~evil laugh~ good.  good.

I have bought:

Ys Collection

Tomb Raider Collection

Max Payne 3 Complete

Guacamelle!

Risk of Rain

Papers Please

Been on the fence about a couple of things.  For some reason payday 2 seems to be HUGE on PC and I cannot for the life of me figure out why.  It seems cool, but multiplayer games have a habit of going south fast for no reason. Also DMC keeps whispering to me...

My Humble Bundle backlog cycle will continue until the Googlypse so I've bought precisely zero in the Steam sale. John Lewis said their 'suppliers' have run out of £150 Wii Us so they cancelled my order. So my purchases so far this holiday season have been limited to The Last of Us on PSN for £20.

Anyone know if I can get Dark Souls to work for me, living in Romania even if the game is region locked on steam?  I mean I want to trade for it, but I'm not sure if I can activate it here , or if I can play the multiplayer part without any problems. I'm also interested to know if anyone knows why GFWL banned Romania.

Hmm... this SNOW game having a flash sale currently seems interesting http://store.steampowered.com/app/244930/ but it's free-to-play (WTF does that mean when you pay for it?) and open world but is it likely that it'll just have you either paying for content or missing out on it later? Not sure after reading the description.

Has anyone here played Might & Magic Heroes VI? It just hit the Steam sale, and as someone who basically grew up on Heroes II and III, I'm really tempted to get this one.

Today's steam sale is fantastic. Get Swapper, Get Spelunky. Get Brothers. Get Torchlight 2. MAAAAAAYBE get deadlight. Wasn't a huge fan.

Has anyone here played Might & Magic Heroes VI? It just hit the Steam sale, and as someone who basically grew up on Heroes II and III, I'm really tempted to get this one.

I don't remember much of it except that I didn't like it - but in the absence of anyone else coming forward; you'd be better off passing, and reinstalling HoMMIII or something like Age of Wonders if you want to scratch that itch.

I'm again tempted to get New Vegas, but decided not to -- even though I enjoyed Fallout 3 hugely, maybe too hugely -- I don't feel like I want more of it (only got one DLC even), And also Mass Effect 2 -- don't feel like getting into that series this late and I didn't enjoy the first game much.

How about Broken Sword 5?

Yeah, I was wondering about Broken Sword 5 too, a lot of people Kickstarted it, but nobody seems to saying much about it. I think it's on sale on PSN too? You can get both episodes on Vita for 18€.

New Vegas is indeed much better than Fallout 3. Fallout 3 is quite linear.

Broken Sword 5 part 1 is ok. It's much like the previous broken sword games. The game is up to the part where the mysterious stuff starts. The puzzles are not really complex.

Mass Effect 2... I don't remember much from it anymore.

How about Broken Sword 5?

It plays like the first two games and at least the first episode was fine. Not mind-blowing by any means but I had fun with it.

I continue to be hugely disappointed by the clusterfuck which is the Mass Effect franchise on Steam. You can get the first game with the DLC, and the second game without the DLC, but not the third. Also you need an account on the Bioware system for it, apparently?

I hate this. Look, it's so simple. I want a package containing three games with all of the DLC released, and I am willing to pay more than the average sale amount for that. But since I can't, I have only a resounding «fuck you» to offer them for making this so convoluted and impossible to obtain. I'd rather not play the game than have an incomplete version that I'm forced to jump through hoops to play.

"Ok" and "Fine" to me translates to "33% off is not enough". :P

Does the starting price factor in this in any way?  :)

You can probably blame it on EA's Origin, is EA releasing anything on Steam at all? I know ME 3 and Sim City aren't on it, that's for sure.

Does the starting price factor in this in any way?  :)

I depends on how big my backlog is, how interested I am in the game, how much I've spent that month. If I really want a game and it's not too expensive, I will pay full price. If it's a game I'm mildly interested in, I'll wait.

I still haven't bought Telltale's Fables game and Walking Dead season 2 just came out and I would have bought them if it weren't the constant sale-pocalypses and Nintendo releasing all the good games more or less at once.

So... I guess not? It's the Steam-pocalypse, I'm already going to buy a ton of games, so I better just get the ones that have a big discount that I care about. Broken Sword is fairly priced, but like I said, STEAM-POCALYPSE! 

I continue to be hugely disappointed by the clusterfuck which is the Mass Effect franchise on Steam. You can get the first game with the DLC, and the second game without the DLC, but not the third. Also you need an account on the Bioware system for it, apparently?

I hate this. Look, it's so simple. I want a package containing three games with all of the DLC released, and I am willing to pay more than the average sale amount for that. But since I can't, I have only a resounding «fuck you» to offer them for making this so convoluted and impossible to obtain. I'd rather not play the game than have an incomplete version that I'm forced to jump through hoops to play.

The most hilarious part is they have a "Mass Effect Collection" on Steam even though it's not really collecting everything. I sort of wish Valve would bring down the hammer a bit more with this sort of stuff, companies like EA want to have their fingers in all the pies while having their cake and eating it. Metaphorically speaking.

I don't think Valve is particularly interested in bringing down the hammer at all, hence the "Mass Effect Collection" that does little more than collect whatever is available on Steam and say "here is what we've got!". Mass Effect 3 requires the Origin client to run, so it's not on Steam. Valve still wants to sell games, because they still get a cut. Valve's only solution for bringing the hammer is delisting, and there's essentially no benefit to doing so as it's not going to get ME3 onto Steam.

I personally just wish that EA would move a little closer to Ubisoft, which includes a version of their client with every game but still sells their stuff on Steam. It's clearly an imperfect solution, but one that lets me still manage all of my library through Steam.

New Vegas is way better than Fallout 3.

Is this true even if one generally dislikes Obsidian games? The only thing of theirs I think is really good is NWN2:MotB

Is this true even if one generally dislikes Obsidian games? The only thing of theirs I think is really good is NWN2:MotB

It really depends on what you dislike about Obsidian games. If you disliked KOTOR2 because it felt undone but enjoyed KOTOR2 for all the things that made KOTOR1 good, this is like that (relative to FO3) except that it feels way more complete. There is still some bugginess involved in some number of questlines (particularly intersecting ones), but it felt no more buggy or odd than Bethesda bugginess.