JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

GOG's big ol' summer sale kicked off today: http://www.gog.com

The first round includes several LucasArts adventure games. I bought Sam & Max Hit the Road and got a code for Sim City 2000 Special Edition, which I already have. Can I give that away here? Is that acceptable practice?

To clarify, people offering the games sometimes ask for that criteria. Anyone can give games if they want.

To clarify, people offering the games sometimes ask for that criteria. Anyone can give games if they want.

Some people will also ask for certain criteria to be met (like x number of months registered, y number of posts, etc.)

Yay. Thanks.

Not related to games,but the new Humble Comics Bundle is absolutely amazing, and phenomenal value for money. Locke and Key alone is worth the asking price (written by SK's son!)

Amazon is selling the Mayflash Gamecube Controller adapter for Wii U for $12 via Lightning Deals (for only a couple hours). Pretty slick and I know a handful of thumbs recommend it.

Humble Store has Ghostbusters on sale 70% off (that's 2.99€ here in Euroland). If you're not a fan of the movies then this won't turn you on, but it's a lovingly crafted continuation for those who are. It's set in 1992 and was written by Ackroyd and Ramis. It looks, sounds and feels authentic and was a wonderful surprise when I played it last year. I'd heard Murray's performance was lacklustre but I thought he was on great form, and the rest of the cast are impeccable. Jesus, I still get emotional thinking about Harold Ramis. Really recommended.

Humble Store has Ghostbusters on sale 70% off (that's 2.99€ here in Euroland). If you're not a fan of the movies then this won't turn you on, but it's a lovingly crafted continuation for those who are. It's set in 1992 and was written by Ackroyd and Ramis. It looks, sounds and feels authentic and was a wonderful surprise when I played it last year. I'd heard Murray's performance was lacklustre but I thought he was on great form, and the rest of the cast are impeccable. Jesus, I still get emotional thinking about Harold Ramis. Really recommended.

Oh man, I really loved that game.  It's not perfect, but everything else is good enough that I can basically ignore or forgive its problems.  The worst thing about the PC version is that they cut out the multiplayer horde mode.  When I played it on 360, the servers were all empty.  I know if it had MP on the PC version, at least my wife and I could check it out and have some fun. 

In other sale news, Zeno Clash 2 is on sale this week for $2.99.  I've never actually got around to playing 2, and I've heard it's not as good as the first one, but I love Ace Teams games even if they are kind of weird and broken sometimes. 

The Ghostbusters game is great!

Especially because they stole my likeness for the main character (aka, the nameless rookie)!

In other sale news, Zeno Clash 2 is on sale this week for $2.99.  I've never actually got around to playing 2, and I've heard it's not as good as the first one, but I love Ace Teams games even if they are kind of weird and broken sometimes. 

I'm in the same position. I haven't played 2 yet, but I played the first one and it's brilliant, along with the rest of ACE Team's catalogue.

Rumor is that it starts today, right? 

I wonder if they're going to do something with gems again.  I had been tempted to stock up on gems while the price is low.

I've been getting mystery cards from crafting (don't judge me!) and based on last year's sale they'll turn into summer sale cards. Also I've noticed that any item acquired through crafting is trade and market locked until the sale ends "Tradable & Marketable After: 6/18/2015, 6:00:00 AM" which (and this is pure speculation) suggests that there will be some event and this is an attempt to stop people 'gaming' it somehow.

They've been locking some items from being tradeable for a week for awhile now, Gem Sacks are the same way.  Keeps people from trying to stockpile then flip when prices go up.

Everybody says it's starting today and I kinda hope the Steampocalypse starts today just to get over with it. I got a few cheap games on the auctions last year, I hope I'm lucky this year too.

I'm way behind my quota on games purchased versus games beaten, so I doubt I'll participate much this year. Maybe some DLCs go on sale.

I had fun with Borderlands, but it's long (25+ hours), very repetitive and it's got its share of other issues too. For that price I'd recommend it. I think it's most fun in the beginning anyway, so it's low investment in that sense too. Never played BL2 as I didn't like the first one enough, will be giving it a shot now though.

BL2 is much more refined than BL1, it's really much more worth playing. And really, the series shines most when played co-op. That said, both games are solid shooters and that's just enough to keep me going on its own.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/24/fresh-playstation-store-deals-on-battlefield-hardline-and-japanese-classics/

Japanese classics PSN sale in eu.

I'm looking at DS2, MGS 2&3, Castlevania SoTN, Ys: Memories of Celceta and Persona 3 Portable

Any must-haves I'm missing?

Edit: There's also a spend £50 get £10 back if you use paypal. So and extra 20% off if you buy enough.

Final Fantasy: Dissidia Duo Deciem is really good. I would strongly recommend. I also hear that Alter Ronora is good?

Other than that, God Eater? Maybe? I've been wanting to play that one too. I know nothing about it. And Murasama's meant to be good too. Sadly not much of this is on the ps4. :( 

I'm glad I came here, because I didn't know about the Paypal deal.

Has anybody tried the Vita version of Monkey Ball? Will all these offers I'm kinda overwhelmed.  :blink: