JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Tanu and Bjorn were both generous enough to offer me 200 gems each, but in the end I didn't need them as I won the penultimate auction by three gems! Judge Dredd is mine, and I only needed to spend £1.44 to get it (5 pence less than its historical low price)!

Tried to bid on Majestic Nights and failed. Immediately turned my gems into sacks and then sold them. What a weird things this has been.

This year's Square Enix mystery preorder. I'm happy with it.

Murdered Soul Suspect was a given, Lara Guardian of Light a probable choice (despite being repeated from the SE Humble Bundle), The Last Remnant a good concession to the requirement for a cult favorite (but again, a repeat), and Thief 2014 a bit of a surprise. It's supposed to be good if you turn off Batman Vision?

Nosgoth and Deus Ex The Fall more than a bit cheeky though.

Anyone in need of 50% discount vouchers for FF III or XIII-2? I'm assuming the 33% off Lara Osiris won't beat or stack with its Steam Daily / Flash deal.

The holiday sale has started, and I actually want one of the flash deals! (FSX came out today, and it's discounted to $5) Unfortunately, the store is down. Yay/boo, all at once?

Anyone have a spare 3 gems I could have? I have **97, which is a pain to get rid of.

Speedrunners is a flash deal which I'm buying immediately. Dark Souls 2 is also tempting at $15, was going to hold out for the PS4 version but I might just grab this now.

Might want to hold out for the DS2 ultimate version that comes with the DLC and other unknown content.

Edit: Oh, I spent most of my gems crafting a Shadowrun: Dragonfall booster, and I got all those gems by recycling my emoticons, since who ever uses steam chat?

Ha ha, I did have 3, but I gave one to Tanu as a joke, so I have 2 gems I could give you, Jon!

On Dark Souls 2, I don't think it's been clarified yet whether there is going to be an upgrade path on PC, or if it will be a new SKU entirely.

On the sale, looks like they backed off on trying to get people to go to the store 3-4 times a day. The community vote is now once a day, instead of 3 times a day and the Flash sales are once every 12 hours instead of every 8 hours.

Dammit, and yet again Obscure 1 and 2 are not on sale. They've never been on sale since I put them on my wishlist.

Ha ha, I did have 3, but I gave one to Tanu as a joke, so I have 2 gems I could give you, Jon!

I'll get back to you on that. Can you even initiate a trade on the Steam website and not in-client?

I'd give you some gems Jon, Steam id is BjornDaDwarf.

Edited to add: Oh hey, one of the votes today is for Neverending Nightmares, which you should totally vote for. It's an interesting game. I'm not entirely sure I like it, but then, I'm not sure it's supposed to be liked. It's weird. But I'd like to see that guy get some more exposure, do well and continue making games.

I'd give you some gems Jon, Steam id is BjornDaDwarf.

Edited to add: Oh hey, one of the votes today is for Neverending Nightmares, which you should totally vote for. It's an interesting game. I'm not entirely sure I like it, but then, I'm not sure it's supposed to be liked. It's weird. But I'd like to see that guy get some more exposure, do well and continue making games.

For some reason I can't find you, tried searching under people and typing that into the steamcommunity.com/id/??? thing and neither worked. 

I made a list of games that I like or that seemed interesting that were both discounted by over 70% and cost less than $5 (because I'm a bit obsessive, and also this is a convenient way to procrastinate). I figured that most of this stuff is too old/small/obscure to get a daily deal, so most of it won't get cheaper...I think. I'll put an asterisk by the stuff I've played and liked.

• VVVVVV* 
  • P.B Winterbottom
  • Retro/Grade
  • BitTrip Runner 2*
  • Poker Night 2
  • Euro Truck Sim 1&2*
  • Dinner Date
  • Dyad
  • Snuggle Truck
  • Some older You Don't Know Jack games*
  • Puzzle Bots
  • Older X-COM games
  • The Legacy of Kain series
  • Strike Suit Zero
  • Kane and Lynch 1&2
  • Audiosurf*
  • Waking Mars
  • The Maw
  • Bionic Commando
  • Quantum Conundrum*
  • Awesomenauts*
  • Thomas Was Alone*
  • Fez*
  • Puzzle Agent 1&2*
  • Deadly Premonition*
  • Terraria*
  • Super Meat Boy*
  • Brothers*
  • Gemini Rue*
  • Shadowrun Returns*
  • Max Payne Series*
  • Blackwell Series* 
  • Zeno Clash 2
  • Teleglitch*
  • Monaco*
  • The Novelist*
  • Hard Reset
  • Joe Danger*
  • Amnesia 1&2*
  • Dark Souls*
  • Civ IV*
  • Antichamber*
  • Most older Telltale series*
  • A Story About My Uncle*

Anyone in need of 50% discount vouchers for FF III or XIII-2?

I'm tempted to check those out, but they probably don't stack with the sale do they?

All Bioshock Games - On sale

All Bioshock Infinite DLC - On sale

Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den DLC - Not on sale

Fuckers.

I'm tempted to check those out, but they probably don't stack with the sale do they?

Doesn't seem likely but who knows, you're welcome to have a go with them if you want! Having checked the Steam store, FF III is already at 33%, XIII-2 and Osiris at 20%, so it could be those voucher amounts are to become their Daily Deal thresholds...

Hmm, I'm somewhat interested in Godus for $5. Did that ever actually come out with the full time line and everything?

Edit: To answer my own question, it appears only two of the promised 7 (or 9?) time periods are in, and Molyneux is already moved to working on a new game. I guess we'll see if work on the old title continues in earnest.

Speedrunners is a flash deal which I'm buying immediately.

I came here to recommend everyone do this. Con some friends into playing with you, buy them copies if you have to. It's excellent fun and latency isn't a huge obstacle for online multi either (I play with people I have ~250ms to and still kick their asses sometimes).

Edit: Haha crap I'm too late. Well... keep an eye on it I guess!  :(

I admit I am tempted to pick up Metal Gear and Revangence, but my video card won´t support them for now (later on I plan to upgrade it) but its most likely I will let it pass. Also I hope Koei put Dynasty Warrior on sale, but this time with the dlc... (what this game have made with me? XD)

By the way, while not on flash sale, many of the Spiderweb games are on sale and they are amazing old school rpgs perfect to play while listening to podcast.

Speaking of Spiderweb games, this week's Weekly Humble Bundle is about RPGs. From the bundle I only know Consortium, which was dreadfully boring Mass Effect like game and Avadon 2.

I remember hearing about Fighting Fantasy games have been ported to pc but had forget about it. Can´t tell about the pc game, but Forest of Doom was a good book, they are even using the original cover, bring some memories.

All Bioshock Games - On sale

All Bioshock Infinite DLC - On sale

Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den DLC - Not on sale

Fuckers.

If you own Bioshock 2 when it had GFWL I'm pretty sure you own Minerva's Den.

If you own Bioshock 2 when it had GFWL I'm pretty sure you own Minerva's Den.

I didn't. I got B2 in the Humble 2K Bundle awhile back. I originally played it on the 360, but never bought Minerva's Den back then.