JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Dustforce has an amazing soundtrack and a great super smash brothersy multiplayer (that's local only, sadly) but yeah, I gave up on the actual progression of it very early on.

Played a bit of all games. Dustforce is a bit meatboyish. Rochard is an interesting platformer. Shatter an interesting breakout. SPAZ,... some rather complex space game thingy.

i've been putting off getting Dustforce for a long while.

NABBED. Also didn't have Rochard or Vessel, yet, both of which I really wanted. The rest... I'm still sad Humble Bundle doesn't do separate keys, but it's probably fine.

SPAZ seems like it's pretty great-mazin', but it's one of those games that requires a lot of investment (I got it during some sale... Christmas?). I have yet to give it the investment it deserves.

Has anybody visited the GalaStore? They have a sale on Syberia I & II and Still Life I & II, if you have ever bought any Indie Gala bundle you'll have points to use as a discount and get them for 2.50$.

A deal pretty much anyone could like (well, if you live in the US and like your PC) - enter code SQRLUVOC at checkout for any digital download for a PC game and get 25% off.

Things I'm considering using this with -

Civ V: Gods and Kings for $22.50

Borderlands 2 Season Pass for $22.50

Battlefield 3 Premium for $37.50

Has anybody visited the GalaStore? They have a sale on Syberia I & II and Still Life I & II, if you have ever bought any Indie Gala bundle you'll have points to use as a discount and get them for 2.50$.

They have a game that definitely wins for most generic title of this generation: Zombie Shooter 2. My reaction to that name was, a word at a time, eyes roll, "ugh" and "of course".

It's getting ridiculous how many stores that aren't Steam offer Steam keys as an option, or upon purchasing a game just give you a Steam key and that's it. I fear the day Gabe N. cashes out and my licenses to all those games gets futzed-with. Imagine Microsoft taking over the Steam executable and making it a resource-intensive ad farm. Knowing me I won't be interested in playing many games I own right now in ten years but just in case I've been going for the DRM-free option whenever I can.

They have a game that definitely wins for most generic title of this generation: Zombie Shooter 2. My reaction to that name was, a word at a time, eyes roll, "ugh" and "of course".

It's getting ridiculous how many stores that aren't Steam offer Steam keys as an option, or upon purchasing a game just give you a Steam key and that's it. I fear the day Gabe N. cashes out and my licenses to all those games gets futzed-with. Imagine Microsoft taking over the Steam executable and making it a resource-intensive ad farm. Knowing me I won't be interested in playing many games I own right now in ten years but just in case I've been going for the DRM-free option whenever I can.

I actually enjoy the "Shooter" series, the whole Zombie Shooter and Alien Shooter series is made by the same people and are ridiculous fun if you're into these kind of games. ¬_¬U

Remember that a few months ago there was an Adventure Game Studio Bake Sale for charity? Well, there is now a new AGS sale for charity called Summerbatch, I recognize some of the names of people who worked on these games, like Ben Chandler (Ben304), and with games having such names as Nancy the Happy Whore and PISS, it much be good? I haven't bought it yet myself, but I will before the sale ends.

Well, there is now a new AGS sale for charity called Summerbatch,

It's only sort-of for charity:

It's our first commercial venture ... We'll also make sure a worthy charity gets a donation if we reach certain targets.

Well, it says for ever 500 pounds donated, they'll donate 50 to a charity called Special Effect. It's no Humble Bundle, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't support them.

Groupees is having a Halloween charity bundle! I don't know why but I seem to be getting more Groupee bundle than the others, well, I guess I do know, when ever an IndieRoyale, IndieGala or Humble Bundle appears, I own almost every game in it already.

Steam started the Halloween sale this week. I've decided to take Tanukitsune's advice and get the regretfully named ( ;) )Zombie Shooter 2 for a cool $2.50. I also got Dead Space 2 because that first game was better than alright.

That's money that would have been spent outside if going outside was at all reasonable thing to do right now. I mean, today a lady in my city died from DEBRIS. Like, random shit getting picked up by the wind just knocked the life out of her. I am staying inside and playing video games.

Games You Ought to Maybe Buy:

Limbo - A stupendously atmospheric puzzle platformer about loneliness and dying a lot but not in the VVVVVV/Super Meat Boy sense of dying in a platformer.

$2.49

Atom Zombie Smasher - A fast paced action strategy game where you must evacuate civilians from different parts of Nuevo Aires before they are eaten by zombies. Sometimes you need to kill a few civilians to save the rest, like when you need to literally destroy half the city to stop the zombies. The game has a wonderful sense of humor and style that only Blendo Games games have, and it has a lot of replayability thanks to an in-game mod install menu that lets you tweak your game with community contributions. And if the "Blendo Games" thing didn't tip you off, this is from Brendon Chung, friend of the cast and creator of Thirty Flights of Loving.

$2.49

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - Easily one of the best RPGs ever made. The world is fleshed out in incredible detail, with believable and interesting locations that are populated by exactly the kinds of people who would live in the world. Where does the food come from? Where do the soldiers stay? Where are the trading routes? This is all fully realized. The story is amazing, the DLC is hilarious, the quests are interesting and have multiple solutions, there are lots of speech checks, the announcer on Radio New Vegas is Wayne Newton, there's a robot called FISTO... this is miles ahead of Fallout 3 and, I think, better than Fallout 2.

$14.99

BioShock 2 - In my opinion, a worthy followup to the original. The story isn't bad and it doesn't rely on a twist, but where it really improves is the gameplay. You can now wield a plasmid and a weapon together at all times, and because you play as a Big Daddy, you get some really interesting weapons, including that fucking drill. You can really go to town on people. The DLC, Minerva's Den, is an amazing short story that surpasses most of what BioShock and BioShock 2 have to offer. Friend of Idle Thumbs JP LeBreton is responsible for much of the game, and the same goes for Hot Scoops.

