JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Yeah I don't know, gathering flowers to make health potions!? Oh wait... so it's like Skyrim without dragons.

The cartography part sounds interesting, I have no idea if having a good sense of direction will translate well into a game world though. Which is why I'm curious.

I think they "fixed" the DRM, still UPlay tho But for be its still a no sale given the fact that it's Ubisoft.

Would you buy from them if they stopped using UPlay?

It's not really UPlay, it's ubisoft's hate for PC gaming which needs to be fixed before I will start buying ubisoft games again. As long as ubisoft is branding PC gamers are pirates I won't buy their products.

Sleeping Dogs is temporarily 91% off, or $4.49 in the US. Grab it before they fix the probable misprice.

Edit: already dead, lame.

I'm amazed that the Steam sale in combination with my discovery of the tradability of stupid TF2 hats, have reduced my Steam wishlist to 3 games *. And one of them is not even out yet. Backlog has grown quite a bit, though.

* there's one imaginary thing there as well, though: Minerva's Den. Or maybe I can buy it for the steam version of BioShock 2 through other means?

You can buy Minerva's Den on the GFWL store if you have Steam BioShock 2. That's the only way to get it aside from buying the BioShock Everything Bundle coming out soon.

Yeah, if you launch Bioshock 2 from Steam, the GFW client will load with it and you should be able to buy it right through that. That's what I did, anyway.

Man, lately the Groupees bundles seem to be the better ones, at least in the sense of having games I don't own. The KISS bundle (Keeping it Simply Simple) has King's Bounty's Warriors of the North, Lucius, Vivisector, iBomber Attack, J.U.L.I.A. and Planet Alcatraz all for only 5$.... The new King's Bounty is just 30€ alone, so it's worth it for me.

Through Savy Gamer I found a site that has limited Steam Keys and doesn't force you to register.... it does force you to give them a cell number for a verification code, but they accept Paypal? Anyway, they have the new Devil May Cry for only 12€! And they only have 8 keys left at this time.

Pretty tempted to pick up Fallout New Vegas + all DLCS: http://www.reddit.co...999_with_promo/

I played it through once on the 360 and the crappy textures + laborious load times really soured the experience for me. I'm hoping there are some sweet mods out by this point that might make this closer - in terms of quality control - to Fallout 3. (And it really wasn't when it was first released on the 360)

I had a pretty good experience with the PC version of FO:NV, at least. And having played the 360 version at length (beat it once on normal, once on... whatever that mode where you have to eat food and drink water), I can say that it is definitely more stable if your PC is up to the task.

Fable III is on sale at Steam, I had almost forgotten about that game. I only remember people being disappointed by it, but they always promise the Moon with these games.

Hmm, would anybody recommend it at 9.99€?

Yes. If you liked Fable II, you'll find III takes away a lot of the wonder and well-designed areas, but still offers a lot of fun stuff, new ideas and funny characters. It's an uneven game, but worth 10 Union Coin.

Fable 3 is quite bad.It's playable, but everything is so tedious and bland. There are much better RPG games out there.

Tedious and bland... I'm re-watching a video review and I'm really put off by the game now. (Unless it gets even cheaper later.)

So apparently when asked if the Vita would drop its price in the West, Sony just flat-ou said "no." Well that sucks.

Canadian Toys R Us has 3DS XLs going for $169 right now. Not sure if that applies to the US as well or not.

Ok, so it's not your usual "deal" per se, BUT! It's kind of cool...

If you Pre-order BioShock Infinite on Steam you can get: BioShock, some TF2 items, AND X-Com: Enemy Unknown... for free!

(Small print: Enough people have to pre-order BioShock Infinite for everyone who pre-orders it to get all the goodies -- Right now you definitely get BioShock for free.)

I wonder if you pre-order it somewhere else but you still get a Steam code... would take still mean you get the pre-order goodies? Because I might actually do it if they reach the pre-order level for X-Com and I'm sure I can get it cheaper at GMG.