JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Ah, nevermind. It just took some minutes to register. Got 33% off Valve

I got an actual gift! Half-Life 2 + Lost Coast.

So erm.. If you are one of the very few people who still don't own the game, you are welcome to it.

L.A. Noire is 12.49... At that price I might give it a go.

Totally worth it at that price.

This is the final day right? Tomorrow will be the best of, but that's about it?

There are a few indie games in my wishlist that I think I'll buy everything else will have to wait for the next sale, but I want to make sure they won't go on sale on the final day.

attachment.php?attachmentid=777&stc=1&d=1325359878

Here's my pitiful haul. The Steam gift is Half Life: Episode 1 (with Lost Coast), if anyone doesn't have it already. I doubt I'll be able to earn any more achievements before it's over. Are there any easy ones for free or cheap games? Having given away Hoard, I might now buy it anyway for the achievement if it is simple to get.

post-162-13375603477621_thumb.gif

The ones on SteamCheeves are bit wrong, I think. Some games, like Poker Night at the Inventory and Cave Story+, have added Xmas things... and some people have assumed they're related to the Steam Gift Pile. As today shows, there are no PKI or CS+ achievements to be had.

Here's a better set of guides:

http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/wiki/The_Great_Gift_Pile

Here's what I've managed to get without any trading...

attachment.php?attachmentid=778&stc=1&d=1325362347

post-94-1337560347798_thumb.png

I now have two 50% and one 33% coupon for Valve games...:getmecoat

Too bad they don't stack or I could get a free Valve game.

PS: For some strange reason I haven't received a forum notification in hours. Is this happening to anybody else? How do I fix it?

Crap. I did one of those other achievements that weren't in the Gift Pile page yet. (Hoard). Now it appeared there, but it doesn't register :( I played the game again for a bit to be safe and did burn some additional thieves, but no luck :(

Check the winter sale achievement page again. Did the BIT.TRIP.BEAT one last night, and only by returning to that page did I get my coal.

So some guy apparently crafted 147 coal today and got 21 Valve coupons. Not sure if it's real, but other people are reporting that they have similarly crafted nothing but Valve coupons today.

Now I'm scared to craft mine (I'm up to 74, and it looks like that's where I'll stay). I was waiting until the last day to do so. I wonder if the "gift pile" was actually a legitimate "pile", in that there's limited stock of certain things, and now only Valve stuff is left?

I have all of the cheesemints except for three: Warhammer 40k: Space Marine, Game of Thrones - Genesis, and Super Meat Boy. I didn't buy Space Marine because, even though I wanted to, I was low on funds (I have them now, but I'm not paying $38). I didn't buy Game of Thrones because, even though I was interested, it apparently ended up being quite the dud. I own Super Meat Boy, but... at this point, I don't really care enough to bother. I'll go for it some day just because I love the game, but I don't feel like stressing out over it.

X:

Apparently Valve ran out of free gifts (they had something on the order of 3 million) and now you can't get anything but Valve coupons, because naturally they have plenty of those. :violin:

Yep. So now I'm not gonna craft my coal and instead of getting nothing but coupons, I'll just get nothing!

Dammit, why didn't they say there was a limit of games to be won? It's a good thing I gave up on the prizes and I'm keeping the coal too!:tdown:

I completed 29, won't bother with the F2P ones. I was hoping there'd be a bigger discount for AssCreed Rev -- it was still 5€ more than a physical copy :(

Same here, I'm waiting for AssRev to go down in price.

It feels like they are releasing a million AssCred games a year, I'm waiting to see if this trend continues, I cared about the story, but it seems they are milking the series and the story will end up being a mess, like Lost?

Somewhat related, I don't suppose anyone knows where I could get a month of XBL Gold cheaply? Or even just if there's a place to get those 24/48 hour XBL codes?

Here?

It depends on where you live I guess, I know there are sites that sell codes online for each area, but I don't think a UK card would work on an US console and vice versa.

Speaking of which. I have the following up for grabs:

- VVVVV

- 25% OFF Valve

- 50% OFF Hard Reset

- 50% OFF Alien Breed Impact

- 50% OFF Osmos

- 50% OFF Hard Reset

I can recommend this game, it flew under the radar but is well worth a play. A very old school FPS with stunning graphics and some cool ideas, slightly marred by a non-nonsensical story and somewhat repetitive combat. For what little money it goes for though, it's definitely a good investment. :tup:

I too enjoyed what I played of it. Wish there was more to keep me engaged, but what game was there was fun enough.