bought Sanctuary RPG and LISA in the sale, for "less than a cup of coffee". Did I do good? Please validate my purchasing decisions. 

And, oh yeah, I also got that new humble bundle. Got TIS-100 to give away, too... 

Anyone know how stable the PC version of Mafia 3 is? It's the same price on Steam and Xbone sales right now and I'm torn. In general, I'd rather PC, but this year has seen a weird upswing in shitty PC versions of games...

1 hour ago, miffy495 said:

Anyone know how stable the PC version of Mafia 3 is? It's the same price on Steam and Xbone sales right now and I'm torn. In general, I'd rather PC, but this year has seen a weird upswing in shitty PC versions of games...

I believe the RPS review noted some crashes and a general finickiness with different hardware configurations, although neither so endemic as to make the game unplayable.

Need for Speed Most Wanted is 90% on the Vita, is it anything like Burnout: Paradise, the only non-karting racer I enjoy?

I can't speak for the Vita version specifically (which is supposed to be a really good, in-house port of the console and PC game) but I've found NfS MW to be more serious than BOP on the surface but, at times, a whole lot crazier under the hood.

It seems I got it in my soon to expire PSN+ game collection and... I had trouble putting it down.

Are races specific for each car? Either way, I'm going to get it.

The eShop EU Black Friday deals are up, and I think I'll pick up the Boxboy games, I kinda expected more than a handful of games to be on sale?

On 11/24/2016 at 3:39 AM, miffy495 said:

It's quite stable, for me. I've only had 1 crash throughout the whole game. The performance was good on my brand new PC with good hardware. It does have quite a lot of graphical issues (i.e. things that don't look great). It's just not a lot of fun.

On 11/23/2016 at 4:49 PM, Trip Hazard said:

Just gone and bought Sanctuary RPG and LISA in the sale, for "less than a cup of coffee". Did I do good? Please validate my purchasing decisions. 

And, oh yeah, I also got that new humble bundle. Got TIS-100 to give away, too... 

LISA is so fucking good, it's legit one of my favorite games I've played in the last couple of years.  I really need to go back and play the expansion/sequel that was released after I finished it.

Sanctuary RPG was interesting, and worth screwing around with for a few evenings, but I never came close to finishing a run.  I found starting new runs to get pretty boring after a bit, as there's just not enough diversity in the early content for the number of times you'll have to play through it to have a shot at actually beating it.  But I still considered it well worth picking up on sale to mess around with. 

14 hours ago, Tanukitsune said:

The eShop EU Black Friday deals are up, and I think I'll pick up the Boxboy games, I kinda expected more than a handful of games to be on sale?

Yeah that was weird, America got like 2-3 times more on sale in Nintendo's eshops than Europe. I had nothing to get there since I already own everything I was interested in.

13 hours ago, Bjorn said:

LISA is so fucking good, it's legit one of my favorite games I've played in the last couple of years.  I really need to go back and play the expansion/sequel that was released after I finished it.

It was your constant banging on about it which made me pick it up, honestly :)

Also if folks are asking for copies, we're pretty frequently giving away/trading extra copies of stuff in #giveaways on the slack. If you're not in the auto-invite is broken but you can message zerofiftyone for an invite. 

Any Wii-U people without 3d mario-

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AC3ZD06/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=51c6653cb74c11e68d0c820935f116f70INT&ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

$15 for one of the top Wii-U games available.  

hopefully we'll see more of these as they start to liquidate for Switch in the spring

On 11/23/2016 at 3:14 PM, rohlfinator said:

Also! Over on itch, a bunch of devs have put together a bundle of 151 (!) games to raise money for the ACLU and Planned Parenthood:

https://itch.io/b/149/a-good-bundle

It's pay-what-you-want, with a couple of different price tiers ($20 to get the whole set). Some of the highlights are Proteus, Gone Home, Read Only Memories, Panoramical, FJORDS, Hero Generations, The Novelist, Catlateral Damage, Sokobond, and Catacomb Kids. Check it out!

Last day to get this bundle, and it's now up to 173 "items" (some OSTs from Danny B were added, along with several more games including Nuclear Throne). 

I'm a little surprised there has been no pop at all for the winter sale? (unless it's in a thread somewhere i'm missing)

I miss the little Steam characters and their xmas illustrations. Also, I'm being bombarded by push notifications! 

Solid discount on Dishonored 2, but so far I'm just in for the Fallout 4 Season Pass. 

It is really annoying that the Steam wishlist discount notifications are popping up 1-2 games at a time and happening all the time.

The sale phenomenon as something worth talking about has definitely passed on I'd say. There's nothing interesting there except saving money anymore which as a topic of discussion leaves something to be desired.

Have picked up: Batman Arkham Knight, The Swindle, Undertale, Metal Gear Rising Revengance all for really cheap if anyone has been looking at those.

Overwatch is also currently on sale (for EU PC at least). Not a huge saving but that doesn't surprise me for a new Blizzard game.

The Division season pass is on sale for half off. After watching some of the survival stuff on the Waypoint twitch, I decided to buy it.

*shrug* I already paid for the original game at launch, so what's a little more I guess? Meh, I dunno.

On 12/26/2016 at 9:12 PM, SgtWhistlebotom said:

Have picked up ... The Swindle ... for really cheap

Only £3! Totes worth it, everyone :buyme: (also the Dan and Ben games are now 29p for both, but everyone owns those now, right?)