JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

I ended up getting Unity of Command because Troy Goodfellow knows what game is. I hope I'm smart enough to enjoy it.

I just noticed that if you scroll to the bottom of the Steam store front page, it's upside down.  It also says Spring Sale 2013 but has Nov. 27-Dec 3 as the dates.  If you click on the Featured Items button, the page flips and everything else becomes upside down.  If you click one of the other buttons, it takes you to the page, but flipped.  I feel like this means something.

If you live in Australia, the background image is flipped. We have Spring Sale up the top and Autumn Sale on the bottom of the world.

It is the best.

That did occur to me.  I guess I just thought that different regions would have a different store homepage.  Plus I was confused by everything getting flipped when you click on the link.

In the past, the sales have been giving Northern Hemisphere season titles regardless of where you live (I'm in Australia). This is the first time they've varied it. By default it comes up with Spring Sale for me, but clicking on Featured Items at the bottom flips it around.

Thought some of you might like to know the Crusader Kings II Collection is 20 bucks at the Humble Store right now. Been waiting for it to drop in price for ages. On that note, it's probably already been mentioned, but setting notifications on CheapShark when a game drops below a certain price is super handy, would've missed this otherwise.

Thought some of you might like to know the Crusader Kings II Collection is 20 bucks at the Humble Store right now. Been waiting for it to drop in price for ages. On that note, it's probably already been mentioned, but setting notifications on CheapShark when a game drops below a certain price is super handy, would've missed this otherwise.

Fair warning that the "completeness" of that bundle is at least six months out of date, since it's missing The Old Gods, Sons of Abraham, and both their assorted cosmetic DLC packs. You still get a full game, but if you pick it up, you might want to keep an eye on Steam for when the rest of the DLC drops in price during the inevitable Steam holiday sale.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm kind of going in with the assumption that I'll be utterly overwhelmed with content as it is, so I'll see how I go.

If you live in Australia, the background image is flipped. We have Spring Sale up the top and Autumn Sale on the bottom of the world.

It is the best.

In the past, the sales have been giving Northern Hemisphere season titles regardless of where you live (I'm in Australia). This is the first time they've varied it. By default it comes up with Spring Sale for me, but clicking on Featured Items at the bottom flips it around.

Cool.  It's nice to see Valve doing little things like that.

Dishonored GOTY is currently a whopping 92% off on Steam. Feeling glad I didn't take the plunge at a mere 66% a couple days ago.

Edit: Aaaaaand gone. Probably a storefront mistake. Must be my lucky day!

Dishonored GOTY is currently a whopping 92% off on Steam. Feeling glad I didn't take the plunge at a mere 66% a couple days ago.

It lasted all of one or two minutes. Meh.

I think they messed up a few things this time, I think Saints Row 4 had a smaller discount before, but now it's bigger and the same price? SR 4 wasn't 80€ before, right? Steam is totally glitching out! XD

Steam sales often glitch with packages are involved. There never was a 92% off. The actual store page usually lists the correct price.

Steam sales often glitch with packages are involved. There never was a 92% off. The actual store page usually lists the correct price.

In this case it was actually a full 92% discount. I got it at that price and it looks like I'm not alone according to the game's Steam forum.

If your a iOS user there's some nice deals about, Battle of the Bulge, Pandemic the Board game, Phoenix Wright all have nice reductions. And World of Goo is free.

I'm tempted to get the new Amnesia game, but seeing that almost nobody in my friend's list has it is discouraging. I'm also debating whether to get Shadowrun Returns, I'm not a fan a strategy, but at a "squad" level I do seem to enjoy them more.

The thing is, I heard it's better to wait for the DLC expansion since it's adding features like saving wherever you want instead of just autosaves. :|

I'm tempted to get the new Amnesia game, but seeing that almost nobody in my friend's list has it is discouraging.

Personally I think you won't miss much if you don't play it. It's ok, but definitely not as good as the first one.

I almost bought Anodyne, before I realized I already had it from the Humble Android + PC bundle that I originally only got for Ticket to Ride

All three of those games are excellent and should be purchased. Also, Rocksmith 2014 is cheap on Steam. That shit is fantastic, if you have the right equipment.

FlatOut 1 is only 1,74€ on Steam! Just bought it to get a digital copy. Also FlatOut 2 is on sale and there's a whole FlatOut Complete pack for 9,99€ , but I hear the 3rd one is not good (by a different developer). Note: FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage is a PC version of an Xbox remake of FlatOut 2. I think I haven't played it yet, but I think it's very similar to 2, but supposedly improved in some way.

I would really recommend at least the original to anyone who plays racing games. I think it was (one of?) the first to introduce physics with destructible scenery into racing games. Playing MotorStorm reminded me of FlatOut a bit. There's a lot less going on on screen than in MotorStorm, and car damage is more final, but the cool physics element is there. And the AI is actually challenging and doesn't seem like it's obviously rubber-banding (don't remember if it is somewhat or not).

Anyone else misinterpret the Steam sale thing and assume that there was one day left (today)? Seemed a little oblique to me, especially since the countdown timers still read "XX:XX until new deals!" even just yesterday.

So, how about some damage reports? How did you guys do this Black Friday season?

Games:

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition [Online Game Code] - $5.99

BEYOND: Two Souls - $5.00

Far Cry 3 [Online Game Code] - $7.49

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - PS3 [Digital Code] - $34.99 (Totally lame, this just went on sale on Amazon today for $30)

The Wolf Among Us Episode 1: Faith - PS3 [Digital Code] - $0.00 (On the bright side, got this free with my AC4 purchase)

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers - Nintendo 3DS - $9.99

The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn DLC - $9.99

The Stanley Parable - $8.99

Magic 2014 - Duels of the Planeswalkers - $4.99

Kentucky Route Zero - $12.49

Gran Turismo 5 - $7.99

Gears of War: Judgment - $7.99

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary - $12.99

Zone of the Enders HD Collection - $12.99

Movies:

The Dark Knight Rises [blu-ray] - $3.96

Skyfall (Blu-ray/ DVD + Digital Copy) - $7.99

Star Trek Into Darkness (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) - $7.99

Other stuff:

Logitech HD Portable 1080p Webcam C615 with Autofocus - $34.99 (for YouTube/streaming stuff)

Logitech Wireless Marathon Mouse M705 With 3-year Battery Life - $24.99

Mohu MH-110503 Refurbished Leaf Ultimate HDTV Antenna - $37.50

Litter Genie Plus Cat Litter Disposal System with Odor Free Pail System, White - $9.20

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia - $12.24