JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

I think at £2 you could give the PC port a go even. It's absolutely a mess but I was able to play for a good few hours before bugs overwhelmed me and it's a worthwhile experience while you can get it going. Then I recommend watching a let's play from the point you stopped, when the game fully craps out on you.

Sterling recommendations there.

Haha, just thinking that. It was the PC port I was talking about, and crashing bugs are a deal breaker. Still, might watch a Let's Play.

Nice price drop on the Xbox One for about a month.

Starting Nov. 2 all Xbox One bundles and consoles will be $50 cheaper, Microsoft announced this morning. The deal runs until Jan. 3 at participating retailers.

That drops the price of the standalone, Kinect-free console to $349. Bundles will range from $349 to $449.

The deal will be available nationwide at most major retailers, including Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Microsoft Stores, Target, Toys 'R Us and Walmart."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/27/7077223/xbox-one-sale

Hmm, if I could get an Xbox One with Kinect and a Game for $450....

That might not be an option. Most of, if not all of, the console + game bundles are Kinect-less.

Yes! This will be happening less than a week after I get my first real paycheque from the new job! I'll be playing D4 in no time!

Titanfall is $15 on Origin - https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/titanfall/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

I'm vaguely interested in trying the horde-ish 4-player co-op mode, if we could get some Thumbs together.

I have Titanfall but I don't recall there being a coop mode when I last played it. Did they add this to the base game or is it DLC?

I have Titanfall but I don't recall there being a coop mode when I last played it. Did they add this to the base game or is it DLC?

It was recently added to the base game.

I've got a copy of Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs to give away. First person to send me a DM can have it (but please, only if you actually intend to play it)

How's everyone doing on the Steam Halloween Sale? My current shopping basket is:

Eldritch

Year Walk

Bloody Good Time

Overlord

The Novelist (which I am assuming, given it's in the Halloween sale, is actually Ghost Dad: Reloaded)

Sir, You Are Being Hunted (which I already own, but am happy to buy again to get it onto Steam)

How to Survive

The Long Dark

Lots of other good stuff in there that I already have on Steam - and Transistor is also half price this weekend, for non-Halloweeny reasons.

Sir, You Are Being Hunted is one of the games I got from the Steam Sale too.

The rest were...

-Black Mirror trilogy.

-Legacy of Kain bundle

-Sould Gambler

-Day One Garry's Incident 

-Other potentially hilarious bad or awesome games for less than an Euro each.  :getmecoat

If you're hyped like me for Valkyria Chronicles on PC, I believe the current best offer in North America is $13.86 on Green Man. That's with the standard 10% off pre-order discount that Steam's running, plus an additional 23% off using the code BWG00E-QJP45O-INFGR1, which is valid until this Friday. I've been super cheap lately and I think I'm even biting on this one.

I picked that up too even though I won't be able to play it for a while, mostly hoping that if it does well they'll bring over some more of their console games.

Worms Armageddon is 80% off on steam, making it €3, and also $3-4?

It includes online multiplayer, so perhaps if anyone else is up for some wormy Thumbs action we could get a game going.

Worms Armageddon is 80% off on steam, making it €3, and also $3-4?

It includes online multiplayer, so perhaps if anyone else is up for some wormy Thumbs action we could get a game going.

A ton of Team 17 games (including WA) are currently in the Weekly Humble Bundle.

Edited to add: For some reason I thought SBM's post was from today, not a week ago.