JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Do you have to pay again over the average? Like, if you paid $1 the first time can you pay the current average minus the $1 you originally paid, or what?

Yes, you're right, you can top up your original payment to beat the new average.

It just closes the loophole of getting the second week Beat The Average games by paying only $1 in the first week and then not having to top up at all.

I always suspected there was some loophole with the charity aspect which meant that publishers could write off "sales" of their games through Humble Bundle as donations, since they aren't forcing the consumer to give them any specifically sized cut of the sale.

Hmm, parts of the Steam website are blocked at work and that link looks like a mess. Could you give me the elevator summary of what Gun Monkeys is?

Hmm, parts of the Steam website are blocked at work and that link looks like a mess. Could you give me the elevator summary of what Gun Monkeys is?

Monkeys with guns. :-D

Alright Thumbs.

Who's up for splitting a Borderlands 2 four-pack? I nabbed one off GamersGate for supercheapsies. Steam redeemable, of course.

Downside: it's the base game only. Doesn't contain any of the DLC - no pre-order bonus, extra characters, funny and pensive expansions, multitudinous skins and billions of hot-swappable heads and glolden keyz.

Upside: it's super flippin' bananas in a pancake cheap. Like, 2.5 eurodollars cheap.

I was going to wait for the Ultimate GOTY Compleat Compendium but at this price, all that extra gubbins can go on sale later.

Borderlands 2 is old enough that the Season Pass often goes on sale at the same time/rate the base game is on sale. For instance, if Borderlands 2 is 75% off in the next Steam sale, it's likely that the season pass will also be discounted 75% to $7.50 (or whatever the EU funny money amounts to).

So there's a Steam Halloween sale, apparently. I picked up Mercenary Kings, Spelunky, and Monster Loves You for about $23 total.

I picked up Atom Zombie Smasher and Sid Meier's Pirates! for a little under $5.

People should get Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines! It's great, and like KOTOR 2 it's in perpetual fan development. Some guy restored a bunch of cut content, and has been regularly patching it for years. 

Isn't Mercenary Kings still in early access? It's been in early access forever now. :|

yep, but cheap enough I don't particularly mind. (there was a quicklook on giant bomb that looked pretty playable despite its early access status)

If anyone ever spots Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic going cheap anywhere, please let me know! I keep missing it by hours.

I've got myself into a place where I'm not buying games I want because I've got a backlog of Humble Bundle to get through. Papers Please, Skulls of the Shogun, Cart Life, The Stanley Parable, Papa & Yo, Gone Home - they're gonna end up in an upcoming bundle before I've got through *checks Steam*... Brutal Legends, Fez, FTL, Little Inferno and Trine 2, not to mention a half dozen randoms. And listening to an old podcast episode just inspired me to pick up Beatles Rockband off ebay with the drums, bass and mic. Too much game.

And I've just added the WB Humble Bundle to the list. Batmans, FEARs, Scribblenauts.

Edited by dartmonkey

This weeks Humble Weekly Bundle is Daedalic Ent.: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

It's a German adventure game company, their games are quite enjoyable. All the games I've played are "3rd generation" adventure games, and with that I mean, purely mouse based with either view or action commands (and inventory combinations) (1st generation = text; 2nd generation is 9 commands; 2.5 generation is command wheel)

Deponia is ok. (I still have to finish the 2nd game). I liked the "A New Beginning" and "Chains of Satiniva" games more. But that's mostly theme/story related as the gameplay is mostly the same in all those adventure games.

Deponia's pretty funny. It's also pretty stereotypical. Exactly what you'd expect from a game starring a lazy dumb selfish dude chasing after a pretty woman.

A New Beginning and Chains of Satinav are very nice looking games. The former has a very smack-you-in-the-face propaganda sorta message to it and still managed to be enjoyable, and the latter is a typical fantasy sorta story and still managed to be enjoyable.

Harvey's New Eyes has the most atrocious art style, but I found myself enjoying the game nonetheless. It's very genuine in its overtly cartoonish-but-still-grotesque violence. I don't know.

I binged on all of those games at once when I got the bizarre urge to play through all the adventure games in my Steam account. I'd say they're all pretty much on par in terms of gameplay. Just depends on what you prefer theme-wise (like elmuerte said).

The Whispered World, Journey of the Roach, and the two Shakespeare games, though, I have not played.