JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

If they're not in the daily sale or flash sale, wait!!  You can always wait until the final day of the sale to make sure they're not gonna go cheaper.

I'm looking to snag some fighters when they go on sale. Mostly Street Fighter and maybe King of Fighters. Probably Injustice and Mortal Kombat even though I realllllly don't like the 13 year old's notebook sketches aesthetics of them, but my friends play them a lot because they are easier than SF.

Other games I want for <$10 Dishonoured, Xcom ( really wish it had the DLC in it though), and I'm not sure what else. I think I'll drop like $30 into steam this weekend and have that be my absolute hard limit.

First big sale since I got a real computer. I'm scared.

I'm looking to snag some fighters when they go on sale. Mostly Street Fighter and maybe King of Fighters. Probably Injustice and Mortal Kombat even though I realllllly don't like the 13 year old's notebook sketches aesthetics of them, but my friends play them a lot because they are easier than SF.

Other games I want for <$10 Dishonoured, Xcom ( really wish it had the DLC in it though), and I'm not sure what else. I think I'll drop like $30 into steam this weekend and have that be my absolute hard limit.

First big sale since I got a real computer. I'm scared.

Xcom: Complete (all DLC) is a current Daily Deal at $16.49. 

Last summer was the first big sale after building both my wife and I new machines, I went way over budget. 

Dear Bethesda,

Please make the Skyrim Legendary Ed. super, super cheap. I feel like it's the least you can do after I bought the PS3 version at launch and suffered through your game-destroying metastasizing game-save bug.

Or, you know, Wolfenstein for $40.

Kindest Regards,

Archie

Black Hole, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Ripley's Believe It or Not, and Theatre of Magic are all 1 cent if you purchase them inside of the Steam version of Pinball Arcade.

I feel bad for not already owning The Witcher 2 but I don't have the time for most of those long games anymore.  Still have to have it though and have some Steam Wallet cash.  

I feel bad for any new releases next week though.  GRID Autosport is something I was considering picking up depending on the reaction and reviews.  Seems like that's the sort of thing that gets buried since it doesn't have a massive discount next to it.

You save 5 % off The Witcher 3 if you own The Witcher 2, so if you are planning to buy The Witcher 3 then The Witcher 2 is more or less free right now.

Day 2 of sales are live! State of Decay at $5 is pretty slick, Walking Dead S2 at $12.50 and Prison Architect at $10.19 aren't too bad either. The current community's choice is actually pretty good, Bulletstorm for $5 and Call of Juarez Gunslinger at $3.75 are both highly recommended. I'm voting for cyberpunk in the next one, want my wife to try Shadowrun Returns and $3.75 is a steal for it.

Does WD:S2 import any decisions from S1?  I played S1 on the 360, and don't really want to replay it on PC, but would feel compelled to if there was any continuity with decisions.

I'll definitely take Shadowrun Returns at that price.

Day 2 of sales are live! State of Decay at $5 is pretty slick, Walking Dead S2 at $12.50 and Prison Architect at $10.19 aren't too bad either. The current community's choice is actually pretty good, Bulletstorm for $5 and Call of Juarez Gunslinger at $3.75 are both highly recommended. I'm voting for cyberpunk in the next one, want my wife to try Shadowrun Returns and $3.75 is a steal for it.

How is Bulletstorm?  I've been in the mood for a shooter lately, dumb or otherwise.  I don't care if it's mindless as long as the gameplay is fun.

I also voted cyberpunk.

How is Bulletstorm?  I've been in the mood for a shooter lately, dumb or otherwise.  I don't care if it's mindless as long as the gameplay is fun.

The gameplay is fun.

Dynasty Warriors 8 is 50% off, but if you own the PS3 and Vita, their version had a permanent price drop to 19.99€, so I'd only recommend this if you don't own any other system that can play this game. 

Phew I don't want anything from the main sale today. Well I'm sort of passively interested in Dynasty Warriors because I feel obligated to play one of those games some day, but I'm waiting until Hyrule Warriors for that.

Does WD:S2 import any decisions from S1?  I played S1 on the 360, and don't really want to replay it on PC, but would feel compelled to if there was any continuity with decisions.

I lost my S1 save when my PS3 crash so I've been looking for a way to make a new save on PC for season 2. After the game went on sale today, I searched again and found this reddit thread. It isn't perfect, but it will probably be good enough for me. 

I think it's finally time to grab State of Decay. I was tempted by Dynasty Warriors, so thanks for the tip Tanukitsune.

W2 does import saves/decisions if you saved them.  also you can get 20% off W3 on gog.com if you own 1&2.

I think WD is Walking Dead, not Witcher. If I am correct then yes it does import decisions. Not sure exactly what that entails but it affects things.

I think it's finally time to grab State of Decay. I was tempted by Dynasty Warriors, so thanks for the tip Tanukitsune.

It's only 5€ cheaper, and the PS3 version isn't the "Complete Edition", but the Vita one is... it's kinda weird, but yeah, it's cheaper on PSN.

Logged into Steam to vote, and realized there is this whole team/competition thing about which I have absolutely no idea what it is, how it works or anything. 

Bought Shadowrun, pretty happy that more than a day into the sale I've only bought one thing.

Which team are you on, Bjorn?

Came pretty close to Shadowrunning before reminding myself that there's no way I'm making it to the other side of Backlog Mountain before the Winter Sale.

Do the teams reset each day or what? Purple is still way too much in the lead, not that it matters since I doubt I'd get a prize if my team won. :P

Is it me, or do people consistently overstate the value proposition of the Steam sale? I'm not seeing a lot of 75% discounts here - the best it gets is 50%, which is good, but it's not 75%/90% off raining from the sky. I'm also pretty uncomfortable with their whole trading card thing.

Edit: okay, it's my wishlist that's got the okay discounts, and the ones people are remembering are on the front page.

I've bought 3 games so far, two of which where 75% off! then dark souls 2 which was 33% (understandable for a new game). I've only spent as much as ds2 would be full price. So I'm happy.