JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Big Origin sale happening right now.

I've never bought anything from Origin before and I don't normally pay attention to it. How common are sales? Is this the cheapest Mass Effect 3 will likely get in the foreseeable future?

I hate buying things if I don't know when I'll get to playing them, but I know I want this game EVENTUALLY and this may be the best price it's ever gonna be. So I'm torn.

Big Origin sale happening right now.

I've never bought anything from Origin before and I don't normally pay attention to it. How common are sales? Is this the cheapest Mass Effect 3 will likely get in the foreseeable future?

I hate buying things if I don't know when I'll get to playing them, but I know I want this game EVENTUALLY and this may be the best price it's ever gonna be. So I'm torn.

They're not very common and this is probably the best one I've seen on the service. Not indicative of what their norm is.

I doubt this is the best price ME3 will ever be, but I also wouldn't rely on it getting cheaper any time soon. I'd anticipate that it'll be cheaper in the uptick toward the next ME game, which isn't going to be for a while.

TLDR? If I didn't have ME3, I'd buy it now.

Zafehouse is part of an indie royal bundle at the moment. Pretty nice one too.

Geometry wars 2 is currently only 200 points on xbla

i bought it yesterday and then made it my mission in life not to be the last of my friends on any of the leaderboards

Thunderpeel is a god among poeple that shoot shapes with a little space ship

Hmm, I don't know if this should go in the game forum, the book forum, or both, but there is an ebook bundle with game related books including two books from Jordan Mechner!

I randomly came home to 3 75% off coupons for Total War Shogun II, which comes out to $7.50 I believe.  Let me know if you would like one.  It's a great game and a great chance for new-comers to get into the series.

I also got the same coupon for 75% off Total War Shogun II, but I only got two :( PM me if you want one!