JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

but the badges are already showing... so something is going to happen

IoxVAPj.png

Supposedly it'll start December 22nd, but that's just the word on the street.

A promo banner from Paypal seems to confirm the Dec. 22 start date.  It's supposed to have the same format as the Autumn sale with prices being set for the duration of the sale and no more daily/flash deals.

Sony's X days of Christmas deals at least in Europe look like some weird joke.

Steam sale started today?  Just tried to go to Steam a couple of times and it's totally down due to heavy load.

Firewatch isn't on sale.  #worstsaleever

It is looking like a better sale than the Fall sale though, at least.  Might pick up a few more co-op games, even though we haven't played shit except for warframe for a couple of months now.

Hmm, most of the things on my wish list are at about the same price they were for fall, but I have a bit more money and time right now so that might be good.

Oooh! I've been wanting to pick it up. Hard to argue with that price.

It is depressing to see what I've heard are fairly good games at 50% off before they're even out of Early Access (Darkest Dungeon for instance.)

So, is this really the end of the flash sales? It seems to have been replaced by getting cards from just looking at your "discovery queue", which is strangely generous. I guess since you don't get card from voting on the next flash sale, this makes sense.

Yes, it seems they've gotten rid of flash sales and daily deals. From a notice Valve sent to developers and publishers:

"We'll still be highlighting your top games on the front page for 24-48 hour spans, but those products will stay at their most competitive discount, before and after being featured,"

"It's not a major change, but it does make the sale a lot more valuable for customers, and it allows us to build sale features that recommend your product all sale long, instead of just during its front page feature.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-20-no-flash-or-daily-deals-during-steam-autumn-winter-sales

They took all the fun out of steam sales. Now the only meta game is going on is trying to get a working connection to the store front to buy games.

I definitely prefer this to waiting for sales. I like knowing up front what's going to be on sale and I also just like buying all my games at once rather than doing a bunch of transactions.

I'm pretty sure some games dropped in price during the Steam sale. Could be the publisher 'adjusting' the discount because sales didn't meet the expectations or something.

Anybody else noticed this? For example 2013's Tomb Raider was 4,99 at the beginning of the sale, now the same version is 2,99 - that, or I'm seeing things.

The new meta game is hard as hell. I got about 10 error and 5 "you are not logged in" messages when going through the three discovery queues today.

today was really bad for whatever reason, but i dont mind doing 3 queues a day for ~$.25 of card sales.  combined with other card sales up a few dollars and will get a "crowd-sourced" game, thanks steam users...who want a winter badge?

I'm pretty sure some games dropped in price during the Steam sale. Could be the publisher 'adjusting' the discount because sales didn't meet the expectations or something.

Anybody else noticed this? For example 2013's Tomb Raider was 4,99 at the beginning of the sale, now the same version is 2,99 - that, or I'm seeing things.

I think I saw Might & Magic Heroes VII discount, but now is at normal price...

So far I have picked up Pike & Shot and Fault Milestone chapter 2, maybe I will pick even more VNs....but not much more, because of the several releases this next year, at best maybe Vermintide or Shadow of Mordor or maybe Eisenwald.

I just wish Koei put the dlcs for Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors on sale...

Having checked isthereanydeal.com, Castorp, that definitely happened over the past few days for Tomb Raider 2013... brings the price more in line with Amazon's sale discount, whatever the reason.