JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

Man, started trying to get the achievement in AAAAAAAAAA For the Awesome. That one is super hard. Probably won't end up with it.

Is Sonic Generations playable on a PC?

This game really requires a gamepad, specially the new-Sonic mode needs a gamepad because it's barely playable with the keyboard because up and left constantly change meaning. Guess I'll have to get my old gamepad working with xinput stuff.

Can we trade coal for coal and then get an extra coal for that? Bleh. I'm kind of ignoring this campaign, but I'll gladly trade away

* my single piece of coal

* Dota 2 gift??? I don't know how I got this

* Half-Life (1) gift

* Puzzle agent gift

* Half-Life 2 Episode One gift

* Any Team Fortress hats or stuff, since I don't play that game

BTW Alice for 12.50€. Sounds good? I'll probably not getting it though, as I am very unlikely to find the time to play it.

holy crap I haven't checked the thread in a day and my last response is already a couple of pages buried :fart:

Anyways, Erkki, if you wouldn't mind trading coal for coal(to get the extra coal) I'll do it. I've added you as I didn't already have you on steam so when you accept we should be able to go ahead and trade :)

Man, started trying to get the achievement in AAAAAAAAAA For the Awesome. That one is super hard. Probably won't end up with it.

Holy crap, you're not kidding.

So anyone want to trade The Longest Journey + Dreamfall for coal or something else? Or coal for coal so that I can get more coal?

I feel horrible for this post.

Nappi, I've friend requested you and I'll trade coal for coal if you like. (Or I have 33% and 50% off Valve products if you want those, but they don't seem too popular at the moment!)

Hmm... I wonder if the gifts are truly random or does it give more other things than coal at first and later gives more coal. Before I even did anything conciously, I received Dota 2, then 25% off Stronghold, then Garry's mod. And at that time I had only 3 coals. Now I have 11 coals (it was a busy evening) and haven't gotten any other things after Garry's mod.

ps. fuck I keep writing 'goal' instead of 'coal'. I don't know why.

I had 7 coal before I got anything, now I have some coupons for things I don't care about. Whoo.

I guess I will post this in hereee. U:

SHIT I GOT FOR YOU

• Coal x45
  • Droplitz
  • Blocks That Matter
  • -33% Valve x3
  • -25% Valve x5
  • -25% Ubisoft
  • -33% GSC Games
  • -33% bitComposer
  • -25% 2K
  • -75% Torchlight
  • -33% Dungeon Siege III
  • -50% Sequence x2
  • -50% Lightfish
  • -50% Orcs Must Die
  • -50% Osmos
  • -50% Crazy Machines 2
  • -25% Batman: Arkham City

SHIT YOU BEST BE GIVIN' ME

• Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
  • Game of Thrones: Genesis
  • Other future cheesemint games
  • Sonic Generations
  • Bulletstorm
  • More coal?

Coupons still free, but if you're nice you'll give me a coal each or sumfin. :3

(I really don't want more coal but it's all people seem to want to give me so I've kind of given in. I will craft it all on the last day.)

Ha! I'll take your coal. Actually I wanna keep all my coal and not craft it. If people don't want any of their coal, send it to me. I'm going for the big prize...

Previous items still available:

Puzzle Agent

Achron (though possibly on reserve for Orvidos)

Darwinia

Additional things:

Left 4 Dead

-50% Alien Breed 2

-50% Grotesque Tactics

-50% The Ball

-50% Oddboxx

-50% Chantelise

I'm not too fussed about the coupons, so whatever anybody wants to offer will probably be taken.

Also: the new owners of The Ship are doing a promotion thing, so I have 2 gift copies available. I'm willing to just give these away to the first two people who express concrete interest, so let me know.

damn.. you people received a lot of non-coal.

I have up for trade:

- VVVVVVVVVV (received for 7 coal)

- 25% valve discount

- 50% hard reset discount (received for 7 coal)

- 50% alien breed impact discount

It's actually funny. Coal is supposed to be a shitty gift, but trading in 7 coal for an even shittier gift (i.e. useless coupons) that's just evil.

Edited by elmuerte

• Blocks That Matter

If you didn't have that, that's an awesome thing to receive!

Ha! I'll take your coal. Actually I wanna keep all my coal and not craft it. If people don't want any of their coal, send it to me. I'm going for the big prize...

Suddenly I'm beginning to wonder what the probability of you winning would be where the entire forum to gift you their coal.

Suddenly I'm beginning to wonder what the probability of you winning would be where the entire forum to gift you their coal.

Still hilariously low. A bunch of people (read: assholes) abused the latest Humble Bundle in order to accumulate mountains of coal.

Not that anyone had any real chance in the first place.

You must have a game on Steam in order to get your first piece of coal (otherwise you could just spam registrations). The best and most assholish way to achieve this is, of course, paying 1 cent for the Humble Bundle.

At least, I think that is how it happened.

That's exactly how it happened. That's why HumbleBundle required a minimum of $1 to get steam keys, unless you mail them and ask politely.

There is always some obnoxious scumbag trying to take advantage. Sigh.

So lets see what today's deals are. What's that you say? 75% off Dead Space 1 & 2 and the same off Dungeon Defenders? Sigh. *opens wallet*

Eh? So people were setting up a new account and paying $1 just to get one lump on coal...?

No, they paid $0.01ish.

Just bought Assassin's Creed Revelations for 25% off. Kinda sucks that the first thing I do before buying it is google "Revelations PC DRM" but the search came out to be about what the DRM on Driver is, so I can live with that. Excited to finally check the game out.