JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Sunless sea free weekend had the opposite effect, i loved it and the whole bundle @ $8 to get SS is 11% cheaper than even the steam sale that weekend - trine, else.heart.break, and never alone are just bonuses to me

i got this bundle yesterday and the weekly bundle for Speedrunners and  and another Grim key @$3 (Bundle Expires 2/25/16)

I actually returned this headset because on my setup I couldn't get the mic to be at proper volume, there was a noticeable drop in sound quality whenever I plugged it in through usb, and they were so tight on my head that they made my jaw hurt. Everyone else seems to think they are great though and Rainbow Six: Siege continues to provide me with very tense but still arcadey multiplayer tactics mixed with quick-draws.

$70 for the headset and game.

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16826738005&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL030416B&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL030416B-_-EMC-030416-Index-_-HeadsetsAccessories-_-26738005-S0I

Oh wow, I just realized the Humble Monthly subscription also gets you a 10 percent discount in the Humble Store, and that applies to games that are already on sale.  That's potentially really valuable.  I don't buy enough games for that to cover the cost of the monthly subscription, but it certainly offsets it.

There's definitely a bit of a nice ecosystem going on at Humble, most of the recent Humble Bundles have a 10% coupon for the Humble Monthly that I believe can be applied for current subscribers on the next month's charge. So basically, you buy a bundle, you save 10% on the monthly, which in turn saves you 10% at the store. Few different bundles every month, so you could potentially save 10% on that monthly continuously unless I'm just reading the terms incorrectly.

Just keep in mind you're spending to save, but other than that it's a great way to amass a nice queue.

Throwing it out there: $7.50 each. (Lowest it's ever been individually is $8.75.)

I want a copy to play Secret Hitler. As I've been getting deeper into Roll20, I don't know that it's necessary for Pathfinder - although speaking of which I have been murmuring to some about starting a game of it on Saturdays. Something lighter and more casual than what I'm doing with Chronicles of Darkness.

Tabletop Simulator deal going on. I'd love to try some stuff this weekend.

Anybody in Europe know where I could get Lego Jurassic World for Wii U for a low price?

Really annoys me those Steam Lego sales that are even now on going. Warner never does something like that sale in the Wii U eShop.

Cool, thanks. That's not bad 27€ with shipping included.

Seemingly another good humble monthly; I had just bought South park at the winter sale or been a nice jump in point

War of mine, nuclear, and magic circle probably have been worth it regardless

Battlefield 4 Premium Edition is $25 right now on Origin. YAY! I got it because I had a blast playing the gametime demo. It's like a better version of Battlefield 3.

BF4 is really fun. Even the single player is the best of the BF games, which is damning with faint praise, but whatever I enjoyed it. It's got good characters. 

I played a little bit of the single-player campaign and I was rather impressed with the water and lighting in a hallway. I play single-player campaigns very slowly because I tend to be more interested in the environments than the objectives. In multiplayer I get kicked out of enjoying how the force of the tank's cannon moves plastic chairs when a helicopter bombards me. I kind of like that scarcity of wonder enforced by oppositional players.

It is a really nice game, I like spending time in it.

That System Shock 1 remaster is in a bundle for £3.69 along with D/Generation HD and 8 other games I don't recognise:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/killer-bundle-7

My mind let itself hope for a second there because of that URL. :(

Steam is doing the second anime sale - http://store.steampowered.com/sale/anime_sale/ There is a lot good stuff there:

Some of my recommendations would be:

Disgaea PC (-20%)

Clannad (-50%) (Visual Novel)

World End Economica episode 2 (-55%) (Kinetic Visual Novel)* (also only the second chapter is the sale?).

Hatoful Boyfriend (-75%) (Visual Novel) (the Holyday Star is also at -75%)

Guilty Gear Xrd (-30%)

One Way Heroics (-75%) (very good light rogue-like).

Notch - Innocent Luna: Eclipsed Sinners (-50%) (Visual Novel)

Higurashi chapter 1 and 2 (-30%) (Kinetic VIsual Novel).

Oblivious Garden (-50%) (Visual Novel)

Blazblue (-80% for Calamity Trigger, -66% Continuum Shift and -25% for Chronophantasma Extended).

*Kinetic Visual Novel is a VN without "choices", but don´t underestimate them, because they can among the best out there.

Hatoful boyfriend is one of 2 games that made me cry. plz everyone play it, and play all the paths you can, and don't be afraid to look up the ones that you don't know how to unlock on your own, because the best stuff only unlocks after you do that.

Hatoful boyfriend is one of 2 games that made me cry. plz everyone play it, and play all the paths you can, and don't be afraid to look up the ones that you don't know how to unlock on your own, because the best stuff only unlocks after you do that.

It's also currently on sale on PS4.

I'd also suggest

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale (75 percent off)

It's grindy as fuck after awhile, and I never made it to the end game content, but it scratched a very similar itch as something like Stardew Valley did for me when I played it.  Well worth it on sale if it seems remotely interesting. 

I liked the concept of Recettear, but the execution was iffy. I'd love a refined version of it. 

I really enjoyed the shop running part of Recettear and really didn't enjoy the dungeon crawling part. For a brief, shining moment my friend and I effectively co-oped the game along that divide, but that's the only time I made any progress.

KOTOR 2 is like $2 right now on steam.

If you haven't got it, it's a great game (although not aged particularly well).