JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

You can trade coal for that one? Sure, I'm up!:tup:

EDIT: Apparently I won Nuclear Dawn with one of the Holiday Achievements.

I don't know much about the game but maybe I can trade it if someone has something I might like?

Edited by Tanukitsune

I think it's possible to trade coal. It's mentioned in the rules somewhere.

:buyme:

75% off 'Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition/Time Gentlemen, Please! Bundle' on Steam. Which makes it 74p!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/37400/

(Remember to check out the BTDT extras in the 'Steam/steamapps/Common' folder, they're amazing.)

:buyme:

Edited by bbX1138

Hurray for me!

I traded a coal with Tanukitsune, and thereby completing the "trade" steamchievement. And for that, I got another coal. Ended up 7 coal, decided to craft it to a gift, and received none other than: VVVVV. A game which I already had :/

So... anyone want to trade VVVVV for an other game?

Speaking of trades, I have for trade:

-Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter

-Shadowgrounds

-Nuclear Dawn (From the achievements)

And a 50% discout for Arkham City, which I'll probably use. Was that the discount it had on the special discount day?

Merry Christmas my fellow thumbs. If anyone is interested in trading coal for, well coal to get the steam achievement let me know and we can give it a whirl :).

Also, if you haven't already bought the Humble indie bundle 4, you should. I just bought it this morning and now have 12 games, all for about $5.50 :D pretty chuffed :grin:

I just traded my coal for 25% off Meridian 4 games... Aren't they like 50% now? Discounts don't stack, right?

Edit: I just got 33% off Saints Row The Third, which I already own....:frusty:

heh... I'm only receiving coal...

are those discount coupons even valid during the sale? the one I have is valid from januari till march.

Oh, I didn't notice the discount starts the day the sale is over, but maybe it overlaps? I doubt it though.

I've gotten all the gifts I can, the only ones left are too challenging, from free MMOs and multiplayer ones. Does anybody want to do the Swords & Soldiers HD one with me? :mock:

I'm only two away from a new chance from the gift pile.:tup::tmeh::tdown::hmph:

EDIT: I got another game I already own.... Abadon the Black Fortress.

That's it, if I get any more coal, I'm KEEPING it, I'm fed up getting stuff I already have or don't want!

Edited by Tanukitsune

I was objective whoring pretty hard, getting worthless coupons and crafting coal to get more worthless coupons, until I did the objective for this lousy F2P shooter Crime Craft and got Total War: Shogun 2 for it - just when I was beginning to lose all hope. I'm pretty happy now.

FAQ for the coupons say that it does stack with existing discount unless otherwise noted, so maybe some of them are worth keeping.

I've gotten all the gifts I can, the only ones left are too challenging, from free MMOs and multiplayer ones. Does anybody want to do the Swords & Soldiers HD one with me? :mock:

I'm down with some sword and soldiers tomorrow afternoon to unlock those achievements.

This laptop doesn't run S&S very well.

I'd also like to trade something, if anyone would like to. Still got Portal and MI:SE... And some coal.

Could I nab that copy of Portal for my sister? I have some miscellaneous games and coupons you are welcome to in return.

My steam name is also Cult of Jared. I've sent you a friend invite thing, so we can trade (and be best buds, in the digital sense).

Can we trade coal for coal and then get an extra coal for that? Bleh. I'm kind of ignoring this campaign, but I'll gladly trade away

* my single piece of coal

* Dota 2 gift??? I don't know how I got this

* Half-Life (1) gift

* Puzzle agent gift

* Half-Life 2 Episode One gift

* Any Team Fortress hats or stuff, since I don't play that game

BTW Alice for 12.50€. Sounds good? I'll probably not getting it though, as I am very unlikely to find the time to play it.

Maybe we should open a Steam trading thread?

EDIT: There is a trading forum at Steam, but it moves too fast, it's almost easier to search for the games you want to trade and see what the have to offer.

I managed to trade Nuclear Dawn for Limbol, which I own on XBLA, but it was the only offer I didn't have on Steam already... Avadon is hard to get rid of. :tdown:

Edited by Tanukitsune

I somehow got The Longest Journey/Dreamfall bundle as a gift. I already own The Longest Journey (good game, in my opinion) and I'm not that interested in Dreamfall, so if anyone is interested, I'm willing to trade. Another game would be optimal but if nothing comes up, I can settle for coal as well.

Huh. I can't gift Portal to Cult of Jared because he already owns it. Weird.

I just got Super Meat Boy thanks to a trade with Thompson, so that's up for trading, too.

I have only gotten 4 so far. Most of them seem to require playing video games.

I've gotten enough to redeem it twice and I've regretted redeeming both times. :tdown:

EDIT: The new deals are up.

Is Bulletstorm worth it at it's current price? The original FarCry for 3€? How about Red Faction Armageddon?

It looks there are some new relatively easy Steam achievements for games I already own, I'll give those a go.

I think Bulletstorm was worth every penny of the retail price.

If you like a rollercoaster of FPS action, and don't mind the colorful language, then Bulletstorm is really worth it. If you played Gears of War, it's like that but more and more fast paced action.

Far Cry, the original, sucks. It's like all other crytek games. But for 3 euros... it's worth the try I guess.