$4.99

Space Pirates and Zombies - A fairly fun game where you fly your mothership around to various parts of space and then send out your fleet to accomplish missions. You can customize all the ships in your fleet to match your playstyle and it's a lot of fun to unlock new ships and weapons and slowly grow more powerful. The game plays like Star Control's space combat.

$2.49

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - Another one of the greatest RPGs made, this motherfucker NEVER goes on sale so buy it right now if you like Deus Ex or games like that.

$4.99

Home - Haven't played it but people seem to like it.

$1.49

Rock of Ages - What do you get when you cross Monty Python, Marble Madness, and an art history class? The funniest tower defense/boulder rolling game ever to come out of a Chilean developer. Recently patched to have even better multiplayer and for Halloween, it has a ghost boulder and a pumpkin boulder.

$2.49

Nancy Drew®: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake - Fucking GHOST DOGS am I right

$1.74

Rage is on sale, but people seem to have forgotten it so quickly, that I'm not sure it's worth it? Is it one of those games that everybody loved at day one, but forgotten about in a week or two?

And even though it's only 15% off, I'm tempted to get Lucius, it was supposed to be an adventure game, but from I've heard... well, it's something more disturbing.

Rage, for all its prettiness, is a pretty forgettable experience.

I tried playing it but it wouldn't work on my desktop. Boo.

That said, I'm probably going to pick up Home for less than a Coke...

I'm pretty sure most of the money goes to the "Adventure Game Maker Preservation Foundation". They need out help, most end up mad, babbling about "honey cat staches" or dying of hunger because they couldn't open their fridge door because they couldn't get the monkey to tap dance for the yak wizard or some terrible rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle accident.... or eaten by a Grue....

Grue is the name they gave to their cat that they forgot to feed for over two weeks.

I am totally going to buy Lucius even though I know it will eventually be cheaper and probably Deadlight too, because Halloween?

PS: I saw the movie that came with the Groupees bundle and.... it's so bad it's good? Ah, karo syrup gore, I've missed you so much! :3

Games You Ought to Maybe Buy:

Limbo - A stupendously atmospheric puzzle platformer about loneliness and dying a lot but not in the VVVVVV/Super Meat Boy sense of dying in a platformer.

$2.49

Atom Zombie Smasher - A fast paced action strategy game where you must evacuate civilians from different parts of Nuevo Aires before they are eaten by zombies. Sometimes you need to kill a few civilians to save the rest, like when you need to literally destroy half the city to stop the zombies. The game has a wonderful sense of humor and style that only Blendo Games games have, and it has a lot of replayability thanks to an in-game mod install menu that lets you tweak your game with community contributions. And if the "Blendo Games" thing didn't tip you off, this is from Brendon Chung, friend of the cast and creator of Thirty Flights of Loving.

$2.49

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition - Easily one of the best RPGs ever made. The world is fleshed out in incredible detail, with believable and interesting locations that are populated by exactly the kinds of people who would live in the world. Where does the food come from? Where do the soldiers stay? Where are the trading routes? This is all fully realized. The story is amazing, the DLC is hilarious, the quests are interesting and have multiple solutions, there are lots of speech checks, the announcer on Radio New Vegas is Wayne Newton, there's a robot called FISTO... this is miles ahead of Fallout 3 and, I think, better than Fallout 2.

$14.99

BioShock 2 - In my opinion, a worthy followup to the original. The story isn't bad and it doesn't rely on a twist, but where it really improves is the gameplay. You can now wield a plasmid and a weapon together at all times, and because you play as a Big Daddy, you get some really interesting weapons, including that fucking drill. You can really go to town on people. The DLC, Minerva's Den, is an amazing short story that surpasses most of what BioShock and BioShock 2 have to offer. Friend of Idle Thumbs JP LeBreton is responsible for much of the game, and the same goes for Hot Scoops.

$4.99

Space Pirates and Zombies - A fairly fun game where you fly your mothership around to various parts of space and then send out your fleet to accomplish missions. You can customize all the ships in your fleet to match your playstyle and it's a lot of fun to unlock new ships and weapons and slowly grow more powerful. The game plays like Star Control's space combat.

$2.49

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - Another one of the greatest RPGs made, this motherfucker NEVER goes on sale so buy it right now if you like Deus Ex or games like that.

$4.99

Home - Haven't played it but people seem to like it.

$1.49

Rock of Ages - What do you get when you cross Monty Python, Marble Madness, and an art history class? The funniest tower defense/boulder rolling game ever to come out of a Chilean developer. Recently patched to have even better multiplayer and for Halloween, it has a ghost boulder and a pumpkin boulder.

$2.49

Nancy Drew®: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake - Fucking GHOST DOGS am I right

$1.74

What did my wallet ever do to you?

Does anyone have any experience with The Club or the Fear series and would care to make a recommendation or scream dire warnings?

I seem to remember Fear's AI getting high praise (or at least high praise for the tricks they played), and I think a nice satisfying shooter might be just the tonic I need after XCOM's "Classic Ironman"tm constant stress.

As for the Club I'm just kinda curious what sort of game Bizzare made, a score chase FPS could be interesting at this kinda of price.

The Fear series is not that scary to me, but it's a pretty good shooter anyway. The AI was good, but I wouldn't know if it was praise worthy, it never caught me off guard me?

The Club is terrible.

FEAR 1 & 2 are worth playing, 3 is worth playing if you play it coop. The expansion packs are... well.