JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

I used to be able to easily give away the extras, but so many of the people I know who game also buy the bundles, or have a lot of them already, so even gifting them takes more effort than it's worth.  When I do buy a bundle, I've just taken to putting the extra copies onto my wife's Steam account for cards if they have them. 

I was tempted by Monkey Island, but apparently GOG only has the version with no Earl Boen in Ep1 and sound issues in Ep 2...

Wooo, Puppeteer at 7 bucks is a lock for me.

Has anyone tried Rain? Was it any good?

Indie Gala is probably my least favourite bundle site just due to their busy and ugly site design. That said, they do have some pretty good bundles sometimes. The current deal is $5.20 for a handful of potentially-interesting Steam indie games, but, more importantly, they just added Deadly Premonition. Consider buying it for that game alone; $5 is 80% off normal price, and 50% off even the recent holiday sale!

Also, the latest Humble Weekly, featuring Bohemia Interactive, is great. I usually like to just mess around in their games, which makes it hard to justify paying full price. Here there's 8 games for $6. Sadly the expansion to Take On Helicopters, Take On Helicopters: Hinds, is not included.

This is a great chance to get DP if someone doesn't know if it will be a game they enjoy.  Unfortunately I tend to think that IG bundles are mostly crap with one good game in them (maybe one good game, if that).

There's a bundle of four PS3/Vita Cross-Buy games for $14.99/£11.99/€14.99 (less for PS+ subscribers) available on both US and EU PSN. The games are Lone Survivor, Thomas Was Alone, Proteus, and Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark. Anyone who's had PS+ for the last few months already has at least one of these, but it's still a pretty damn good deal for some sweet indie games. The discount hasn't kicked in yet on the EU store, but as soon as it does I'll be buying this just on the off chance I get a Vita anytime soon.

Not quite a video game deal, but a decent deal nonetheless for anyone looking to get into PC gaming that doesn't want to fuss with buying individual components - http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1544130

• AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Six-Core Desktop Processor FD6300WMHKBOX
  • MSI 970A-G46 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
  • XFX Core Edition FX-785A-CNL4 Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model BLS8G3D1339DS1S00
  • Crucial M500 120GB SATA 2.5" 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter) Internal Solid State Drive CT120M500SSD1
  • Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
  • RAIDMAX Cobra RX-500AF-B 500W ATX 12V v2.3/EPS 12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Power Supply
  • GIGABYTE GZ-G1 Plus GZ-G1SGS Black ABS / Mesh/ 0.6 mm SGCC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

​All for $594.99 or $564.99 after rebate.

Are all the King's Bountry games equally good? I know Lord Remo tlaks them up fairly often on the cast. A bunch are on sale on GOG for another 11 hours. should I grab the newest? Crossroads? 

Not quite a video game deal, but a decent deal nonetheless for anyone looking to get into PC gaming that doesn't want to fuss with buying individual components - http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1544130

That's very close to being what both my wife and I's systems are (we have slightly better video cards).  They are both terrific machines.

Are all the King's Bountry games equally good? I know Lord Remo tlaks them up fairly often on the cast. A bunch are on sale on GOG for another 11 hours. should I grab the newest? Crossroads? 

I love them, really some of my favorite PC games of all time.  That said, they are easy to burn out on.  I couldn't finish the most recent one (Warriors of the North).  It just felt like it was never going to end.  But I still enjoyed the time I played it and may go back some day.

I'd suggest buying the first one, The Legend, if you only want to buy one.  They make some minor changes/improvements in each sequel, but nothing huge.  And The Legend by far has the funniest stuff in the entire series.  And each of the following ones makes consistent references to The Legend.  You'll still understand the story, but there are a ton of references you won't understand.  And the second game's story is built around the princess actually going out to find the hero from the first game, who has mysteriously disappeared.  The protagonist changes in each game.

I'd suggest buying the first one, The Legend, if you only want to buy one.  They make some minor changes/improvements in each sequel, but nothing huge.  And The Legend by far has the funniest stuff in the entire series.

Primed by the expectation that The Legend contains unexpected humour, I misread its Steam description as "In a fairy tale fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages, wise kings and beautiful princesses the player controls a horse."

Primed by the expectation that The Legend contains unexpected humour, I misread its Steam description as "In a fairy tale fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages, wise kings and beautiful princesses the player controls a horse."

Somewhere in the world, Peter Molyneux just broke out in a sweat with the thought, "What if it was a game where you played the hero's horse...?"

Hm, I'm pretty sure there was some sort of Double Fine Bundle before? Are they just going to add Broken Age?

Hm, I'm pretty sure there was some sort of Double Fine Bundle before? Are they just going to add Broken Age?

Yeah, Psychonauts was in the Humble Indie Bundle V, Brütal in the Humble Indie Bundle 9, and then there was the DF Bundle which had Psychonauts, Costume Quest, Stacking, then Brutal Legend + Amnesia Fortnight prototypes for better than average payments. Top tiers were Broken Age pre-orders.

It could be a bundle curated by DF rather than exclusive to its back catalogue. Seems a bit early for Broken Age unless there'll be a limited number of cheap copies (as with Starbound in HIB X). Spacebase is still in early access.... then there's The Cave (but Sega), Dropchord, and Autonomous. Massive Chalice slacker backer? Some 2 Player Productions documentary material?

But probably almost definitely certainly an Amnesia Fortnight 2014. You don't have to say anything if it's true, Mr Remo. Just quietly slide your name into the "user(s) reading this topic" box below...

I doubt they're adding Broken Age. That would be such a terrible move so close to release and after the flak they caught launching it.

Hmm, Amnesia Fortnight 2 Electric Boogaloo seems more logical, but shouldn't it also have prototypes of existing DF games too?

Yeah, Psychonauts was in the Humble Indie Bundle V, Brütal in the Humble Indie Bundle 9, and then there was the DF Bundle which had Psychonauts, Costume Quest, Stacking, then Brutal Legend + Amnesia Fortnight prototypes for better than average payments. Top tiers were Broken Age pre-orders.

It could be a bundle curated by DF rather than exclusive to its back catalogue. Seems a bit early for Broken Age unless there'll be a limited number of cheap copies (as with Starbound in HIB X). Spacebase is still in early access.... then there's The Cave (but Sega), Dropchord, and Autonomous. Massive Chalice slacker backer? Some 2 Player Productions documentary material?

But probably almost definitely certainly an Amnesia Fortnight 2014. You don't have to say anything if it's true, Mr Remo. Just quietly slide your name into the "user(s) reading this topic" box below...

Ding-ding-ding! 

https://www.humblebundle.com/doublefine

I'm going to be very sad if "Timagotchi" doesn't win... Also Tim eats a "Hoagie"? DAY OF THE TENTACLE 2 CONFIRMED!