JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

This isn't as much a deal as it is a PSA - all the Titanfall maps/season pass are free on PC and Xbox, presumably indefinitely due to the fact that it just crossed it's one-year anniversary since release.

Bot Ace Attourney: Duel Destinies and The Ace Attourney Trilogy are on sale on the 3DS eStore. If you've never played an AA game before, now is time to start!

phoenix-deskslam.gif

Amazing, I've been saving some eShop credit and I thought I was SOL after Trilogy went on sale and I passed it up around the holidays. STOKED

The eShop is also having a WayForward sale, so you can pick up Shantae and their other games cheap.

I'll probably get the AA trilogy too. I don't own the original game anymore. :\

3DS eShop is killing it this week with the deals - all the above plus the Sega 3D Classics on sale. Plus Outrun 3D getting released! Think I'll have to upgrade to a 32gb SD.

I'm debating on the Sega 3D Classics, I own them in other collections, so the 3Dness would be the only new thing added, right? There aren't any other extras?

Alien Isolation is only ~$16 at the Humble Store right now. DO WANT. But also have no times for games right now.

I'm debating on the Sega 3D Classics, I own them in other collections, so the 3Dness would be the only new thing added, right? There aren't any other extras?

Each one has various little bits. For example, in Sonic you can add the spin dash and a CRT style curve to the screen. The arcade games have cabinet view modes and other things. Save States are a boon for me. I can't quite muster enthusiasm for Altered Beast or Ecco but I'd recommend picking up your favourites, if only to support M2.

Oh, they have save states? Then I might get one or two Space Harrier seems like it should be played in 3D at least once. 

Is there a way to buy 3ds eshop games on the Nintendo website or do I have to do it from my 3ds? It won't let me buy Ace Attorney unless I clear up some space first. What the heck Nintendo.

Is there a way to buy 3ds eshop games on the Nintendo website or do I have to do it from my 3ds? It won't let me buy Ace Attorney unless I clear up some space first. What the heck Nintendo.

Of course not. I wish there was, or just to start a download so I can try something when I get home. I know there was talk a while ago of making eshop accessible through a website but I don't think anything has come of that? And it would likely require Nintendo bringing their sad excuse for an account system into modern times.

There are some Nintendo first-party games that can be purchased on the Nintendo website, but it's so rare that I barely ever do it. It is almost equivalent to Xbox/PS online stores in that if you log-in with your NNID it can actually redeem straight to your console, but the availability is a bummer.

despite being a backer i didn't realize Satellite Reign was actually playable now. haha. Forget Kickstarter games never finishing, the problem is more me never remembering to play them. 

Dreamfall is cyberpunk?  :P

Yes, definitely!

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=Telltale

The unfortunately named Gamersgate (predates the unfortunate Goobers of last summer/fall) has the Telltale library on sale if you haven't played the Puzzle Agents which are maybe my favorite pair of games ever? (lookin' at you Sean. They're amazing.)

Highly recommended.

Dammit, after all that fucking about with gems, I could have just waited and saved about 20p and a lot of time getting Dredd Vs Death!

Everybody should grab Anachronox. It's Tom Hall's Psychonauts. It's a marvel in story telling and game design. The main gameplay element is jRPGy, so boring turn based fights. But there is so much gold in this game. It's a shame that the 2nd half has not been created yet.

It looks like you can get Five Nights at Freddy's 2 for free at the Amazon App store. I think I got it from some Android bundle and never touched it... because reasons.  :getmecoat

Everybody should grab Anachronox. It's Tom Hall's Psychonauts. It's a marvel in story telling and game design. The main gameplay element is jRPGy, so boring turn based fights. But there is so much gold in this game. It's a shame that the 2nd half has not been created yet.

For some reason Steam thinks Anachronox is unavailable in my region, so I can't see the "friends who want" / "friends who own" information, though I see people on my Activity Feed buying new copies. Perhaps we could have some sort of game club and play through it more-or-less at the same time. Old timers and newcomers alike. Is that an achievable or even desirable aspiration?

Nice, I recently picked up a PS3 and have been waiting for an excuse to grab a few of those PSN games. If only Journey was on there too, I could knock out most of my list.

Do any of those PS1 classics still hold up?