JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Heh I had that game on my wishlist for, well, I think since its release, but I removed it yesterday because it just didn't look appealing to me anymore. Now i'm second-guessing that. Probably still won't buy it tho!!!

It's a very skippable game, to be honest.  I wouldn't recommend it at anywhere near it's normal price.  But at ~$2, I think it's worth checking out.  I really wish they'd have had the resources to spend another 6 months of dev time on it polishing it, I think it could have been amazing, rather than just interesting.

Just wanted to plug and/or mention the extremely interesting Steam Summer Sale Turn-Based Strategy Bundle which includes:

• The Banner Saga (I think is lovely)
  • Invisible, Inc. (I also own and think is lovely)
  • Thea: The Awakening (I have only heard good things about)
  • Gremlins, Inc. (Which looks very, very intriguing)
  • Hard West (Supposedly one of the best of its kind in recent times)

As you can guess, I already own the first two...what do people think about the latter three? I'm really leaning towards purchasing it, Hard West and Thea are titles I've read good things about here and Gremlins Inc looks too charming to pass up.

Not really a deal but the Castle of Illusion remake is getting yanked from Steam and PSN. I've got a feeling Disney/Sega might put out the original again. It's got music by Grant Kirkhope and for that alone it's worth nabbing before it gets blade runnered.

Hey, you!  Do you like tactical battle type games?  Good!  Cause Renowned Explorers is on sale!

I got RE from a Humble Monthly this summer, and it's been one of the real gems from having subscribed to that, it's easily been one of my favorite games I've played this year. 

Hey, you!  Do you like tactical battle type games?  Good!  Cause Renowned Explorers is on sale!

I got RE from a Humble Monthly this summer, and it's been one of the real gems from having subscribed to that, it's easily been one of my favorite games I've played this year. 

Seconded! It's a perfect way to kill thirty minutes or an hour with a quick, satisfying play. It's also one of those gross games that makes me chuckle happily to myself while I play. It's still getting support, with new missions and cards being released, so it's worth picking up for sure.

Does the removal from PSN mean even people who bought won't be access it?

It's 85% off at Indie Gala, BTW

If you've bought it, it should be redownloadable at any time. Strangely, it seems it's being delisted on Live Arcade and made Xbone backwards compatible in the same week.

The delisting sucks, but Disney is just being Disney again.

Good that at least it stays on accounts who have bought the game.

I wonder will the mobile versions be pulled also?

You could do like I did the last time the deal came around, which is get it and then not crack it open for months and months and months. Because that's close to a thousand dollars' worth of software for $15.

I got the last Humble Game Maker bundle, do you think it's worth getting the new one just for the new modules (iOS, HTML5 and Windows UWP)?

The excellent Talos Principle is 75% off on Steam this weekend. The DLC, Road to Gehenna, is also discounted.

You know you want to...

If you preorder a digital copy of Forza Horizon 3: Revengeance on the microsoft store you get a $10 credit to the microsoft store. Not quite the %20 off you'd get for a physical copy from Amazon prime but it's the best you'll get for digital and it should be PC + Xbone.

On the Oculus store, Feral Rites is $10 right now. It's a 3rd person arcade-brawler with a fantastical indigenous islander theme. If this wasn't in VR, it would be a ridiculously generic game circa early Xbox360. It's heavily tutorialized and you are the chosen one and all that typical stuff. I think it's worth mentioning that this is potentially the most comfortable game I've played regarding simulation-sickness.

When I played the first hour I was so bored by how generic everything was, but the game is built in an interesting way. It's built like a 3d-platformer with large scenes, but there are blue lines that designate camera changes. When you cross that line, a static camera is placed above the line and is rotated at the angle your character moved across it. The levels are built out with low-poly environmental props and a few invisible colliders. The character can jump really high. So I've basically been rubbing the rocks and cliffs surrounding the paths trying to access areas outside the intended paths. Feral Rites is a great game for this. Managing to scale a mountain you aren't supposed to see the top of in VR is especially rewarding. Even clipping through the geometry can be affecting. I still haven't managed to jump off the world yet, but I hear the game is large in scope so I'll have a lot more chances. You upgrade abilities too, so if I get some sort of double-jump or something I'll be able to access a lot more areas. Super fun.

If you preorder a digital copy of Forza Horizon 3: Revengeance on the microsoft store you get a $10 credit to the microsoft store. Not quite the %20 off you'd get for a physical copy from Amazon prime but it's the best you'll get for digital and it should be PC + Xbone.

Hmm, I'm looking for this deal but I'm not getting it for some reason.