JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

:davidbrent: i've got my finger on the pulse innit

If you cut me, i bleed video game deals (this has actually been quite troublesome in the past, i have to wear a Medical ID Alert Bracelet and everything, my blood type is VG- which is quite rare)

I just picked up J J J Joe D D D Danger T T T Two for 400 points. Bit silly considering I didn't really enjoy the first game, I just can't resist a 66% off. Just look at those curves

Grabbed Kinect Party for the sweet price of free. I also got Bully for $10/800 pts, as I figured I might be more likely to play it on 360 than PC due to the achievements. Looking forward to the rest of this sale.

Indie Gala 11 ends in 15 hours. 10 games, most (perhaps even all) of which are pretty good.

Damn. I think I've missed out on the previous 10 Indie Galas... but everything in 11 looks incredibly dull. Just battle management games :-/

The Indie Galas aren't that great, if it weren't for the constant "Greenlight" bundles, they'd be the worse indie bundles out there. The almost every bad Steam game in my collection is from their bundles, they just have that one game that I want that is still ridiculously cheap even if I buy the bundle for that game.

Probably not going to play it anyway (rarely play games on my iPhones), but still downloading.

I've heard a rumour episode 1 is free on Xbox on the 25-31 dec and all the episodes are on sale on the 28th

braveheart-hold-original.jpg

Damn. I think I've missed out on the previous 10 Indie Galas... but everything in 11 looks incredibly dull. Just battle management games :-/

Strategy games aren't dull! Three Moves Ahead is an entire podcast devoted to them! King's Bounty and Men of War are particularly spectacular.

Y'all are probably already aware of the GOG Christmas sale, but in case you aren't: it's happening and there's deals in it and stuff.

I'm interested in picking up some Sierra adventure games, but I'd like some advice before purchasing. What are the Sierra adventure games that you think are notable/most worth playing? I haven't played any of them, and the discount is steeper if I buy the whole bundle, but realistically I'm never gonna get around to playing that many old adventure games.

King's Quest, Space Quest, Quest For Glory and Police Quest, in that order are the favorites, and that's because they don't have Leisure Suit Larry.

I'm going to be slightly disappointed if Steam doesn't also jump on the "End of the World" sale thing, speaking of which, shouldn't the Winter Steam Sale have started anyway?

By the way, is it me or is GOG becoming the adventure gamer's paradise? First the have the whole Edna & Harvery series for the price Steam sells just one of their games, then I pre-order Deponia 2 that comes with the first game for the price of only on Steam and now they have whole Deadelic catalog for a ridiculous price!

Ha. The only Sierra game I have actually played was one of the Leisure Suit Larrys, as a "curious" ~12 year old. I remember getting points for using a toilet, and then more points for flushing. That's actually my strongest memory from the game.

Yeah, the Sierra games aren't that popular anymore, with their moon logic, dead ends and general harshness. I think the later games are much less harsh?

I remember an episode of idle thumbs where a few Sierra games were mentioned as a response to a "recommend me some adventure games" reader mail; wish I could remember the episode in question.