JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

I just bought the latest humble bundle almost entirely for the soundtracks. Feels weird.

I'm very curious as to what they add to the Humble Indie Bundle later in the run. Gemini Rue would be great, I don't have it yet and sadly no real money to buy it.

(On a side note: I wonder who bought the Bundle for 1.000$ and wrote 'I'm lonely' for people to see in the 'Top contributors'-list. It's a sad sight. Or is it an ad for something?)

(On another side note: I'm rooting for the HIB5-sales and check them quite regularly, because I want Doublefine to stay healthy and in business.)

Too bad you missed the Bundle in a Box, it had Gemini Rue in it. (I think I have an extra Steam and/or Desura code from this?)

Yeah, I saw it, but then forgot - and then it was too late. ('code' as in 'for Gemini Rue'? If you happen to find it and don't need it, I'd be happily take it.)

Warlock: Master of Magic is 50% off at Steam! WIZARDS!

Would it be a bit of a faux-pas to buy the Humble Bundle, download the music and give the bundle link to someone else?

Deus Ex games are 75% off this weekend on Steam.

I'd be angry at them for making me an offer I can't refuse, but then I actually feel kind of bad getting Human Revolution for GB£5.

Is it really on sale? I don't see any discount. But it's still a steal at that price! :tup:

No "sale" but a special temporary promotion. I just played about an hour of Rainslick episode #3 and it's :tup: to far. Plays like one of those old JRPGs from the SNES era.

Warhammer 40K games 75% off this weekend on Steam.

Must... resist....

I'm not very good at RTS games, but after playing Space Marine.... I must resist too!

Oddly enough, most of the games people mentioned to me in the strategy thread are for sale at Amazon.com

The link has instruction on how to buy them if you're not American and they all activate on Steam! :tup:

PS: It's Paradox strategy bundle: Crusader Kings, Majesty, Sword of the Stars, Warlock....

Edit: Amazon.com also has a 2K strategy pack for 20$ with Civ IV, Civ V and the Stronghold bundle.

Sweet,l all I need now is a valid US address, anyone fancy being stalked? 8 quid is a steal tho, snap that up people!

I am broke, and so must also resist DoW2. I keep telling myself it isn't worth putting up with GFWL. Am I wrong?

As far as I can tell, the GFWL integration is confined to occasional messages during singleplayer that you've been disconnected from their network. You can avoid even those if you make an offline account, which is totally viable since no one playing multiplayer is playing anything but Retribution, which ditched the GFWL components.

Sweet,l all I need now is a valid US address, anyone fancy being stalked? 8 quid is a steal tho, snap that up people!

I'm pretty sure there are US addresses you can just Google to use for this, just use Google Maps in the US and pick a place. I used a friend's though.

Also be careful you don't use a state that taxes this kind of stuff.

The creators of Uplay have just launched a store and are offering Hawx 2, From Dust, Silent Hunter 5, and Driver San Francisco for 1 [local currency]. Today's deal is Hawx 2.

Who volunteers to check it out? I would but I have a dentists appointment or something.

Sign... bought Vessel a few weeks ago. And ofcourse I have plenty of Torchlight.

And it looks like I finally burned through my paypal balance (thank you gog.com).