JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Legend of Dungeon is only $1.49 right now in the current flash sale. It's best described as a roguelike beat 'em up. I've had a ton of fun with it so far. Has support for local co-op too if you've got your PC hooked up to a TV.

Am I the only one that feels uncomfortable when seeing huge discounts on "Early Access Games"? I don't even like that they call them that when it's really you paying for being a Beta Tester.

I saw Ubisoft's Epic Loot game in a flash sale and definitely felt weird.

Interrupting Steam Sale news with a tip for UK readers! Follow Jake VG Rodkin down the Wii U Rabbit hole for £149.99.

http://www.johnlewis.com/nintendo-wii-u-8gb-basic-pack-with-new-super-mario-bros-u-mario-mascot-and-8gb-sd-card-white/p231817620

That includes New Super Mario Bros. To trade in for 3D World. Plus a Mario mascot keychain for the video games connoisseur. Plus an 8gb SD card for the lulz.

I couldn't resist.

Edit. This is the white 8gb version. I prefer the white and if you're downloading more than a thimbleful of eShop games you're gonna need a bigger boat external drive even if you're packing a massive 32gbs.

Dang. I was hoping AssPirate would be on sale this weekend... I would really like to play it during Christmas, but don't really want to play the full price.

You can get 20 - 25 % off most titles at Green Man Gaming most of the time with their voucher code, so if your only criterion is that you don't want to play the full price, maybe you should check that out. :)

I almost bought it, but the rotating mechanic seems to be done better in And Yet It Moves.

Does anybody vouche for Eldritch?

I set my alarm to wake up before the flash sale which starts after I go to bed ended. So I did buy The Bridge. I played the demo a while ago, and it was ok (puzzles can be quite frustrating), but didn't find it worth the price tag back then.

Hmm, it looks Persona 4 Golden and Last of Us and 50% off at the EU PSN store, I'm pretty sure that's going to be best deal unless you wait for a price reduction and then you wait until it does on sale again, right?

Slightly off topic, but related to the Flash sales on Steam: luckily I tried Solar 2 demo before buying it: worst demo ever! The game underneath seems ok, but the demo keeps nagging you in a very stupid way to get the full game. But hey, my problem with the demo was that I did not understand how to progress (from small star to medium) so I was trying to find whether I wanted the full game or not. Instead of helping me get an idea of what the game is it kept nagging me.

Solar is frustrating with its weird quest like thingies. I got via a humble bundle. The beginning works out ok, but after that progression really stagnates.

Murasma Rebirth and many other games are for sale at the EU PSN store, it's an early January sale according to them!

So far I've bought Fez and Far Cry 3. However, there was a problem with my uPlay account and Ubisoft have yet to get back to me so I haven't really played Far Cry 3. I was holding out on Rogue Legacy but that seems to have back fired as they've reduced the % off. I'm planning on getting Fall Out New Vegas: Ultimate Edition which is currently at 40%, which is a pretty great deal, but Steam sales have ruined me as I feel like I could wait it out until the 3rd of January and get a better bargain. Let's blame it all on Valve. Damn you Valve and your ridiculously good deals! 

What do other people have on their non-commital wish list? 

I'll probably buy Shelter if it wins the current vote (which it probably won't) just for the art style alone. I also want to get Skyrim but the £18 asking price for the Ultimate Edition seems a bit steep as I've heard the DLC is pretty naff. I might just buy the plain ol' version for £7.50. My dream would be for Enemy Within to get a big cut, but I doubt that'll happen saying as it came out so recently. 

Who knows, those Sherlock Adventure games tend to be pretty bad and the Hacker games aren't very popular. At least it's not competing against a Minecraft clone, no matter how bad it is, the Minecraft clone ALWAYS wins, 

Steam sale rules:

- don't buy a game during the sale when it's not in the daily sale or flash sale (only at the end)

- unless you want to play it within 3 months, don't buy games below 60% off (DLC rarely goes above 50% off)

So far I haven't bought a lot. My game collection is already quite huge and there isn't much stuff I'm really interested in.

Additional rule:

- Unless you want to play it within 2 years, don't buy a game that costs above 10 €.

What are these rules?

Murasma Rebirth and many other games are for sale at the EU PSN store, it's an early January sale according to them!

There's a pretty enormous number of things in this sale. It's a real shame that the storefront is so slow and awkward compared with, say, Steam. The percentage discounts aren't even displayed anywhere; some things are amazingly good value while others are nothing special.

My picks from this sale (games I was interested in, that I didn't already own via PS+, that are never going to be released on PC, and actually had a decent discount) are:

• The Last of Us - 60% off - AU$35.96
  • Burnout Crash - 60% off - AU$5.78
  • Ni no Kuni - 67% off - AU$11.86

-Unless you want to play it before the Google-BigDog-Pocalypse, buy it ASAP, because money will be worthless after the downfall of mankind... Or until it's 75% off, that's sounds pretty fair. :deranged:

Well Shelter won with a landslide perentage of 34% vs 33% and 33%. I'll snap up that bargain of a deal right now.

PLEASE DISCOUNT ENEMY WITHIN. I SO DESPERATELY NEED A REASON TO PLAY XCOM AGAIN. 

Well Shelter won with a landslide perentage of 34% vs 33% and 33%. I'll snap up that bargain of a deal right now.

PLEASE DISCOUNT ENEMY WITHIN. I SO DESPERATELY NEED A REASON TO PLAY XCOM AGAIN.

If Shelter had some sort of Binding of Isaac-esque unofficial competitive multiplayer I would badger it up right now as well.

Maybe it does. Or maybe we could usher in the new era of "SHOILER". I bet you 300 of my unflagging-forever-secure English Pounds to a wheelbarrow of which ever puny currency you wager in that I can get all 5 badgers to the end in less than 0.212423686940222222222222222222 nanoseconds.  

Speaking of hax, looks like Steam is having trouble at the moment so SHOILER might have to wait a while. Valve can generate interest from my Trading Card monies for a moment longer then.

I got Super Hexagon for 29 cents which is less than I've been getting for each trading card I sell.

I was so hoping Kentucky Route Zero would be voted instead :( I've been waiting this entire sale for it to drop below 15!!!

So far I've bought

The Walking Dead Season 1 (going to replay it for Season 2)

Super Hexagon (because 29 cents)

Antichamber

Sword and Sworcery PC (but I got that on Humble)

and Machinarium

I'm really hoping Frozen Synapse drops just a LITTLE bit more (i'm cheap, sue me), I just found it (I wasn't a PC gamer in 2011) and I have been playing the demo like crazy. Super stoked to play it.